Welcome to watchlords

koimaster
Founder

Welcome to watchlords

Post by koimaster » February 11th 2019, 8:27pm

image.jpeg

To our regular group of members, to our lurkers and to those who have not been here in awhile. Put a toe in the water, the sharks here may or may not bite. We try to have regular feeding here to keep them in line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Welcome to watchlords

Post by MAX » February 12th 2019, 5:54am

Cuttie these days John? What happened, you used to have a discerning palate. I guess the Absinthe does drive one insane.
NRPI and Shitheel here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

If I am to be insulted I must first value your opinion.
Richt2k

Post by Richt2k » February 12th 2019, 12:24pm

I am a longtime member but I have only been lurking in recent years. Haven’t had time or funds to buy any new watches so my collection has remained the same. Still like online window shopping and seeing the daily WURW posts. They keep me satisfied and prevent me from buying another watch that I don’t need.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » February 12th 2019, 12:39pm

Richt2k wrote:I am a longtime member but I have only been lurking in recent years. Haven’t had time or funds to buy any new watches so my collection has remained the same. Still like online window shopping and seeing the daily WURW posts. They keep me satisfied and prevent me from buying another watch that I don’t need.

:bvbvbv:

conjurer
Owner

Post by conjurer » February 12th 2019, 1:41pm

codguy wrote:
Richt2k wrote:I am a longtime member but I have only been lurking in recent years. Haven’t had time or funds to buy any new watches so my collection has remained the same. Still like online window shopping and seeing the daily WURW posts. They keep me satisfied and prevent me from buying another watch that I don’t need.

No reason not to participate, though, Mr. 2k. I haven't hardly changed my collection up in over a year!!
TemerityB
Troll

Post by TemerityB » February 12th 2019, 1:58pm

codguy wrote:

Hey, yeah, man - being a collector or enthusiast doesn't mean you have to buy 'em all the time. Sometimes, you have enough. I swear, I'm about one away from calling it a wrap, too - but like you, Rich, I like to read and learn about as much stuff as possible. Yeah, nerdy, but then again, I enjoy my perverse fun - I have a blast going into area Tourneaus, being acosted by some smoothie in a tie, and knowing more about the stuff he sells than he does. God, they hate that. :wink:
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » February 12th 2019, 3:40pm

TemerityB wrote:
codguy wrote:

Hey, yeah, man - being a collector or enthusiast doesn't mean you have to buy 'em all the time. Sometimes, you have enough. I swear, I'm about one away from calling it a wrap, too - but like you, Rich, I like to read and learn about as much stuff as possible. Yeah, nerdy, but then again, I enjoy my perverse fun - I have a blast going into area Tourneaus, being acosted by some smoothie in a tie, and knowing more about the stuff he sells than he does. God, they hate that. :wink:

When I was in retail, very long ago, I learned the more a “customer” knew about my product, the less likely he was to actually buy something.

Good times.

Return to “General Watch talk”