Swiss Origins of Current Invicta watches... From BDWF

Invicta topics, Android/Aragon. Gervil, Swiss Legend & such

Swiss Origins of Current Invicta watches... From BDWF

Postby koimaster » August 12th 2010, 5:15pm

Swiss Origins of Current Invicta watches...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a "copy/paste" job from a thread I started on another forum regarding Invicta and the supposed Swiss origins of their current time pieces.

The "Cliff Notes" version of the thread are as follows:
1. I respectfully ask the question: Where in Switzerland is Invicta manufactured?
2. I get no definitive response at first, then I get some questioning of my reasons and I state them in a respectful manner.
3. I get an answer in the form of a previous thread from another member.
4. I research the answer and came up with the conclusions you will see below.
5. Everyone was respectful and cordial throughout the thread. I did sense some push-back. But, I can understand it since my question may interfere with the best interest of others, or the efforts of others. Or, may be seen as "throlling". So, that's OK. No offense taken.
6. See the "thread" below:

[Thread from another forum authored by yours truly - the thread, not the forum]

When this thread started, it was exactly meant to find out a clear answer to a question that I, and many others on this thread, find to be a valid one.

Along the line, Flyback [a member's name in the other forum] was helpful enough to provide a quote from a previous thread where Meijin [a senior moderator and founding member of the other forum] posted the information for us all. Thanks again to Flyback for that. I was satisfied with the information because it corroborated with part of an article I read online regarding Invicta.

The address given in the post by Flyback (post number 33 - in the original thread), provided this address:

"Invicta CH S.A
1344 L'Abbaye De Lac de Joux
Vallee de Joux, Switzerland"

I was satisfied with that because it coincided with what Eyal Lalo was quoted as saying in an interview some years ago. Below I have included the quote I refer to:

(from, American Time; Tuesday, January 21, 2003)
http://www.allbusiness.com/services/...4359064-1.html

"Invicta, which this year was chosen as the Official Timepiece of the 2002 Latin Grammy Awards, the 2002 MTV Latin America Awards and was in the 2003 Grammy Awards gift baskets, is moving its manufacturing from Chiasso, Switzerland to a new factory in L'Abbaye. "Our new factory will be ready in April 2003, and it is located about 100 steps from the Breguet factory," Lalo added." END OF QUOTE

Verification: One of the lasting quirks of my profession include the old Reagan-style "trust but confirm". I searched the address online and found that it coincided with a watchmaker company on that very address. So, I decided to contact the company and inquire about Invicta. The company, by the way, is "Claude Meylan" and the link is included here:
http://www.claudemeylan.ch/Pages/Page_Contact.html

I wrote a letter to the email listed on their webpage. Surely, since Invicta was also manufactured there, they would know exactly where, or at least verify it. You see, one of the quirks of my profession is to actually take the time to verify what I'm told, unless the source is one I can trust with my life. Below is a copy of my e-mail to the company (it's in French since their website was written in French. As you know, we are trained in different languages, and French is one of three I speak and understand fairly well):

"Envoyé : samedi, 23 mai 2009 13:01
À : claudemeylan@vtxnet.ch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Objet : Question au sujet d'une catégorie de montre.

Monsieur,
J'appologize pour déranger votre avec cette question. et pardonnez svp ma connaissance limitée dans la langue française. Est-ce que montres de la marque d'Invicta sont faites à votre magasin ? Ou, sont-elles faites quelque part d'autre dans votre secteur ? Merci infiniment de votre réponse.
Veuillez recevoir, Monsieur, mes sincères salutations."

Translation:
Dear Sir,
I appologize to disturb you with this question. Also, please forgive my limited knowledge of the French language. Are Invicta brand watches made within your factory? Or, they are made some other place in your area? Thank you infinitely for your answer.
Please receive, Sir, my sincere greetings. END OF TRANSLATION.

Anyway, I received a response from a contact within that company today. And below is his answer (it turns out that he spoke English and could also write it) [turns out it was a "she" and I didn't catch it until I almost finished the post on the original thread and used her name from the e-mail. But, I decided to also leave that mistake un-corrected here in order to not change what I wrote on the other thread]:

"From:Montres Claude Meylan (claudemeylan@vtxnet.ch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Sent:Mon 5/25/09 3:12 AM

Monsieur,

We use to work with the company Invicta in 2003, so some of the Invicta watches were made in our company. We do not work anymore with him. I am sorry, I can not tell you were the are made now!

Avec mes meilleures salutations
Montres Claude Meylan SA
Carol

Ps : Votre français est très bien !"

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Swiss Origins of Current Invicta watches... From BDWF

Postby eddiea » August 12th 2010, 5:18pm

Sweet.... Image
Last edited by Anonymous on June 15th 2012, 2:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » August 12th 2010, 5:35pm

I believe at one point-some Invicta watch parts may have passed through Swiss airspace.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby boscoe » August 12th 2010, 5:44pm

Invicta has moved out Switzerland - and out of reach of its laws.
Lying sacks of shit
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Watch Noob » August 12th 2010, 5:55pm

Look at the bright side, Lalo's only been lieing about this for 7 years. Prior to that, they did produce a watch in Switzerland for a year.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Postby BigCheez » August 12th 2010, 6:08pm

Don't Hate!

Truth is, English is NOT Eyal's first language... He didn't say the watches are Swiss Made, he said SWISH Made.

Every Chinese watchmaker with an alternative lifestyle is cranking out great new Invicta designs every day!
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby LIES ALL LIES!!! » August 12th 2010, 6:50pm

The response to this from Michael "Nightrain is nummy" Davis is that Invicta owns S. Coifman and Potger-Pietri and both have factories in Switzerland where Invicta watches are produced in along side of these brands in those factories.

Problem is, damn if anyone can find the S. Coifman and Potger-Pietri factories.
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » August 12th 2010, 7:22pm

LIES ALL LIES!!! wrote:The response to this from Michael "Nightrain is nummy" Davis is that Invicta owns S. Coifman and Potger-Pietri and both have factories in Switzerland where Invicta watches are produced in along side of these brands in those factories.

Problem is, damn if anyone can find the S. Coifman and Potger-Pietri factories.

There are NONE period. S. Coifman was produced by Claude Meylan and the P-P brand was produced by another third party and some were produced in china
Last edited by Anonymous on June 20th 2012, 4:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby TemerityB » August 12th 2010, 7:58pm

If it's a company and you can't find it?

It doesn't exist.

My hunch is that every Invicta "Swiss Made" watch made in the past two years is very, very suspicious. Why not transparency if you have a quality product?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Bigjimzlll » August 12th 2010, 8:19pm

In the early 90's a friend of mine started a "company" that supposedly manafactuered and sold a floor slip prevention product/business. It is still in business today.
He doesn't manafactuer anything. He has a giant plant and offices and he is a chemist. All is complete bull shit. The lengths he goes to to mislead and hide the truth is amazing.
He had potential buyers show up unexpectantly to his "offices" which were a renta receptionist,...it was so funny watching him cover.
He could very well go legit...but he is a con man. Even though the business is semi-legit he hates it beign legit at all.
Once a con man...always a con man
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby BigCheez » August 12th 2010, 8:33pm

I found an obscure photo documenting the recruitment of Invicta's watchmakers for the SWISH MADE line:

BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby TimeMachine » August 13th 2010, 7:55am

Excellent post Koi. That's just the kind of discovery of the real facts behind the stories that make it worthwhile being here.
TimeMachine
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » May 19th 2012, 8:16pm

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby eddiea » June 15th 2012, 2:55pm

BigCheez wrote:I found an obscure photo documenting the recruitment of Invicta's watchmakers for the SWISH MADE line:

Old post Dave, yet still disturbing
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby boscoe » June 17th 2012, 5:18am

You know, the issue with Invicta isn't the products, necessarily. It's the bullshit.
But I guess Eyal Lalo has to lie to justify the ridiculous pricing on his watches. In truth, he's Wing in a muscle shirt.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Postby Datsun240Z71 » June 17th 2012, 6:30am

boscoe wrote:You know, the issue with Invicta isn't the products, necessarily. It's the bullshit.
But I guess Eyal Lalo has to lie to justify the ridiculous pricing on his watches. In truth, he's Wing in a muscle shirt.

And to add further to that, it's how some people perceive those who call out Invicta for the BS with facts and for some reason feel obliged to defend them in the face of those facts.
Randy in Nashville
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Tzimisces » June 17th 2012, 10:43am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
boscoe wrote:You know, the issue with Invicta isn't the products, necessarily. It's the bullshit.

And to add further to that, it's how some people perceive those who call out Invicta for the BS with facts and for some reason feel obliged to defend them in the face of those facts.

Not just defend them, but whine about "bashing", "haters", and all that other childish nonsense. I've never seen such a group of goofballs who display such slavish brand loyalty. If you like an Invicta, great, who cares. If you enjoy wearing over-the-top goofy looking watches, fine. If you get your panties in a bunch over haters and bashers, you're a fucking idiot.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby hawkeye » June 20th 2012, 3:47pm

they defend it because they are embarassed they spent their hard earned money for it.Plain and simple.

Even idiots admit they are wrong once in a while.These people do not.

Dave
hawkeye

Postby DBCooper » June 20th 2012, 3:56pm

Tzimisces wrote:Not just defend them, but whine about "bashing", "haters", and all that other childish nonsense. I've never seen such a group of goofballs who display such slavish brand loyalty. If you like an Invicta, great, who cares. If you enjoy wearing over-the-top goofy looking watches, fine. If you get your panties in a bunch over haters and bashers, you're a fucking idiot.
Perfect!
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » June 20th 2012, 6:41pm

DBCooper wrote:
Tzimisces wrote:Not just defend them, but whine about "bashing", "haters", and all that other childish nonsense. I've never seen such a group of goofballs who display such slavish brand loyalty. If you like an Invicta, great, who cares. If you enjoy wearing over-the-top goofy looking watches, fine. If you get your panties in a bunch over haters and bashers, you're a fucking idiot.
Perfect!

Agreed, Coop. One of the most succinct paragraphs ever written here. Right to the point.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » June 6th 2018, 3:13pm

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to Invicta & other TV shit - No Spin Zone