What the heck are the Watchlord watch standards?

Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

Re: What the heck are the Watchlord watch standards?

Post by Horse Feathers » May 23rd 2013, 11:06am

T, Great story

TemerityB wrote:As for the times I've actually seen people wearing Invictas, one was about 10 months ago at a Men's Warehouse (don't EVER shop there).

Arggh, have to admit I shop there often. They have a private label worsted wool suit that is relatively inexpensive, wears and looks well. Also the lady who tailors my suits has been at this location for years and I ask for her by name. I do make a point to go there during a weekday morning.

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
poot74
Senior Member & WIS

Post by poot74 » May 23rd 2013, 1:16pm

I myself have couple Invictas that will never flip for different
reasons, I never thought of Invictas as real watches in the sense of
what a true watch is, never lose sight of the fact, that they are pieces of shit, with no particular value whatsoever .
That been said , I like to wear them once in a while..

Ditto...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 23rd 2013, 4:28pm

Watch Noob wrote:Great story T. I think I actually had a tear rolling down when the part of the SAN came up.

Thanks, but wow, so many typos. Serves me right for trying to sneak that in while I'm at my work office.

I'm still curious though - Conjurer works in much-less populated area than I do, yet he says he sees Invictas all the time. Is that still the case?
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 23rd 2013, 4:31pm

TemerityB wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:Great story T. I think I actually had a tear rolling down when the part of the SAN came up.

Thanks, but wow, so many typos. Serves me right for trying to sneak that in while I'm at my work office.

I'm still curious though - Conjurer works in much-less populated area than I do, yet he says he sees Invictas all the time. Is that still the case?

Yup. I see, I don't know, a few a week at my store. Why this is I really can't say; there are tons of military guys around there, too, being right on the doorstep to JBLM, but most of them are sensible enough to wear Gees and Suuntos.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 23rd 2013, 4:33pm

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

Yup. I see, I don't know, a few a week at my store. Why this is I really can't say; there are tons of military guys around there, too, being right on the doorstep to JBLM, but most of them are sensible enough to wear Gees and Suuntos.

Jeez! Dude, I feel for you. Knowing you, I bet holding your tongue around those gigantic clown watches must be really hard to do.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » May 23rd 2013, 4:36pm

TemerityB wrote:
conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

Jeez! Dude, I feel for you. Knowing you, I bet holding your tongue around those gigantic clown watches must be really hard to do.

Quite so. But then, having spent so many years dealing with the demi-monde, one learns to laugh on the inside.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TVDinner

Post by TVDinner » May 25th 2013, 4:03am

This is an interesting topic that is discussed a lot.

Isn't some of this about the evolution of a person's collection. Many of us (myself included) at one time had a bunch of watches that are mainly sold on TV. And to be honest I DID like many of them at the time for whatever reasons. I see no reason to rehash the well documented reasons why I personally stopped buying those brands BUT as I started to venture out to other brands I also started learning more about them, history, brand info, materials, etc etc etc.

If anything my personal standards DID change. I learned more about the companies I was buying from and made the decision to buy elsewhere. I also decided to buy from more historically established brands that had models I really liked, even if that meant saving for a year (or more) for one watch and not buying the "newest popular impulse buy"by everyone else on multiple sites.

It seems that everyone has different standards and that should be OK. "Buy what you like and like what you buy" has always been what I thought everyone should live by - regardless of what brand or price point you buy at.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 15th 2020, 5:59pm

bbattle wrote:
September 15th 2020, 5:37pm
I thought it was Conjurer that was in charge of standards.

It's cabriole table legs, mind you, not some ol' Shaker crap that gets shoved up one's backside.
This sounds like a microaggression to me.

--Hawkeye

Return to “General Watch talk”