How bad can it be TV edition part 2????

ocean
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

How bad can it be TV edition part 2????

Post by ocean » February 21st 2013, 11:44am

" Say hello to my little friend!"
Was watching this movie was laughing the whole time if you think of this guy Image and these other 2 Imageand Jill man hands Image

Let me introduce the next in the how bad can it be series the Invicta Akula!

Not so little at 52mm and 15mm

For me this a step in the wrong direction but had to be done. The man on the TV was saying "This is the new hotness and the bestest ever!"

The movement is nothing to right home about it's a Rhonda 5040D! This is an older model with dual deployment with the cut away strap which in my judgement is crap.

Size reference photo this should make you laugh.
ImageImage

Sorry guys not my best review. I have had a real hard time putting this review together . I have written this one 3 times before. I know what it is and why, if you know me you know how I am.
In short know what your buying before doing so. To me this watch isn't worth more than 40 or 50 bucks.

Part One for those that missed it. http://www.watchforums.org/t1085-how-bad-can-it-be-tv-edition-android-powerjet-9100
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: How bad can it be TV edition part 2????

Post by TemerityB » February 21st 2013, 12:53pm

Anytime I see an Akula, Venom, Bolt, etc, my first thoughts are "eeesh!"

Then I think of Kendy Klarkbar and Michael "That's Not Talc, I'm Just Decaying" Turdling, and Allsin Wagontrain, and Daniel "Brilliant" Green after reading a review like this one, and it reminds me of what fucking simpletons WGS are.

And then I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Nice review - remember, there's no such thing as a bad one, partciularly with pics like those.
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » February 21st 2013, 1:43pm

Say what you will about Android, most of them are a definite notch above that "Akula". And cut-away straps are the pits.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » February 21st 2013, 6:09pm

It was borrowed. I did a battery change on it. It actually doesn't look that bad to the naked eye. Movement is marked Swiss but the case is horrid. It amazes me that I once bought this brand, I feel bad for the guy that doesn't know anything about watches and ends up a WG. Maybe I have gotten softer, I feel if half knew the truth they would be like lemmings jumping.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
elau
Watchlord WIS

Post by elau » February 21st 2013, 6:48pm

smellody wrote:Had the stainless version. Only one of two that I lost money on. Supposedly 52mm, but wore more like a 53.2mm. Looked like a 54.4mm.

Yeah, I can see the crown digs into your wrist already. That's enough for me to throw the watch against a brick wall!!
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » February 21st 2013, 8:20pm

Size, brand, and quality issues aside, I never understood how anyone can look at an Akula, Bolt, or Arsenal, and consider it anything but ridiculous.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » February 22nd 2013, 2:46am

Luftwafflles wrote:I never understood how anyone can look at an Akula, Bolt, or Arsenal, and consider it anything but ridiculous.

Same is said about that other brand.

"I’m picturing a guy in a helmet, trying to lick windows until the mailman stops by with a package. He takes the helmet off to admire his Invicta" - svaglic

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » February 22nd 2013, 7:43am

codguy wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:I never understood how anyone can look at an Akula, Bolt, or Arsenal, and consider it anything but ridiculous.

Same is said about that other brand.
By some, Codguy, by some. Not nearly as many, or as often.

Bluesbro
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Bluesbro » February 22nd 2013, 8:02am

It looks like that watch was kicked along the sidewalk for a block or two. While I disagree with most here on the over sized watches, I have NEVER seen the appeal of the Akula or Bolt of any version (one cable, two cable, suspension bridge). I personally prefer a 40-45mm range, but I own some 50's and I like them. But it should always be what you like personally, and the Akula is one of the ugliest watch designs I have ever seen. I have never understood the appeal.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 22nd 2013, 8:41am

Bluesbro wrote:It looks like that watch was kicked along the sidewalk for a block or two. While I disagree with most here on the over sized watches, I have NEVER seen the appeal of the Akula or Bolt of any version (one cable, two cable, suspension bridge). I personally prefer a 40-45mm range, but I own some 50's and I like them. But it should always be what you like personally, and the Akula is one of the ugliest watch designs I have ever seen. I have never understood the appeal.

The Akula has always been my #1 IWG watch to make fun of, partiucarly after that classic photo of that horde of t-shirt-and-flip-flop sporting cro-magnons holding theirs up with pride at one of the big summer Intergalactic Worldwide Grand Imperial WGGT Ultra-Extravaganzas at some Long Island fits sammich roadside stand some time ago, which featured guest appearances by various TV shysters.
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » February 22nd 2013, 8:52am

Bluesbro wrote:It looks like that watch was kicked along the sidewalk for a block or two. While I disagree with most here on the over sized watches, I have NEVER seen the appeal of the Akula or Bolt of any version (one cable, two cable, suspension bridge). I personally prefer a 40-45mm range, but I own some 50's and I like them. But it should always be what you like personally, and the Akula is one of the ugliest watch designs I have ever seen. I have never understood the appeal.
True. But to me, the Bolt Zeus reigns at the top of the dung heap. Huge crown and pushers, cable around the bezel, cable along the sides of the case, and in strap versions, cable across the upper strap. A travesty of design. And incredibly, it is touted as Invicta's supreme achievement.

Bluesbro
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Bluesbro » February 22nd 2013, 10:53am

Luftwafflles wrote:
True. But to me, the Bolt Zeus reigns at the top of the dung heap. Huge crown and pushers, cable around the bezel, cable along the sides of the case, and in strap versions, cable across the upper strap. A travesty of design. And incredibly, it is touted as Invicta's supreme achievement.

The Zeus is the suspension bridge I was referencing. I like the look of the Zeus more than the Akula, but neither are for me. The Akula is flat out Fugly though.
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Luftwafflles » February 22nd 2013, 10:58am

In the end, it's like debating which turd has better corn in it.

Return to “General Watch talk”