WARNING: What your about to read will shock you.

abduksion

WARNING: What your about to read will shock you.

Post by abduksion » August 2nd 2015, 2:06pm

Read more: http://watchintyme.com/thread/21318/mon ... z3hh4uLiLt

Someone actually wrote this.

Between the options you gave above, I went with Android. I chose Android, because they offer splendid looking Tourbillon watches, I appreciate Wing's creative genius in his designs, and he offers my favorite watch period (Divemaster Enforcers). Deep Blue came in second, but it was close, because of the overall high quality of Deep Blue timepieces. It was a hard one to make a decision on that's for sure.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: WARNING: What your about to read will shock you.

Post by conjurer » August 2nd 2015, 9:55pm

A very telling poll over there. To WIT:

What would you rather have?

A) Crabs

B) Jaundice

C) That VD that makes your dick drip

D) A handjob from Hope Solo

Naturally, most of us would opt for choice D, assuming that Hope Solo didn't kick our fucking asses after the money shot. But not the WIT-less. It's a black and white world there; you can have a lot of TeeVee wartches or one fine tymepeace. Brands like Timex, Seiko, Orient, Casio, don't register with them, because these brands are not on TeeVee--they have no frame of reference unless Tim Temple tells them what to buy.

Instead of looking around, reading, researching, and then finding a modestly-priced watch that will serve them for years, tell them time accurately, and perhaps even make their dicks hard once in a while, it's either twenty Nvicters or one Patek. They simply can't grasp the idea that one can buy a perfectly good, cool, interesting watch for the price of, say, a Hurling Original.

The man in the TeeVee tells them what to buy, and they buy it. They're a bunch of fucking morons. Let them eat dirt.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » August 2nd 2015, 10:24pm

conjurer wrote: Let them eat dirt.

Yep. I've no quarrel with those who weren't given born with a sense of taste; somebody's gotta buy all those Family Dollar ponchos, fine. But you're so right about that TV bubble - which makes them, basically, the opposite of wristwatch fans. They're TV fans, and like those who fall for the schemes of regligous hucksters and informercial gadgets, they're hypnotized by that electronic eye. Watches? Who knows anything about watches? Dim Demple, Dan'l Green, and Justin "Eyal's Anus" Zimmer don't, either - but since they're on the shining light box in the corner of the trailer, they know all. You know, just like Kevin Trudeau did. And Bishop Sheen. And Benny Hinn. And Jim Crockett. And Dan Enright. And Eric Kotch. And Peter Popoff. And Jimmy Swaggart. And ...
Last edited by TemerityB on August 2nd 2015, 10:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 2nd 2015, 10:24pm

Conj...that synopsis reflects a rare and unique intellect, a form of genius that is far too often unsung...also, it gave me a throbbing, empurpled bonaire...oui-oui! Non! Ah have uh redging bonaire!!

conjurer wrote:A very telling poll over there. To WIT:

What would you rather have?

A) Crabs

B) Jaundice

C) That VD that makes your dick drip

D) A handjob from Hope Solo

Naturally, most of us would opt for choice D, assuming that Hope Solo didn't kick our fucking asses after the money shot. But not the WIT-less. It's a black and white world there; you can have a lot of TeeVee wartches or one fine tymepeace. Brands like Timex, Seiko, Orient, Casio, don't register with them, because these brands are not on TeeVee--they have no frame of reference unless Tim Temple tells them what to buy.

Instead of looking around, reading, researching, and then finding a modestly-priced watch that will serve them for years, tell them time accurately, and perhaps even make their dicks hard once in a while, it's either twenty Nvicters or one Patek. They simply can't grasp the idea that one can buy a perfectly good, cool, interesting watch for the price of, say, a Hurling Original.

The man in the TeeVee tells them what to buy, and they buy it. They're a bunch of fucking morons. Let them eat dirt.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 2nd 2015, 10:35pm

Every visit to the WIT hellhole lowers my IQ by a few points.

Those guys are as troublesome and willfully ignorant as any lot of folks I have ever encountered.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » August 3rd 2015, 9:34am

Actually, one should be pleasantly surprised at those poll results, in that (1) one expensive watch garnered the most, and (2) Invicter was the least chosen. At WG that would have been reversed.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » August 3rd 2015, 10:20am

The witless group still believes in quantity over quality for the most part. Their depth of thought is paper thin.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
studmuffin

Post by studmuffin » August 13th 2015, 12:15pm

Okay, what I'm going to write is going to amount to heresy here, but it's got to be said. :D
Someone should prevail on Eyal to restart WatchGeeks (Running Ducking Hiding). The former members (and I was one for a time) are starting to spread out to other watch forums and the BS posts are starting to get under my skin. I'm starting to see a steady diet of "I just bought the new 65mm Gargantuan, and it's a beauty," or "I read about Invicta criticism on some sites and I just don't get it." I realize that many here would just crush their dreams and be done with it, but some sites exercise a bit more gentility. :lol: Now before, most of those firmly in the Invicta camp, or new to that world, were kept in their own watch ghetto. Occasionally some would venture out into the real world, or get banned. Some would get their eyes opened, or they would go back to their own swimming pool and to an unending regurgitation of "smokin' watch, I like that." Real thought was neither encouraged, or permitted, and dissent was dealt with harshly.

I just hate to see other forums become mini WG (WG Lite?). One moderator even suggested a new member go elsewhere if he was unhappy with the criticism of his new uber watch company. I realize that you can't put the genie back in the bottle, but I just had to rant for a moment. Besides the thread title said what you're about to read will shock you.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 13th 2015, 1:17pm

studmuffin wrote:Okay, what I'm going to write is going to amount to heresy here, but it's got to be said. :D
Someone should prevail on Eyal to restart WatchGeeks (Running Ducking Hiding). The former members (and I was one for a time) are starting to spread out to other watch forums and the BS posts are starting to get under my skin. I'm starting to see a steady diet of "I just bought the new 65mm Gargantuan, and it's a beauty," or "I read about Invicta criticism on some sites and I just don't get it." I realize that many here would just crush their dreams and be done with it, but some sites exercise a bit more gentility. :lol: Now before, most of those firmly in the Invicta camp, or new to that world, were kept in their own watch ghetto. Occasionally some would venture out into the real world, or get banned. Some would get their eyes opened, or they would go back to their own swimming pool and to an unending regurgitation of "smokin' watch, I like that." Real thought was neither encouraged, or permitted, and dissent was dealt with harshly.

I just hate to see other forums become mini WG (WG Lite?). One moderator even suggested a new member go elsewhere if he was unhappy with the criticism of his new uber watch company. I realize that you can't put the genie back in the bottle, but I just had to rant for a moment. Besides the thread title said what you're about to read will shock you.

The lalo cannot control what is said on a forum as easily as he can at FB. One of the reasons the place was taken down was the investigation into CS at his company. Threads if they still existed could be read, his database of members could be contacted by the Florida DOJ and he would be toast. Did he do it alone (kill WGs), doubtful IMHO. I have an idea how it was done but will keep that to myself.

WGs never had real collectors, it had hoarders, lemmings and a small number of people who wanted to learn about the hobby and share knowledge. Most of them were banned or bullied by thugs and keyboard commandos. A lot are now at WIT which is shaping up to be WG lite. A lot landed at WUS and WF where IMHO they are driving other members crazy.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » August 13th 2015, 2:58pm

studmuffin wrote: The former members are starting to spread out to other watch forums and the BS posts are starting to get under my skin. I'm starting to see a steady diet of "I just bought the new 65mm Gargantuan, and it's a beauty," or "I read about Invicta criticism on some sites and I just don't get it."

Sucks to be those other wartch forums ............ most are lame and deserve what they get.

Ha

#LETSGOBRANDON

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 13th 2015, 3:15pm

Of course they could all join Wicked water cooler, another dead forum where some of the members had a hard on for this forum including one of the trolls going by the name jocke1, and then there was tmk, sushi and a couple of others. Three of them were WG related people.

1946-2006

studmuffin

Post by studmuffin » August 14th 2015, 6:42am

[koimaster] WGs never had real collectors, it had hoarders, lemmings and a small number of people who wanted to learn about the hobby and share knowledge. Most of them were banned or bullied by thugs and keyboard commandos. A lot are now at WIT which is shaping up to be WG lite. A lot landed at WUS and WF where IMHO they are driving other members crazy.[/quote]

It's that frustration I have, and sense in others. And there are still some enforcers out there who leap to the defense of the company at any hint of criticism. Oh well, some viruses are harder to eradicate than others.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » August 14th 2015, 2:49pm

studmuffin wrote:Okay, what I'm going to write is going to amount to heresy here, but it's got to be said. :D

I've noticed this too. Some forums are becoming messed up - a few of the tick turds will even complain if you slag Invicta.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » October 12th 2021, 2:41pm

Since the thread is no longer available at wit through the link I thought I would use that link at wayback and voila! For you viewing pleasure I give 20 invictas or what
What would you rather have 20 invictas... .pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

Return to “General Watch talk”