Invicter Invades Roosevelt Field

Invicta topics, Android/Aragon. Gervil, Swiss Legend & such

Invicter Invades Roosevelt Field

Postby TemerityB » June 18th 2018, 9:14pm

Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island was, the last time I checked, something like the 11th or 12 biggest volume mall in the U.S. in terms of retail sales. In the past couple of years, they've renovated the aging mall - some pretty tony new stores such an Niemann Marcus, a new food court, stuff moving all over. So imagine my surprise that right smack in the middle of the main floor, there's a brand new Invicta store - well, not quite. It's permanent, but it's one of those oversized kiosks and not a storefront. Just like in the NYC stores, the sales are hilarious; the harried young mokes in black IWG t shirts kept braying "buy one get one free!" and the "deal" just kept going up - if you buy five watches, you get three free. Nothing says "Hi, Whorology!" than "the more you spend, the more you save" sales. There were watches lying on trays all over the place; the guys in the tees looked overwhelmed and it wasn't a happy scene; the kiosk apparently was so new that none of the electric signs were working. What's the over/under on this whole kiosk just being a reconstituted Baseworld display?

The wares were the usual oversized Chinese atrocities. I must be honest: This was on a Sunday afternoon, and the kiosk was swamped with a bunch of oversized guys buying a whole mess of oversized watches. The virus is spreading. I have a friend who actually was a PBA bowling star, and these days, he's wearing a 50mm Invicta. Looks like I'm finally gonna start seeing these things in the wild, but thankfully I don't frequent Roosevelt Field all that often.

Some pics, just for laffs:

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Invicter Invades Roosevelt Field

Postby conjurer » June 18th 2018, 11:32pm

This is some bad fucking news, goddamn it.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 19th 2018, 8:07am

conjurer wrote:This is some bad fucking news, goddamn it.

There's worse news, but I'll keep it to myself.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » June 19th 2018, 1:44pm

Hey check it out. It's a dragon watch I totally hate! Dayam that's ugly.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby DocKlock » June 20th 2018, 7:05am

With 8,000 different styles, shapes, colors, bracelets, finishes, ad nauseam, I'm wondering if the "market" is saturated. Maybe some of the dolts with 300 Invicters in their collection pile have had enough. Huge overstock, maybe. Can't think of too many reasons why a company would sell their product by the concept of "buy one, get six free" method.
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » June 20th 2018, 8:03am

Complete with valu-payz!
I'm your huckleberry.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby kevco » June 20th 2018, 11:31am

Oh to be feared...
kevco
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » June 20th 2018, 11:52am

My eyes hurt from all of that. Those things are truly ghey. At a local grocery store (krogers) they have greeters at times. One such fellow, a large man, not so much tall as "broad" wears nothing but over-sized saucers on his wrist. I was having my wedding band cleaned in the jewelry section of the store and he wanders in to look at some watches they sell there. Nothing fancy, G-shock, bulova and citizen. One of the very few times I have had someone comment on a watch I was wearing. I was wearing a Maurice Lacroix and he commented on how small it was. I tried to ignore him but he shoves that POS invicta bolt at both Grace (watchlady) and myself. Grace just laughed and said "we don't work on invicta here. Cheaper to buy another watch". He made some comments to Grace and she said you should talk to Alain, he belongs to a watch forum. I could not believe she said that to him. Long story short, he asks me what forum, I mention watchlords and that I am known as koimaster. I thought he was going to shit a brick. I found out he belonged to watchgeeks and he currently belongs to wit although I do not know his user name. Now whenever he sees me walk into the store I guess they have an ignore feature at krogers. :lol:

:asian:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » June 20th 2018, 8:05pm

koimaster wrote:
My eyes hurt from all of that. Those things are truly ghey. At a local grocery store (krogers) they have greeters at times. One such fellow, a large man, not so much tall as "broad" wears nothing but over-sized saucers on his wrist. I was having my wedding band cleaned in the jewelry section of the store and he wanders in to look at some watches they sell there. Nothing fancy, G-shock, bulova and citizen. One of the very few times I have had someone comment on a watch I was wearing. I was wearing a Maurice Lacroix and he commented on how small it was. I tried to ignore him but he shoves that POS invicta bolt at both Grace (watchlady) and myself. Grace just laughed and said "we don't work on invicta here. Cheaper to buy another watch". He made some comments to Grace and she said you should talk to Alain, he belongs to a watch forum. I could not believe she said that to him. Long story short, he asks me what forum, I mention watchlords and that I am known as koimaster. I thought he was going to shit a brick. I found out he belonged to watchgeeks and he currently belongs to wit although I do not know his user name. Now whenever he sees me walk into the store I guess they have an ignore feature at krogers. :lol:

:asian:

This is a touching and fine story; it's always nice when we can set one of the simps straight in real life. Since I switched stores a year and a half ago, I've seen far fewer Invicters in the wild. Lately, though, I've noticed them more and more, generally worn by really large white guys who--true story--tend to walk around with their lower jaws hanging slack.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 20th 2018, 9:42pm

koimaster wrote:[
My eyes hurt from all of that.

Tell you what - that kiosk is right down the hall from a Tourneau and a Macys. After looking at watches there, the Invicta stuff really does look like poorly assembled toys. Looking at actual watches, even Citizen and say, Casio, and then looking at Invicta, is like staring at a 4K TV showing a 4K broadcast, then spinning around to see an SD broadcast on a 720p set - the difference is staggering.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Invicta & other TV shit - No Spin Zone