It really is that blue (Seiko content)

Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

It really is that blue (Seiko content)

Post by Pubbie » May 5th 2019, 4:48am

So I wanted to start a sentence with "so", as modern vernacular dictates, in order to introduce a drunken holiday purchase. Sorry, "acquisition", with "funds", from "my AD".

I was on the lookout for an honest-to-goodness, salt-of-the-earth, man-of-the-people, pillar-of-society, beer-drinkin, Dodge RAM-drivin, Home Depot-visitin, grill-buyin, backyard-cookin, bad-ass muthafuckin dive watch, the basic kind worn by real people (it says here). I spotted a nice Citizen NY-0088 (hell, it's even named after a US postcode, sort of) with a Pepsi (another US product) bezel, which I liked as I used to own the earlier, smaller one before I flooded it and chucked it in a skip. I had some beers at lunchtime and bought this much more expensive one instead, because it looked pretty in the blue "colourway". This photo isn't adjusted - it really is that vivid. Sorry, pops!

_20190424_141631.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: It really is that blue (Seiko content)

Post by Pubbie » May 5th 2019, 8:42am

It is - the movement is a bit grainy and workaday with noisy handwinding, but that's kind of the whole down-to-earth appeal of the watch. And then they go and out a blue on it that, in some lights, wouldn't shame an H. Moser. The bezel is plain anodised but it looks like ceramic.

More than I wanted to spend on a knockabout watch but it's a level up on the Citizen I looked at and I preferred the shape to the "Turtle". Thanks all.

Return to “General Watch talk”