Watchlords - Registration
Welcome to Watchlords.
Enjoy yourself at this forum. It is self-moderated and designed to be a forum for open discussions between adults.
1. We members at WatchLords pride ourselves as one of the few, if not the only free speaking watch forum society. With that freedom comes responsibility, common sense and discretion. Having said that, the Adminstration Team has the right to modify and/or delete any and all posts on this forum. A response with be sent to the original poster for reason of modification or deletion. Derogatory comments which I will not post are frowned upon. Common sense does not mean you cannot speak as adults, it means consider the other person. Some are not as shock proof as old timers.
2. Think before you post. I say this not because I want to moderate, I do not. I say this because if you libel someone, it is your issue, not the forums. A sticky outlining what is and is not Libel is posted in the General Discussions forum.
3. No religon or politics are allowed in the general watch forums. We have a forum for those topics and they are accessed by a member who requests permission to join that forum.
4. Disclosure of private information in public will get you banned in seconds without a second chance.
5. Comments that are insulting in nature to members or the families of a subject of discussions are not allowed. They are not responsible for behavior of others. Try to think how you would feel if someone insulted your wife or children.
6. Personal attacks are frowned on. If you have issues with another member take it to PM or use the friend/ foe feature in your profile. You can and will be suspended or banned for personal attacks
7. New members should post an introduction post on the forum as it is common courtesy to others on the forum who would like to know who you are and what your interests might be.
7. Attacks on family members of any sort is a banning offense here. Even if a person is a public figure, their family is OFF LIMITS. No exceptions.
8. This forum is sponsor free but supported by members here. You are free to discuss any watch openly without fear of banning but if you plan on praising the virtues of cheap watches with reduced MSRPs, be ready to be questioned vigorously about it.
9. Racism is not allowed on this forum. Do not like the politics of someone, take it to the political forum and deal with it there. Do not like the skin color or race of another member, either deal with it and suck it up or leave and do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
10. Charity Auctions put on by the members of this forum means charities and non-profits such as St. Jude's, Shriners or any others which members may deem appropriate.
11. Do not tell us you are some kind of war hero or you survived 9/11 unless you can prove it. Do not tell people you went to Annapolis when in fact you never did. And do not brag about being a Naval Aviator when in fact you were not.
12. The official position of this forum on religion, color, gender, race or political leanings is neutral. All are welcome here and members are treated equally.
13. Do not try to spam or sell replica watches on this forum. It is a banning offense.
14. No replica watches are allowed on this forum. Do not post a photo of your favorite fake Patek Philippe in a wrist shot. The photo will be deleted, you will be warned and the members here will give no mercy in ridiculing you. (This added in response to a fake aviator posting a fake Patek Philippe for his WURW)
(47 USC § 230) Provides substantial protections for this forum but remember that anyone can sue anyone else. Opinion is one thing, but stating something as fact when it is not is at your own risk. Watchlords is hands off unless the Terms of Service are violated. Read the TOS and live it.
And now the legal crap -
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, expression and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Watchlords Forum LLC, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. Members who post content on the forum retain original rights to that content but agree to give Watchlords Forum LLC fair use rights of their content without claims of copyright infringement.
Your Use of the Site
You may not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. Watchlords Forum LLC reserves the right to bar any such activity.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any Watchlords Forum LLC server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of Watchlords Forum LLC, including any Watchlords Forum LLC account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or Watchlords Forum LLC's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site or to Watchlords Forum LLC.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.