Geek speak-where did it start?

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Geek speak-where did it start?

Post by Mark1 » December 8th 2016, 10:26pm

It's been here for a while. A tribute (or perhaps satire if you will), to the glory days, at the simpler wartch forum from a simpler time, WartchGeeks. When did it start here? Reckon I don't know but here is an early sample, from September 2010, in the post by boscoe. If you know of an earlier thread, post it.

viewtopic.php?f=154&t=5114&hilit=Cool#p29932
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Geek speak-where did it start?

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » December 9th 2016, 9:00am

whale fuck, eat duzzent mater wear geak speek cums frum-gist sew lawng ass oui cunt-in-ewe two yooz it heer ate wartchlourdes...whiff out eat the maRy kay Place jest woant bea benederet the saym! fuking planks... :oops:
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » February 9th 2022, 11:55am

koimaster wrote:
February 9th 2022, 10:36am
I miss the old days when thin skin disqualified you from here.
We have all seen them come & go. Proudly exclaiming to be in the big end of the pool, they get a little water up the nose......... then demands the pool be converted to wading.

Fuck that! These peeps need to simply relegate themselves to running through the sprinkler whilst holding their nose IMHO

boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » February 9th 2022, 4:56pm

By my recollection it goes back to when I was the Grand Fromage at the Invicta Section of another watch forum whose name I honestly can't remember. Used to delight in writing bizarre satires and sendups with kooky grammar. At the same time, Conjurer was making delightfully silly posts at BDWF doing the same thing. Geek-speak became a secret code and handshake among sly mixed martial-artist cross-forum members. Think was maybe 15 years ago(???).

Return to “General Watch talk”