Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

mrneddles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by mrneddles » October 8th 2010, 12:40pm

Falstaff wrote:Larry Magen of Stuhrling actually prefers the word "inspiration" in regard to Stuhrling pieces. They are "inspired" by the look of various high end watches.

I will remember that if I'm ever in front of a judge for theft of intellectual property.

"Your Honor, I wasn't stealing someone else's hard design work. I was inspired by them!"

As said before, fuck Larry.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by Horse Feathers » November 24th 2010, 7:24pm

This one is classic, Stuhrling directly copies Bovet and on the ShopNBC site has the audacity to state

"As an homage to the famous fable of The Emperor and the Nightingale in which the beautiful voice of a singing bird nurses an Emperor's failing heart back to health transforming him from a self-centered, cold-hearted ruler into an altruistic, caring man loved by his entire realm, Stuhrling Original created this open-heart design watch and called it, The Emperor "

I guess the truth isnt poetic enough i.e, , we sent a copy of Watchtime to a guy in Hong Kong and he gave us a quote for knock offs at $50 each in quantity of 1000 with a one time tooling cost of $20K

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=V90094&rap=2820&WT.mc_id=ciGB&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=V90094

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™

Return to “General Watch talk”