Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post Reply
User avatar
Tzimisces

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by Tzimisces » November 30th 2014, 5:54pm

abduksion wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:Leave it to Sturhling to knock off a $150 watch. That's just sad.


Is that Orient a copy of something? Or an original design by them?

Possibly, but I doubt it. It looks like a retro-future design reject. The Orient is from their "sporty automatics" line, and is among their least expensive outside of the venerable 3 stars.
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by abduksion » November 30th 2014, 6:25pm

foghorn wrote:It's a copy of the Stuhrling, who then copied it back.

:lol:
Tzimisces wrote:
abduksion wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:Leave it to Sturhling to knock off a $150 watch. That's just sad.


Is that Orient a copy of something? Or an original design by them?

Possibly, but I doubt it. It looks like a retro-future design reject. The Orient is from their "sporty automatics" line, and is among their least expensive outside of the venerable 3 stars.


Could be but it does look like something I've seen another Swiss Company do?
User avatar
Tzimisces

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by Tzimisces » November 30th 2014, 8:26pm

Well, could be. Orient has certainly lifted a few, as the good Mr. Recliner demonstrated, as did I a few posts ago.
Still, Orient over the years has many original and sometimes funky designs. The "retro-future" line has some interesting pieces, for example. Sturhling just sucks. Like invicter et al, they are "both good and original, but the part that is original is not good, and the part that is good is not original."

(Apologies to S. Johnson)
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by abduksion » November 30th 2014, 9:39pm

Tzimisces wrote:Well, could be. Orient has certainly lifted a few, as the good Mr. Recliner demonstrated, as did I a few posts ago.
Still, Orient over the years has many original and sometimes funky designs. The "retro-future" line has some interesting pieces, for example. Sturhling just sucks. Like invicter et al, they are "both good and original, but the part that is original is not good, and the part that is good is not original."

(Apologies to S. Johnson)


Funny as this may sound I've only seen one Sturhling in person it was at a Marshall's years ago when they were selling watches took one look at it held it and thought what a POS. It was one of their Chinese skeleton watches.
User avatar
biglove
Troll
Posts: 15071
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by biglove » November 30th 2014, 10:54pm

abduksion wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:Well, could be. Orient has certainly lifted a few, as the good Mr. Recliner demonstrated, as did I a few posts ago.
Still, Orient over the years has many original and sometimes funky designs. The "retro-future" line has some interesting pieces, for example. Sturhling just sucks. Like invicter et al, they are "both good and original, but the part that is original is not good, and the part that is good is not original."

(Apologies to S. Johnson)


Funny as this may sound I've only seen one Sturhling in person it was at a Marshall's years ago when they were selling watches took one look at it held it and thought what a POS. It was one of their Chinese skeleton watches.


I bought one...

They are as big a POS as any watch you will get in a 25 cent bubble gum machine. Worst bezel I have yet encountered. Even the NATO on it felt cheap. The box was worth more than the watch and was made with far greater care. Sold it in a big hurry after wearing it for less than 24 hours total. A real loser!

Of note, Kadloo and Stuhrling Original are made by the same company. Kadloo is a helluva' step up from Stuhrling but not worth what they are asking for them...not by far. Sold my Kadloo, too. Kadloo kept great time though.

http://www.kadloo-online.de/
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, Loser like me
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by abduksion » December 1st 2014, 12:06am

biglove wrote:
abduksion wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:Well, could be. Orient has certainly lifted a few, as the good Mr. Recliner demonstrated, as did I a few posts ago.
Still, Orient over the years has many original and sometimes funky designs. The "retro-future" line has some interesting pieces, for example. Sturhling just sucks. Like invicter et al, they are "both good and original, but the part that is original is not good, and the part that is good is not original."

(Apologies to S. Johnson)


Funny as this may sound I've only seen one Sturhling in person it was at a Marshall's years ago when they were selling watches took one look at it held it and thought what a POS. It was one of their Chinese skeleton watches.


I bought one...

They are as big a POS as any watch you will get in a 25 cent bubble gum machine. Worst bezel I have yet encountered. Even the NATO on it felt cheap. The box was worth more than the watch and was made with far greater care. Sold it in a big hurry after wearing it for less than 24 hours total. A real loser!

Of note, Kadloo and Stuhrling Original are made by the same company. Kadloo is a helluva' step up from Stuhrling but not worth what they are asking for them...not by far. Sold my Kadloo, too. Kadloo kept great time though.

http://www.kadloo-online.de/



Never heard of kadloo? I believe Arkbos is also a part of the same company or they own Sturhling or vise versa?
TemerityB
Troll
Posts: 17978
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by TemerityB » December 1st 2014, 11:30am

All you fucking haters! First off, Akribos and Stuhrling are indeed the same company with the same address - my good friend from the TV box told me so. So I listened to the right voices and made the right cherces.

On top of that - what design theft? I look at lotsa SO models in my local bodegas and TJ Maxx stores, and I don't notice any design elements they pick up from others. When they say Stuhrling Original, they mean it, by gum! Frankly, I think the other brands cop from SO...

Like Breitling...
Image

and Hublot...
Image

...even Rolex isn't immune...
Image

...Skywatch should be ashamed...
Image

...and Rolex, twice? Really? Not only are they expensive, they do things like this!
Image

You guys are justa buncha frog-hoppin' haters. You're just jealous because I can buy 1,300 SOs for the price of one Omega. Fuckers!
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
TemerityB
Troll
Posts: 17978
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by TemerityB » March 13th 2015, 2:13pm

Even wimmen's wartches ain't immune: Debuting today from Invicter: Yet another original design:
Image

Hmm...I knew I had seen that before, sorta kinda...
Image

Yeah, I wrote a letter. Maybe I can pull pull an SO on Zimbabalooba.
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
TemerityB
Troll
Posts: 17978
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by TemerityB » July 3rd 2015, 4:42pm

I knew I'd seen this before - I saw the actual Victorinox out in the wild today and thought "did I see that before"? Well, sorta kinda, and from an always-expected source...
Image
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
User avatar
biglove
Troll
Posts: 15071
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by biglove » August 12th 2015, 4:26pm

There's homage and then there is that kind of Invicta shit.

Damn!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, Loser like me
TemerityB
Troll
Posts: 17978
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by TemerityB » August 12th 2015, 8:52pm

biglove wrote:There's homage and then there is that kind of Invicta shit.

Damn!


One of the most blatant design thefts in the history of TV garbage.
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
Post Reply

Return to “General Watch talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests