We obviously have spies here

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: We obviously have spies here

Post by koimaster » February 12th 2010, 2:57pm

Watch Noob wrote:After the latest incident with that douche Ulackfocus, it's obvious someone here ran and squealed to him without reason as credit was given. I'll give you 2 guesses on who that may have been.

Some people just want to be assholes and that is fine. If that is how people want to play I am good with that. I can play hardball better than most but it aapears to me that some want to casue problems and in the case of ulackfocus, his article although attributed. He wants it down, fine but he should attribute portions of his articles to the actual sources also.

Members only in by invite only, not because you hit a certain post count or you are a member. It is for people that want to mingle and be comfortable saying what they will and know that only another member in this group could ever snitch on them. And that would be easy to track down.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Watch Noob » February 12th 2010, 3:02pm

koimaster wrote:
Members only in by invite only, not because you hit a certain post count or you are a member. It is for people that want to mingle and be comfortable saying what they will and know that only another member in this group could ever snitch on them. And that would be easy to track down.

In that case Alan and Mark can go fuck themselves for the shit they pulled on me over at DWC. They have their head so far up each others Xtreme wannabe asses, it's pathetic.

Here's a tip boys, when you advertise a forum as free speech, and Xtreme, you better damn well be prepared for it. Otherwise go hide behind your wive's skirts.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » February 12th 2010, 3:21pm

I remember when people were banned or suspended from WG. A large out cry was heard and XMT was born. As stated before, I like Alan and will not badmouth him. I left when for various reasons. The first incident helped me decide to pull my sig file down as my way of stating I was not happy with the forum direction. I removed myself entirely after a comment about my dropping in, posting and just watching the fireworks.

Not sure there were ever any fireworks. In my opinion, what started out there as an open forum morphed into one that is not quite as open as was originally planned. That is the direction the forum chose and I have no issues with Alan doing that since he writes the rules. It was a bit annoying to discover hidden mods/not mods.

At any rate, this place is based on TZ-UK. Self moderated where people should feel comfortable discussing, even heated discussions, with each other and still stay friends.

1946-2006

Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Watch Noob » February 12th 2010, 3:35pm

Alain, I agree and understand your position. Mine was a bit different. They pigeon holed me with only wanting to start trouble and constantly talking about JS and WG's which we all know is BS. I put up my thoughts publically as well as PM with the Owner and Mods there at XMT. I didn't want people censored no matter what their opinion was. Alan obviously has delusions of grandeur about making it to the ranks of WUS someday. He hid behind the excuse that we were chasing potential members away speaking our mind. So why start a forum designed for free speech and call it Xtreme if you are going to cave in to JS and WG's? Just name that place WatchGeeks2 and be done with it already. Use this as your forum banner :albino:
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » February 12th 2010, 3:54pm

Watch Noob wrote:Alain, I agree and understand your position. Mine was a bit different. They pigeon holed me with only wanting to start trouble and constantly talking about JS and WG's which we all know is BS. I put up my thoughts publically as well as PM with the Owner and Mods there at XMT. I didn't want people censored no matter what their opinion was. Alan obviously has delusions of grandeur about making it to the ranks of WUS someday. He hid behind the excuse that we were chasing potential members away speaking our mind. So why start a forum designed for free speech and call it Xtreme if you are going to cave in to JS and WG's? Just name that place WatchGeeks2 and be done with it already. Use this as your forum banner :albino:

I had that discussion several times with Alan. He chose to stay with his vision of watches only and no waves. He is too young to realize that no waves means no dissention. I think in time he will catch on.

1946-2006

Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Darksider » February 12th 2010, 3:58pm

XMT was a fallout forum made up primarily of jilted WG banned members. They felt jilted because they couldn't speak their mind at WG. Alan opened up a forum to do just that. After a while, his Site was infiltrated with WG bunnies who reported back to the Queen and she/he/JS made threats of legal action. Thus the change in direction and the end of free speech and so called extremism.

"wound up halfway under a slab of cement in the Pentagon on 9/11. 17 surgeries over a 28-month period"
Iraq - "And don't you dare tell me it's bullshit; I was there, (Iraq) and I know what I saw.)"
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » February 12th 2010, 4:02pm

Admin wrote:XMT was a fallout forum made up primarily of jilted WG banned members. They felt jilted because they couldn't speak their mind at WG. Alan opened up a forum to do just that. After a while, his Site was infiltrated with WG bunnies who reported back to the Queen and she/he/JS made threats of legal action. Thus the change in direction and the end of free speech and so called extremism.

that will not happen here. Members are free to speak their mind, even if they want to rant against me. If I start censoring because I do not like a subject, where does it stop?

My solution is simple, like a TV, change the channel, don't read the thread.

out to Portland for a bit.

1946-2006

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » February 12th 2010, 6:21pm

If I may interject.

Alan is a Wannabe,Star Wars doll collecting, indecisive (banner /screen name of the day?) watch newbie who will never really be a WIS.
He steals info from TZ and posts all the "new" watch finds without credit and when he does find a new watch on his own it's the most Godawful thing imagineable!
He is ,and always will be be a pretender.
Case in point are his Breitling and Panerai which seem to show up less and less on his daily watch threads.
He probably hates both of them and wishes he had never sold all those Zodiacs.
Darksider
Founder
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Darksider » February 12th 2010, 6:28pm

foghorn wrote:If I may interject.

Alan is a Wannabe,Star Wars doll collecting, indecisive (banner /screen name of the day?) watch newbie who will never really be a WIS.
He steals info from TZ and posts all the "new" watch finds without credit and when he does find a new watch on his own it's the most Godawful thing imagineable!
Case in point are his Breitling and Panerai which seem to show up less and less on his daily watch threads.

I'm not sure about all that. Star Wars paraphernalia is serious business my friend. Do not diss on Chewbacca. Alan already has followers on his Site. Think about it for a minute. If you buy a Breitling, I will have my head straight up your ass and buy one as well.

"wound up halfway under a slab of cement in the Pentagon on 9/11. 17 surgeries over a 28-month period"
Iraq - "And don't you dare tell me it's bullshit; I was there, (Iraq) and I know what I saw.)"

Post by Guest » February 13th 2010, 8:55am

I see him as the Han Solo type.......
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Watch Noob » February 13th 2010, 9:02am

DonBattles wrote:

I see him as the Han Solo type.......

Who's Hans Solo?
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 12th 2019, 8:24am

Watch Noob wrote:
February 12th 2010, 2:48pm
After the latest incident with that douche Ulackfocus, it's obvious someone here ran and squealed to him without reason as credit was given. I'll give you 2 guesses on who that may have been.
A guy from Watchtalkforums who finally got himself banned there. he is currently an inactive member here . As to the spy comment, who cares? We still have folks that read this forum and run to other sites to "report" what the haters say.

:asian:

1946-2006

Return to “General Watch talk”