Draken Peregrine

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

Draken Peregrine

Postby koimaster » December 5th 2017, 10:24am

The folks from Draken Watches sent me a Peregrine prototype to play with for a short while when their Kickstarter was underway. From the looks of things today, the campaign is doing great, as they have blown past their fundraising goal and still have 12 days remaining. After wearing the watch for a couple of days, I completely understand the secret to their success. The Peregrine is a solid tool watch that is brimming with the kind of details that watch nerds will love.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2017/12/drake ... ime+Bum%29

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tu ... ilot-watch

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Draken Peregrine

Postby conjurer » December 5th 2017, 11:06am

This wartche is don't-drop-the-soap-in-the-prison-shower ghey.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 5th 2017, 12:41pm

I've been posting in the thread about it in WUS' Concepts and Designs forum. Looks like my advice - sadly - wasn't taken into account.

Looks like a fashion watch. The horological equivalent of boxer shorts sticking out above the belt. Which is very ghey.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » December 5th 2017, 1:39pm

Clearly what they meant instead of "tool watch" was "a watch for tools".
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » December 5th 2017, 1:46pm

Ye bend to the sound of the horns, precious copper kettle - 'tis a great day in the morning!

And it was just this early morning, err the chickens had not even began their scrummage for flukes, that my goodly wife had just completed a most royal and expert attention to my esteemed best leg of three. I rolled over in the bed chamber, took my soiled yet sturdy laptop upon my own, and found this most sterling example of a post. Exult! Dot'h the parakeets and magpies proclaim!

Even the name Draken Peregrine doth make me forgive even my proclaimed disdain for The Starter of Kick - it also pleases me even more than my beloved lady fair's wanton ministrations! Just gazing upon that expertly applied moniker - the "A" kitty-cornered akin to an accused penny-stealer awaiting harsh sentence while cowering in a prison inhabited by Whigs - is enough to make me reach for my penny pen, or, as is the trend these days, my plastic issuer of hard-found funds. Add to that logo work that defies the laws of art, expert, and even cleanliness - yet, it tracks my precious juices! Away, workaday pittance, away! Just months from sweet abandon into a world of high horology that are not speak its name - besides, I cannot pronounceth "Peregrine," yet I must. I must!

Draken! Draken! Draken! Thus, the change is a new, bold era upon our sensibilities! The Starter Of Kick - my new GOD!
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » December 5th 2017, 2:03pm

^^^^^^^

BRAVO!!!
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » December 5th 2017, 2:24pm

TemerityB wrote:Image

Ye bend to the sound of the horns, precious copper kettle - 'tis a great day in the morning!

And it was just this early morning, err the chickens had not even began their scrummage for flukes, that my goodly wife had just completed a most royal and expert attention to my esteemed best leg of three. I rolled over in the bed chamber, took my soiled yet sturdy laptop upon my own, and found this most sterling example of a post. Exult! Dot'h the parakeets and magpies proclaim!

Even the name Draken Peregrine doth make me forgive even my proclaimed disdain for The Starter of Kick - it also pleases me even more than my beloved lady fair's wanton ministrations! Just gazing upon that expertly applied moniker - the "A" kitty-cornered akin to an accused penny-stealer awaiting harsh sentence while cowering in a prison inhabited by Whigs - is enough to make me reach for my penny pen, or, as is the trend these days, my plastic issuer of hard-found funds. Add to that logo work that defies the laws of art, expert, and even cleanliness - yet, it tracks my precious juices! Away, workaday pittance, away! Just months from sweet abandon into a world of high horology that are not speak its name - besides, I cannot pronounceth "Peregrine," yet I must. I must!

Draken! Draken! Draken! Thus, the change is a new, bold era upon our sensibilities! The Starter Of Kick - my new GOD!

:chump: :chump: :chump: :okk:
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby bobbee » December 5th 2017, 3:38pm

Great words,TB!
That logo is a definite rip off of the painting of the Red Dragon in the movie Michael Mann made, Manhunter from the book Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » December 5th 2017, 4:12pm

TemerityB wrote:Image
... ... ...

So, you like it?

Geeze, perhaps after a wild romp like that with your wife you should let the euphoria wear off a little bit before jumping on your laptop. :lol:
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » December 5th 2017, 4:54pm

What a complete and utter piece of shit. It's hilarious that they seem to be taking themselves quite seriously.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » December 5th 2017, 10:58pm

foghorn wrote:^^^^^^^

BRAVO!!!

Ditto. That was fucking brilliant, T.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » December 6th 2017, 2:13am

TemerityB wrote: Just months from sweet abandon into a world of high horology that dare not speak its name

Indeed, Conjurer Johnson speaks the truth! This was so brilliant that I spit Cokey-Coler all over me laptop screen! But the laugh I got from this was well worth it! Nicely done TB...of course, Rick Kalena -- he of the 'Havanna Tobacka Brown Starfish' -- will attempt to plagiarize this, saying that it's actually a quote from Jacques Marcel. who was referring to Daniel Mink, or some such thing, but we all saw it here first, verdammt!! Don't even try, you fugly, cigar-smoking George Burns/Shelley Winters love child!! :shock: :???:
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby codguy » December 6th 2017, 5:15am

Uhm, nope.

codguy
ASSHAT

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects