What do snobs and haters really wear?

iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: What do snobs and haters really wear?

Post by iwasbanned » November 18th 2019, 4:16pm

bbattle wrote:
November 18th 2019, 3:55pm
My opinion is that snobs are those that prefer the extreme ends of the curve. It's either "only the best will do" or "I am proud to be cheap". And they wear that attitude like a badge of honor. And try to shove it in your face. And belittle your opinion on the matter as being boneheaded.
:bvbvbv:

Agreed 100%. My collection ranges from lowly Audemar Piguet Stainless steel up to Fancy Smancy Solid rose gold Day Date and everything in between. No snob here!
jlicquia
Facebook ID: 0

Post by jlicquia » October 15th 2020, 9:26am

When I’m feeling snobbish, I wear a submariner, Speedmaster or a vintage Longines. Ninety percent of the rest of the time I wear one of several Orients, Citizens or a favorite Invicta diver that I like. Fail to understand the ill feeling toward Invicta. I have two with automatic movements and they are accurate, well made and comfortable. I know, QVC watches, cruise ship junk, etc. . I have seen the big displays of garrish yellow box Invictas on cruise ships and they are a turnoff.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 15th 2020, 9:30am

jlicquia wrote:
October 15th 2020, 9:26am
When I’m feeling snobbish, I wear a submariner, Speedmaster or a vintage Longines. Ninety percent of the rest of the time I wear one of several Orients, Citizens or a favorite Invicta diver that I like. Fail to understand the ill feeling toward Invicta. I have two with automatic movements and they are accurate, well made and comfortable. I know, QVC watches, cruise ship junk, etc. . I have seen the big displays of garrish yellow box Invictas on cruise ships and they are a turnoff.
The contempt for invicta is related to the lies told by the owners and his minions on shitHQ as well as the previous shills who are all gone now. Many members here own invicta and other watches sold on shopping channels.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “General Watch talk”