Watch Review: Time Concepts HLA Watch

watches we all can afford

Watch Review: Time Concepts HLA Watch

Postby koimaster » May 16th 2018, 3:12pm

One of the things that I enjoy about my blog is seeing the progress that is made on various levels. One of those levels is personal progress. This is my fifth year of doing my blog and seeing the hard work that I put in is rewarded by the progress it has made. I am very proud of the progress that it has made which in turn makes me strive to work harder. Of course there is always more progress to be made. As it was pointed out recently, my writing/grammar can use some work. I am always willing to listen to constructive criticism whether if it is good or bad. How else will you grow without an open mind and listening ears? Another level of progress that I really enjoy to see is when I have the honor to work with a watch company on several different review projects. Getting to see the physical progress that is in the form of their watches. It is extremely awesome to see a company’s watch grow in terms of improvements in overall quality. I also love to see the implantation of recommendations that I or my readers have suggested put into their watches.

Today we will be exploring the official watch of the Hawaiian Lifeguards. That is currently being worn by such legends of the program as Archie Kalepa, Brian Keaulana, Kalani Vierra, Ralph Goto, and many others. I will not take away anything from the important job that lifeguards face everyday, but these lifeguards definitely have one of the best locations that I can think of without a doubt. #Iamjealous

https://timetoblogwatches.com/2018/05/1 ... hla-watch/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watch Review: Time Concepts HLA Watch

Postby foghorn » May 16th 2018, 3:42pm

Isn't this the watch that was the original topic in the epic great_mazinger thread?
Nuff said.
I'll give the ignore route a try. My Aqua Homer sense is strong on this one.
Last edited by foghorn on May 17th 2018, 5:02am, edited 1 time in total.

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Falstaff » May 16th 2018, 3:52pm

I dunno, Fog - it's not as if he can do any harm.
I'm your huckleberry.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » May 16th 2018, 3:57pm

Falstaff wrote:I dunno, Fog - it's not as if he can do any harm.

Not my problem. I've seen 'em come and go.
Ignore time means no agida.

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby artman » May 16th 2018, 4:41pm

I still don't like the watch, but the photos are top notch.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 16th 2018, 5:08pm

artman wrote:I still don't like the watch, but the photos are top notch.

Thank you for the complement, I truly appreciate it🙏🤜🏽💥🤛🏽🙏
“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby biglove » May 16th 2018, 8:26pm

Great scenery for a overpriced mediocre watch with what appears to be a Stretch Armstrong figure on the dial. Damned fine lighting or PS work. Don't have the time to examine more closely but I suspect the latter.

Anyone who uses "popped/pop" referring to anything horological really should expect a direct punch in his vagina though. Seriously.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."- Mark Twain

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bedlam » May 16th 2018, 10:14pm

Is it just me or is that watch face pretty jaundiced? Not that there is anything wrong with that!
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » May 17th 2018, 1:38am

I like the petroglyph design, a lot of design and logos in Hawaii are incorporating it now.
Nice yellow dial, i don't like the black pvd though, painted markers or that it's quartz.
Nice location for a photo shoot, the pictures are good.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 17th 2018, 4:27am

Without a Hulk figurine in a puddle, these are decent pics.

Skimmed it, didn’t read. My OCD wouldn’t stand the grammar there.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby codguy » May 17th 2018, 5:16am

"It received a lot of compliments while it was on my wrist"

Bullshit
Last edited by codguy on May 18th 2018, 4:59am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't care about pollution, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy- The Who
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 12:45pm

codguy wrote:"It received a lot of compliments while it was on my wrist"

Yeah, we believe that, no really.

:cv6fri:

The fucked up thing, not one complement whenever my DSSD is on my wrist. $250 watch, complements all day long from Joe public.
“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby conjurer » May 17th 2018, 12:49pm

Stephenmazinger wrote:

The fucked up thing, not one complement whenever my DSSD is on my wrist. $250 watch, complements all day long from Joe public.

This happens a lot to people who wear Invicters.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 12:49pm

biglove wrote:Anyone who uses "popped/pop" referring to anything horological really should expect a direct punch in his vagina though. Seriously.

The thing is that you have to write a review that is going to be read by watch enthusiasts and your average person who just likes watches. It’s like going to the doctor, the average patient isn’t going to understand straight medical terminology spewing from the doctor’s mouth.
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 12:50pm

conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

Exactly why Invicta exists.
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby Mark1 » May 17th 2018, 12:54pm

Stephenmazinger wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

And there is your sign.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 1:01pm

Mark1 wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

And there is your sign.

There’s a place for every watch in the market place from the average person on the street that knows jack about watches to the aficionados. And everyone in between there is a watch for.
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby conjurer » May 17th 2018, 1:16pm

Stephenmazinger wrote:
Mark1 wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

And there is your sign.

There’s a place for every watch in the market place from the average person on the street that knows jack about watches to the aficionados. And everyone in between there is a watch for.

Except for Invicters.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 1:18pm

conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:
Mark1 wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

And there is your sign.

Except for Invicters.

+1

I agree, Invicta is complete shit. Unfortunately at every price point in the Watch industry shit can be found.
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby svaglic » May 17th 2018, 2:19pm

I've seen Micro's be a stepping stone for a lot of people at Geeks who were into the tv watches. Micro's are the watches that pull them away. Some move on from there and some stick with mostly Micro's, but at least they stepped away from the tv deals. I can respect that.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » May 17th 2018, 2:30pm

I don't know how tall you are but the point flew completely over your head, (again). The unwashed masses (non watch collectors) are much more likely to respond to some chunky oversized shiny bauble on yer wrist than an actual quality watch. One should keep that in mind when commenting on comments and sew fourth.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 17th 2018, 6:51pm

Mark1 wrote:I don't know how tall you are but the point flew completely over your head, (again). The unwashed masses (non watch collectors) are much more likely to respond to some chunky oversized shiny bauble on yer wrist than an actual quality watch. One should keep that in mind when commenting on comments and sew fourth.

I will point out a flaw in your theory here. If what you say was correct, then my huge Bling ass shiny Rolex DSSD would get tons of complements from the unwashed masses, not a smaller, PVD coated watch with a yellow dial. Most of the unwashed masses complement more on the watches I review than any quality piece that I wear, that is bigger, shinier, ect....
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby Mark1 » May 17th 2018, 10:21pm

Stephenmazinger wrote:
Mark1 wrote:I don't know how tall you are but the point flew completely over your head, (again). The unwashed masses (non watch collectors) are much more likely to respond to some chunky oversized shiny bauble on yer wrist than an actual quality watch. One should keep that in mind when commenting on comments and sew fourth.

I will point out a flaw in your theory here. If what you say was correct, then my huge Bling ass shiny Rolex DSSD would get tons of complements from the unwashed masses, not a smaller, PVD coated watch with a yellow dial. Most of the unwashed masses complement more on the watches I review than any quality piece that I wear, that is bigger, shinier, ect....

The difference in size is only 1 mm and you are the one who laments the bullshit trend to smaller case sizes. I am going to just put you on ignore because you just want to argue every fucking thing. Your statement in this case flies in the face of actual experience most here will attest to. Keep arguing in circles on your own.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Stephenmazinger » May 18th 2018, 2:24am

Mark1 wrote:
Stephenmazinger wrote:

The difference in size is only 1 mm and you are the one who laments the bullshit trend to smaller case sizes. I am going to just put you on ignore because you just want to argue every fucking thing. Your statement in this case flies in the face of actual experience most here will attest to. Keep arguing in circles on your own.

How is making a statement that is based on experience arguing? (Rhetorical Question)

Statement based on fact: DSSD is 18mm high, Pam is 47mm x 18mm, Anonimo 47 mm x 16mm.

Statement based on fact: The current industry case sizes are trending on smaller case dimensions.

Statement based on personal experience: No watch of quality has received complements from the public when on my wrist. Watches that I review with smaller case dimensions always receive complements, attention, ect from the public.

Conclusion based on fact, personal experience, the public that I come in contact with prefer and are attracted to watches that I review(most much smaller) vs watches of quality. (Much larger)

Statements based on arguing: 0
― Paulo Coelho
Stephenmazinger

Postby Falstaff » May 18th 2018, 10:29am

Somewhere a spelling teacher is weeping bitter tears.
I'm your huckleberry.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Next

Return to Affordable Watches