Sellita SW200 w/ Dubois Dépraz 293 chronograph module

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Sellita SW200 w/ Dubois Dépraz 293 chronograph module

Post by foghorn » May 28th 2019, 8:10am

When setting the time the minute hand didn't always begin to advance until the sub dial seconds hand made a full revolution. When this happenned you were a minute off. It wasn't possible to compensate for it by setting a minute fast because it didn't happen every time. It was a crapshoot each time and it drove me nuckin' futs. And these were good watches. Chopard and Omega. Long gone.
kevco
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by kevco » May 28th 2019, 9:47am

foghorn wrote:When setting the time the minute hand didn't always begin to advance until the sub dial seconds hand made a full revolution. When this happenned you were a minute off. It wasn't possible to compensate for it by setting a minute fast because it didn't happen every time. It was a crapshoot each time and it drove me nuckin' futs. And these were good watches. Chopard and Omega. Long gone.

Thank you sir.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 28th 2019, 11:07am

FWIW I have the DnD module on the Zodiac Calame tribute chronoraph and haven't had any problems- it's on the ETA mvmnt in case that matters.

Smooth running and spot on accurate.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 28th 2019, 12:27pm

kevco wrote:I have been trying to find a list of modules they manf. and I can seem to locate.

The following is what I have in the 'ol library.

This link is for Omega-it has excellet drawings that show how the module is laid out and serviced.

https://watchguy.co.uk/technical/Omega/231_Omega3220.pdf

When I bought the Zodiac I was looking for technical information and AIR I requested information in English from them that I never received. If you want to mess with translating in Google or wherever, the information is on their site at the first link. You can try the email address to request information, but since they provide comps for lots of brands the tech specs may be behind a registration / industry only wall on the site; could be why I apparently got nothing re my email request. If you find an "English" button on the DD site, please let me know... I'm not with the French, thx.

CONTACT

DUBOIS DEPRAZ SA
Grand-Rue 12
1345 LE LIEU / SUISSE
Tél:
+41 (0)21 841 15 51
Fax:
+41 21 841 18 22

http://www.dubois-depraz.ch

info@dubois-depraz.ch

IDK if it's still available, but this links to a book from DD on their history which covers all of the complications they manufacture including the chronograph modules.

https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/dubois-depraz-book.559/

kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » May 29th 2019, 6:59am

3Flushes wrote:
kevco wrote:I have been trying to find a list of modules they manf. and I can seem to locate.

The following is what I have in the 'ol library.

This link is for Omega-it has excellet drawings that show how the module is laid out and serviced.

https://watchguy.co.uk/technical/Omega/231_Omega3220.pdf

When I bought the Zodiac I was looking for technical information and AIR I requested information in English from them that I never received. If you want to mess with translating in Google or wherever, the information is on their site at the first link. You can try the email address to request information, but since they provide comps for lots of brands the tech specs may be behind a registration / industry only wall on the site; could be why I apparently got nothing re my email request. If you find an "English" button on the DD site, please let me know... I'm not with the French, thx.

CONTACT

DUBOIS DEPRAZ SA
Grand-Rue 12
1345 LE LIEU / SUISSE
Tél:
+41 (0)21 841 15 51
Fax:
+41 21 841 18 22

http://www.dubois-depraz.ch

info@dubois-depraz.ch

IDK if it's still available, but this links to a book from DD on their history which covers all of the complications they manufacture including the chronograph modules.

https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/dubois-depraz-book.559/

Thank you sir. This is plenty enough information to keep this WIS at bay for quite a while.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 29th 2019, 10:49am

kevco wrote:...Thank you sir. This is plenty enough information to keep this WIS at bay for quite a while.

You're welcome, man, and good luck.

I appear to have been beaten down by not being able enough to get past their red tape in French.

The video is great- I love that stuff, all the machinery, the gizmos, and tools, and the humans with the hand work and crafting , and assembling... with all of the different complications DD cranks out that would be a fun WL field trip right there alright. Koi has spoken to them AIR- maybe he could get us in.

kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » May 29th 2019, 11:53am

3Flushes wrote:
kevco wrote:...Thank you sir. This is plenty enough information to keep this WIS at bay for quite a while.

You're welcome, man, and good luck.

I appear to have been beaten down by not being able enough to get past their red tape in French.

The video is great- I love that stuff, all the machinery, the gizmos, and tools, and the humans with the hand work and crafting , and assembling... with all of the different complications DD cranks out that would be a fun WL field trip right there alright. Koi has spoken to them AIR- maybe he could get us in.

I used your link (thank you) to create a user name and pw so I could get in and get their module part numbers..after translating the page from French to American :D

Return to “General Watch talk”