Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Insane Klone Posse - Post Lookalikes here

Post by Horse Feathers » February 26th 2013, 6:45pm

conjurer wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
mrneddles wrote:Stuhrling, you really are shameless.

I believe I read somewhere that there was a lawsuit over this one ... a Stuhrling rip off for sure.

Please cite your sources before making such defamitory remarks, bluesbro.

Conjurer, he's new and needs to get caught up

As for SO, never trust a man with a bouffant hairdo selling crappy watches on a TV Shopping show.

Note: SO and bouffant hairdo were thrown in for extra credit, feel free to remove both and the statement is still true

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 26th 2013, 7:40pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
mrneddles wrote:Stuhrling, you really are shameless.

I believe I read somewhere that there was a lawsuit over this one ... a Stuhrling rip off for sure.

Please cite your sources before making such defamitory remarks, bluesbro.

Conjurer, he's new and needs to get caught up

As for SO, never trust a man with a bouffant hairdo selling crappy watches on a TV Shopping show.

Note: SO and bouffant hairdo were thrown in for extra credit, feel free to remove both and the statement is still true

Aww, Larry. You won't be seeing him no more.

MilMascaras

Post by MilMascaras » April 11th 2013, 12:22pm

Prague Men's Trinity, because Tourbillon's are kool.
$37 at overstockcom in 2006, marked down from $159 ;)
I always thought it would look like a Franck Muller Revolution if I put a genuine imitation embossed strap on it.
7 Years later in my desk drawer, it still runs…

Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » September 19th 2013, 6:55pm

^ Odd, they were just introduced and already on clearance, I wonder if they have been warned

http://www.shophq.com/Invicta_Men_s_Pro ... nvicta|483

- JR of Reclinervision ™
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 19th 2013, 8:07pm

Horse and racer: Good God! I mean, those things are such blatant design ripoffs...I defer to my SO comment that I'm using as my sig. Who would want to be asked if their watch was a Breitling only to have to answer that it's an el cheapo Inivcta? I'd rather be seen with a $15 Casio.

Those last couple of examples you gents provide are so blatant that I'm still shocked by them.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » September 20th 2013, 1:53pm

ocean wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:Why is Invicta now putting exhibition backs on Quartz movements?

Wow thought you were joking till I clicked on HF's link. WTF?

Considering they usually use an exhibition back to showcase the deliberately non functional propeller attached to cheap quartz movement I assume they are attempting to showcase the use of a movement that cost more then $30 or so (Ronda Z60)

It's also a clever distraction game. The more WG's look at the back of the watch the less they will look at the front (missing hands, markers, screws, crown,etc)

- JR of Reclinervision ™
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 20th 2013, 1:59pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
ocean wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:Why is Invicta now putting exhibition backs on Quartz movements?

Considering they usually use an exhibition back to showcase the deliberately non functional propeller attached to cheap quartz movement I assume they are attempting to showcase the use of a movement that cost more then $30 or so (Ronda Z60)

It's also a clever distraction game. The more WG's look at the back of the watch the less they will look at the front (missing hands, markers, screws, crown,etc)

horse, that last line is pure sig bait.
DIAMANTE
Watchlord WIS

Post by DIAMANTE » October 12th 2013, 10:25am

JAS1125 wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:They are showcasing their latest unique design at Basel 2013

Invicta has really mastered the art of ripping off a design without actually copying it. In this example the only thing similiar is the slant of the numbers (they are not the same font) and the shape of the hour and minute hand.

D
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » October 12th 2013, 11:43am

During one of Laylo's never ending marathons, he boasted that he has 30 designers at work, creating the latest cutting edge designs. Swore his nose grew longer telling that whopper.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
ChronoMATT
Master of Time

Post by ChronoMATT » October 12th 2013, 9:20pm

It's so that the last guy in quality-control can easily check to make sure the first guy within the assembly garage remembered to put a battery in the damn thing.

3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 14th 2013, 4:04pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
ocean wrote:

They probably bought thousands of surplus cases with exhibition case backs and to lower production costs further, used quartz movements.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » October 14th 2013, 4:11pm

3Flushes wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:
ocean wrote:

They probably bought thousands of surplus cases with exhibition case backs and to lower production costs further, used quartz movements.

If that's the case they should place one of these under the case back to offer some value

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » October 27th 2013, 5:45pm

I really like that one, Horsey! However, my guess, FWIW, is that Larry "Slick-Cheeks" Turdling was getting REALLY sick of people asking him when Invicta was gonna make that stupid-looking metallic blue impellor actually spin, so they took a page from Android and started putting exhibitionist crystals on the back of quartz warches...on anything they could, just so they don't have to answer that question again...it's all in the recently-published tome,"Tactical Cool versus Practical Cool" by Larry "Semen Seat" Turdling; chapter six: "Yeah, I KNOW it'd be cool if it spun, but it doesn't, so fuck off."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 27th 2013, 8:25pm

Mortuus wrote:I really like that one, Horsey! However, my guess, FWIW, is that Larry "Slick-Cheeks" Turdling was getting REALLY sick of people asking him when Invicta was gonna make that stupid-looking metallic blue impellor actually spin, so they took a page from Android and started putting exhibitionist crystals on the back of quartz warches...on anything they could, just so they don't have to answer that question again...it's all in the recently-published tome,"Tactical Cool versus Practical Cool" by Larry "Semen Seat" Turdling; chapter six: "Yeah, I KNOW it'd be cool if it spun, but it doesn't, so fuck off."

Is Larry Turdling that guy on TV ... you know, like Michael Magen?

Jus' teasin'.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » October 27th 2013, 9:04pm

Hey, TB, don't pick on old Michael Magen...he cain't help being schizophrenic; it's all that listening to the right voices and hoping for the best choices, not to mention the Ritalin (c), Paxil (c) and, everyone's favorite, Xanax (c)!!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » October 27th 2013, 9:41pm

TemerityB wrote:
Mortuus wrote:I really like that one, Horsey! However, my guess, FWIW, is that Larry "Slick-Cheeks" Turdling was getting REALLY sick of people asking him when Invicta was gonna make that stupid-looking metallic blue impellor actually spin, so they took a page from Android and started putting exhibitionist crystals on the back of quartz warches...on anything they could, just so they don't have to answer that question again...it's all in the recently-published tome,"Tactical Cool versus Practical Cool" by Larry "Semen Seat" Turdling; chapter six: "Yeah, I KNOW it'd be cool if it spun, but it doesn't, so fuck off."

Jus' teasin'.

I was going to say something myself, T, but it ain't fair to break the balls of the elderly.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » October 27th 2013, 11:04pm

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

Jus' teasin'.

I was going to say something myself, T, but it ain't fair to break the balls of the elderly.

He's just excited, counting down the hours to

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » October 28th 2013, 12:54am

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

Jus' teasin'.

:lol:

Return to “General Watch talk”