Watchery.com and Ashford.com

seaurchin

Watchery.com and Ashford.com

Post by seaurchin » November 26th 2013, 10:29pm

I am sure this topic has been beaten TO DEATH, but i used the search function and was unable to find anything regarding this topic.

These two websites sell watches that are not covered by manufacturer's warranty, so i was wondering are these watches real? Prices on some of the watches can be a few thousand dollars.
My question is are these actual watches that are made by the manufacturer on the dial or are these fakes and replicas?

They sell Invicta Pro Diver for $80, http://www.thewatchery.com/detail.asp?i ... 4377120004

I was seating and pondering, for a mere $300 one can buy two or three watches and constantly mix and match with your overall attire. Compared to real Swiss Made Masterpieces that can cost over $2,000

Here's another example, Perrelet for $3,500 http://www.thewatchery.com/detail.asp?i ... _id=176549

Thank you all for your time, good night to all, even if you are a grammar Nazi.
Last edited by seaurchin on November 26th 2013, 10:45pm, edited 3 times in total.
seaurchin

Re: Watchery and Ashford

Post by seaurchin » November 26th 2013, 10:44pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Image

I am sorry, but i don't see any mistakes in my post, you must be drunk or something.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watchery and Ashford

Post by Horse Feathers » November 26th 2013, 11:00pm

seaurchin wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:Image

I am sorry, but i don't see any mistakes in my post, you must be drunk or something.

My apologies, that was harsh of me.

With Invicta multiples are always the best option

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Re: Watchery.com and Ashford.com

Post by Horse Feathers » November 26th 2013, 11:13pm

conjurer wrote:Yo, H-F. I got the work car lubed and oil-changed. Is 3Flushes available? We could stop on the way back at Delmonicos and get a little surf'n'turf action going on.

Now now, I was harsh and apologized. I think we need to just help this lad find the right timepieces that will sing to him and offer a whole new lifestyle.

- JR of Reclinervision ™
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 26th 2013, 11:15pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:Yo, H-F. I got the work car lubed and oil-changed. Is 3Flushes available? We could stop on the way back at Delmonicos and get a little surf'n'turf action going on.

Now now, I was harsh and apologized. I think we need to just help this lad find the right timepieces that will sing to him and offer a whole new lifestyle.

OK, H-F. I figured the shallow grave would work, but we could try it your way.
seaurchin

Post by seaurchin » November 26th 2013, 11:17pm

Well, my main question is still unanswered, are those watches made by companies on the dial, or are they made by Oriental people in the far East (China). For example I was walking today and saw someone on the street selling Movado for $70, clearly those weren't authentic.

I don't want to pay for something that is not genuine, so that is why I am asking.

If they are real, I find it enticing to purchase one set of Pro Diver, which is Invicta's take on the simplest, most beautiful watch ever, Rolex Submariner.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 26th 2013, 11:24pm

seaurchin wrote:Well, my main question is still unanswered, are those watches made by companies on the dial, or are they made by Oriental people in the far East (China). For example I was walking today and saw someone on the street selling Movado for $70, clearly those weren't authentic.

I don't want to pay for something that is not genuine, so that is why I am asking.

If they are real, I find it enticing to purchase one set of Pro Diver, which is Invicta's take on the simplest, most beautiful watch ever, Rolex Submariner.

Seaurchin, I have to admire you and your tenacity. The early (pre-2010) Invicter Prodivers were OK. They had a decent movement (the Miyota) and a pretty good bracelet. They also had a street price of around $100, which means nobody in their right mind would knock them off. Also, the Watchery and Ashford are grey-market sellers, meaning they sell shit sold in different markets in America (or wherever) and so don't generally offer manufacturer's warrantees, which in Invicter's case doesn't matter anyways.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » November 26th 2013, 11:40pm

In order to use an Invicta warranty, you will have to pay more than what it would cost to buy a new Invicta. Your Invicta may last you 3-6 months, Invicta usually arrives broken though. As to if they are fake watches; no one would fake an Invicta. It would be too much for some one to make a fake Invicta with broken hands, broken crystals, broken movements, floating hour markers, creased dials and bracelets that won't stay on.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » November 27th 2013, 1:25am

Grey market sellers generally acquire merch from bankrupt distributors, broke jewelry stores, etc., or, from various sources outside of the US without going through the official US distribution network, importer, or the manufacturer. While the reputable guys sell the real deal, they are not authorized dealers (AD's) so the manufacturers' warranty is most often void, however, they are able to offer the merch at a better price than you would ever get from an AD.

Delmonicos sounds good fellas, I'll keep my schedule open in case. Lemme know.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » November 27th 2013, 1:43am

abduksion wrote:Isn't the Watchery owned by Lior?

Yup, at one time. He purchased that site a couple of years ago and then his businesses tanked

He liked kingdom building but it looks like it was out of hand (ex. Lucien Picard)

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida ... ucien.html

From what I read he tried rescue financing through a couple sources (basically lenders of last resort) and then was was forced to sell the SWI group (WorldofWatches.com, eWatches.com, TheWatchery.com, and SmartBargains.com) to a private equity firm whom just happened to be a primary creditor (Clearlake Capital)

http://www.clearlakecapital.com/news/41 ... ition.html

http://www.clearlakecapital.com/portfolio.html

- JR of Reclinervision ™
abduksion

Post by abduksion » November 27th 2013, 2:53am

Horse Feathers wrote:
abduksion wrote:Isn't the Watchery owned by Lior?

Yup, at one time. He purchased that site a couple of years ago and then his businesses tanked

He liked kingdom building but it looks like it was out of hand (ex. Lucien Picard)

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida ... ucien.html

From what I read he tried rescue financing through a couple sources (basically lenders of last resort) and then was was forced to sell the SWI group (WorldofWatches.com, eWatches.com, TheWatchery.com, and SmartBargains.com) to a private equity firm whom just happened to be a primary creditor (Clearlake Capital)

http://www.clearlakecapital.com/news/41 ... ition.html

http://www.clearlakecapital.com/portfolio.html

Damn had no idea he sold off WOW? :o :shock:
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » November 27th 2013, 5:35am

seaurchin wrote: for a mere $300 one can buy two or three watches and constantly mix and match with your overall attire.

You are truly limiting yourself seaurchin , for that same $300 you can purchase at least seven timepieces and wear a different one each day of the week.
Check the jewelry counter at K-mart, lots of great deals to be had there.

As far as your limited search responses; the enhanced search function is not enabled until you hit the ever important 250 post count.

Welcome to the watchlords liberal echo chamber

Copyright ©️ 2020 codguy media.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » November 27th 2013, 7:32am

seaurchin wrote:Well, my main question is still unanswered, are those watches made by companies on the dial, or are they made by Oriental people in the far East (China).

You do realize that when it comes to TV brands and brands sold on deal-a-day and watch emporium sites, the above two things are not always mutually exclusive.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » November 27th 2013, 7:38am

You could buy forty Invicters for the price of one Rolex. You could buy five Mark Namiers for the price of one Invicter. Or you could buy ten generic watches from Ali Baba or Ebay for the price of five Mark Namiers. Or you could draw a dial on a piece of paper and glue it to your wrist with your own feces for virtually nothing, since price is apparently the only priority.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 27th 2013, 7:53am

seaurchin wrote:Well, my main question is still unanswered, are those watches made by companies on the dial, or are they made by Oriental people in the far East (China). For example I was walking today and saw someone on the street selling Movado for $70, clearly those weren't authentic.

"Oriental people in the far East (China)?" WTF kind of racist shit is that?! Really?

Seriously, who do you think makes that pretty iPhone and damn near every appliance you own?

I own one Invicta. Loved the dial color and couldn't afford the Stowa with the same dial color. The Invicta will not stay in my collection long. It is a decent watch for the money but there are FAR better watches for the $90 I spent on it. There is NO Invicta made worth more than $100. None. Nope, not the one you are thinking of with the uber special ceramicaluminaSuperMansperm coating, even.

Read my lips...Invicta has its place in the watch world and that place is Wal-Mart.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » November 27th 2013, 7:56am

Could I come along this time? I'm young, strong and very loyal. I'll do all the heavy lifting.
---
-ajc
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » November 27th 2013, 8:46am

biglove wrote:

"Oriental people in the far East (China)?" WTF kind of racist shit is that?! Really?

Seriously, who do you think makes that pretty iPhone and damn near every appliance you own?

I own one Invicta. Loved the dial color and couldn't afford the Stowa with the same dial color. The Invicta will not stay in my collection long. It is a decent watch for the money but there are FAR better watches for the $90 I spent on it. There is NO Invicta made worth more than $100. None. Nope, not the one you are thinking of with the uber special ceramicaluminaSuperMansperm coating, even.

Read my lips...Invicta has its place in the watch world and that place is Wal-Mart.

"Oriental people" is racist? Who do you expect to find in the Far East, red Injuns? Esquimeaux? ...and yes, the heathen Chinese build a lovely refrigerator.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 27th 2013, 11:10am

Luftwafflles wrote:You could buy forty Invicters for the price of one Rolex. You could buy five Mark Namiers for the price of one Invicter. Or you could buy ten generic watches from Ali Baba or Ebay for the price of five Mark Namiers. Or you could draw a dial on a piece of paper and glue it to your wrist with your own feces for virtually nothing, since price is apparently the only priority.

Luft's high-water mark for 2013.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » November 27th 2013, 11:25am

TemerityB wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:You could buy forty Invicters for the price of one Rolex. You could buy five Mark Namiers for the price of one Invicter. Or you could buy ten generic watches from Ali Baba or Ebay for the price of five Mark Namiers. Or you could draw a dial on a piece of paper and glue it to your wrist with your own feces for virtually nothing, since price is apparently the only priority.

Luft's high-water mark for 2013.

I laughed out loud, technically if you "draw a dial on a piece of paper and glue it to your wrist with your own feces" you're probably violating Invicta's only original patent, the Invicta Sea Pickle

- JR of Reclinervision ™
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » November 27th 2013, 1:25pm

Hey guys. I have a cavernous trunk if needed. . .

conjurer wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:

OK, H-F. I figured the shallow grave would work, but we could try it your way.

Return to “General Watch talk”