Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by Guest » March 9th 2011, 5:37am

Seattle wrote:Is it a surprise that the all of the most blatant copies are from the SNBC brands??? Image

Man, you said it! It dawned on me some time ago that it's usually the lame, half ass, tv brands that are the ones putting out the most glaring rip-offs, and with great fervor and grinning all the while. ("Wow! you guys really knocked it outta the park on this one, guys") It's just plain as day to see what they are doing. They have no originality and actually have the balls to, in many instances, claim their blatant rip off was their own creation, or they'll simply conveniently forget to mention who "inspired" them. That irritates me. Have some nuts and blaze a new trail for cryin' out loud. Jeez Louise, I lost count of the Slop brands' rip offs a very long time ago.

"In all candor, I gotta say I'm a significant fan of this case design, guys. It has such a REGAL look to it."

I can't remember the name now, but a few weeks ago I saw a new Invicta model that was obviously trying very hard to be a Romain Jerome, cuz I remember it having that very distinct and noticeable "X" shape on the bezel area. Only a RJ looks like that.
I'll try n post pic if I remember the model.
Mark

Post by Mark » March 14th 2011, 1:41am

Ah my favorite Homage! Evan Charla (DX loves her) said last night if you can;t afford the Clerc, for the Scubador. Lior stammered a bit and tried to move on but he did say (paraphrase), It may have hints to a Clerc but I don't know.

CLERC

Swiss Legend
Mark

Post by Mark » March 21st 2011, 12:54am

robert516 wrote:Wow and all this time I thought Wing was some kind of design savant (even though his watches left me cold). He just trolls the back catalog for inspiration like all the others. He's also morphed into quite the arrogant barker on his shows. JS must be quite proud.

Wing's designs suck and when he does make a watch that looks ok, he adds gaudy ass dial colors to it and engraves an email address on the case back. CHEESEY shit!

Post by Guest » April 15th 2011, 8:33pm

Slowpo wrote:Oris is one of my favorite brands and this shit piss me off.

I concur 110% with your Oris statement. I was PISSED too when i saw InJipta air this bald faced rip-off a couple nights ago. I mean WTF?!!!! It looks just like the Oris!!!

Mongo Kid was presenting it with the British bloke Daniel Green, and Turdling didn't even give the obligatory "this is a homage" or "we took cues from another classic design" explanation.

Such slumlords, all of em, who bite other companies' designs and don't give props.

But as someone noted earlier, the average Joe who watches ShopNBC's watch shows has scant idea that they are viewing blatant rip offs. That's why they're so gullible: most don't know there is a superior watch out there that preceded the POS on the screen.

And Daniel Green just smiles and agrees with everything that Turdling says!
C'mon Daniel, educate yourself and stop letting Turdling cut you off so he can mention his recent trip to Basel over and over again.

Off topic here, but if I hear one more time from Turdling about Invicta and Rolex being the only ones in the entire watch industry using Gibeon meteorite, I'm gonna earl.

"Awhhuh-bwuh, uwhh, bwuuhh.." (that's the mealy mouthed incoherence Turdling does before actual words come out).

i have no fucking idea

Post by Guest » May 13th 2011, 7:16am

crazyfingers wrote:Here is one I find interesting - why would someone want to buy a copy of an already affordable watch? Image
that is a great question thats like a $40 watch

Post by Guest » June 10th 2011, 9:10pm

OTMF wrote:

• TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M
  • Invicta Ocean Speedway

Credit for Photo of Invicta Ocean Speedway goes to the website of ShopNBC

Lets not forget the Citizen Signature Perpetual Calendar Watch...as even Mr. Ariel Adams says in ABlogtoread.com..... " The 43mm wide steel case is attractive, but has some unique decorative elements to it - and let's just get it out of the way now - yes, the rotating diver's style bezel is taken from Tag Heuer's Aquaracer 500M collection."

Orange monstacity

Post by Guest » June 19th 2011, 5:26pm

crazyfingers wrote:Here is one I find interesting - why would someone want to buy a copy of an already affordable watch? Image

That was the 1st watch I ever bought from ShopNBC in 2002...long before I even knew it was an "Homage". You are spot on w/ your observation.
ocean
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by ocean » June 19th 2011, 6:01pm

Freesprung wrote:
Slowpo wrote:Oris is one of my favorite brands and this shit piss me off.

I concur 110% with your Oris statement. I was PISSED too when i saw InJipta air this bald faced rip-off a couple nights ago. I mean WTF?!!!! It looks just like the Oris!!!

Mongo Kid was presenting it with the British bloke Daniel Green, and Turdling didn't even give the obligatory "this is a homage" or "we took cues from another classic design" explanation.

Such slumlords, all of em, who bite other companies' designs and don't give props.

But as someone noted earlier, the average Joe who watches ShopNBC's watch shows has scant idea that they are viewing blatant rip offs. That's why they're so gullible: most don't know there is a superior watch out there that preceded the POS on the screen.

And Daniel Green just smiles and agrees with everything that Turdling says!
C'mon Daniel, educate yourself and stop letting Turdling cut you off so he can mention his recent trip to Basel over and over again.

Off topic here, but if I hear one more time from Turdling about Invicta and Rolex being the only ones in the entire watch industry using Gibeon meteorite, I'm gonna earl.

"Awhhuh-bwuh, uwhh, bwuuhh.." (that's the mealy mouthed incoherence Turdling does before actual words come out).

+1 I love the Oris I bought last weekend
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason

Photo

Post by Guest » June 22nd 2011, 8:38am

iwasbanned wrote:Wow, that watch is pretty sweet. The SL really looks cheap next to it, though its definitely a ripoff.

I think the SL looks alot cheaper might just be the photo itself. But I have and I'm sure you have seen a photo and when u see in person doen's look like the same watch, good or bad. I don't this for sure since I have seen niether one of them in person and probably won't.
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by iwasbanned » June 22nd 2011, 9:28am

chitown wrote:
iwasbanned wrote:Wow, that watch is pretty sweet. The SL really looks cheap next to it, though its definitely a ripoff.

I think the SL looks alot cheaper might just be the photo itself. But I have and I'm sure you have seen a photo and when u see in person doen's look like the same watch, good or bad. I don't this for sure since I have seen niether one of them in person and probably won't.

Bichondady is that you? So what your saying is, I could be wrong or I could be right? Thanks.

Just breaking your balls. I stand by my statement and I believe it has merits. You agree that it does look cheaper, isn't that what I said, whether its the photo or not? Besides, I have owned Clerc and SL watches, no comparison in quality, I would not expect it to be different in this case.

Return to “General Watch talk”