The Wheel Turns

robatsu (Online)
Master of Time

The Wheel Turns

Post by robatsu » November 17th 2022, 2:01pm

Earlier this year walking through a grocery store parking lot here in Eugene, Or., I crossed paths with a young man on a Royal Enfield

He was a recent Chinese graduate of UO here and pleasantly charismatic.

So we chatted about the bike and a few other things, which included my watch. SARB001, he asked about it and I explained why it was actually a kinda coolio grail watch

After this he remArked, “I asked about it because I saw ir was a seiko so it had to be a cool watch”

And he was clearly a sharp young stylish dude Royal Enfield and all

It was a moment
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Re: The Wheel Turns

Post by Nuvolari » November 18th 2022, 2:38pm

What a cool exchange - with a likeminded appreciation for cool mechanical things! And the last time I saw a Royal Enfield it was parked in between a Triumph Bonneville and a BSA 250 single… at a show.

It’s awesome that the guy was putting wear in the saddle!
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » November 18th 2022, 3:25pm

My old Royal Enfield. It was a 2004, they haven’t changed the design since they started making them. Top speed was said to be like 87mph, I had it up to 89 going downhill. I liked the looks, but I need something more maintenance free. This thing nickel and dimed me to death, let alone I’m the type of person who doesn’t do maintenance.
Hawaii has a lot of customs, Harleys and Indians that look down on other brands. I never had a problem with this though, I would go in somewhere and come out to old time bikers standing around it. Most didn’t know they were still made.
8459C31D-5E01-434B-9F72-113773304D96.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » November 18th 2022, 4:43pm

svaglic wrote:
November 18th 2022, 3:25pm
My old Royal Enfield. It was a 2004, they haven’t changed the design since they started making them. Top speed was said to be like 87mph, I had it up to 89 going downhill. I liked the looks, but I need something more maintenance free. This thing nickel and dimed me to death, let alone I’m the type of person who doesn’t do maintenance.
Hawaii has a lot of customs, Harleys and Indians that look down on other brands. I never had a problem with this though, I would go in somewhere and come out to old time bikers standing around it. Most didn’t know they were still made.
8459C31D-5E01-434B-9F72-113773304D96.jpeg
Super cool. I wished you lived closer. You could ride in my Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club.

Return to “General Watch talk”