Lo, for I have spunked

Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Lo, for I have spunked

Post by Pubbie » August 30th 2018, 4:04am

No, I haven't received a Timex in the post yet, but this came up used and I had to blow on it. I have been looking for a vintage-y diver in classic (= ghey) sizes but without the brown lume that is fashionable at the moment (in the pic it looks coloured but it's not). I nearly shot my load on a CWC but the fixed bars don't appeal; Tissots are too basic; Longines are too big or too expensive; Oris is overpriced too but this one was little more than half its new price and in as-new condition. Nice, white lume that's not that bright but easy to read in the dark.

Most amount of money I've ever spent on a watch, though that's not saying much these days, even a Longines dress watch is over £1,000 now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Lo, for I have spunked

Post by Pubbie » August 30th 2018, 6:56am

Falstaff wrote:Handsome.

Yes but what about the watch : )

Only one thing grips my turd: the gold tone of the dial marking and the hands don't match. One's yellow, one's rose.

OK this is a better picture of this agreeably handsome watch, because I didn't take it. It's from Fratello, whose strapline for its review of the watch is the inspirational and uplifting "AN ADEQUATE SIZE".

The recent bronze 40mm Sixty-Five is exactly the same, but with a splash of bronze on the bezel, and without all the moustache
shit on it.

Return to “General Watch talk”