Republicans to the people: "Please stay dumb!"

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Re: Republicans to the people: "Please stay dumb!"

Postby Thunder1 » July 14th 2017, 9:22am

And damn, women even have the right to vote now!!..who the hell is responsible for that?..what good are they if they aren't both barefoot and pregnant?
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 14th 2017, 11:25am

bedlam wrote:
Luftwafflles wrote:Of course, if you disagree with a liberal, you must be ignorant. When a liberal can not silence opposition (the preferred tactic), he attempts to dismiss it. Conservatives are not anti college, they are anti indoctrination.

I think each side is against indoctrination favouring the other side...

Hence the great American divide as ideologues from both parties have eradicated the middle ground.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
Watchlord WIS

Postby spanky1 » July 14th 2017, 3:56pm

Mortuus wrote:Yep. And it puts Madonna's statement about "blowing up the White House" into a much more understandable context. This is the modern democrat party...and JFK is spinning in his grave. :|

:bvbvbv: :loll: :bvbvbv:
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » July 14th 2017, 4:01pm

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Senior Member & WIS

Postby spanky1 » July 14th 2017, 4:07pm

How's your 401K or stock market portfolio doing this year bobbee????????????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » July 14th 2017, 4:11pm

Wazzat?
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 15th 2017, 2:53am

Thunder1 wrote:Agreed..my wife and some of her girlfriends did the Austin version of one of those marches a couple of months or so ago..very proud of both her and her friends, though I refuse to admit that she is smarter than I am!!.. :lol:

Thunder1 wrote:And damn, women even have the right to vote now!!..who the hell is responsible for that?..what good are they if they aren't both barefoot and pregnant?

Thunder, I genuinely like you, and your dogs are adorable, sweet pups. I even like your watches -- a lot, as a matter of fact. However, having said all that, I need to say this:

Your responses above are neither cute nor funny, nor do they contribute to a discussion of the issues. If you want to discuss the actual issue here, then knock off this silly-assed shit and discuss the fucking issue. Jeebus Cripes in a fucking SIDECAR, we conservatives constantly get called ignorant and even stupid by the left, but NONE of US resort to such inane, noodling garbage as this. Look, If all you're going to do is quote silly-assed platitudes or repeat the same tired old bromides, then you're just going to be thought a fool and ignored, because we're sick of this kind of verbal offal. The choice is yours.

Do Not Mistake My Kindness for Weakness.
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby Thunder1 » July 15th 2017, 8:12am

Mortuus wrote:Your responses above are neither cute nor funny, nor do they contribute to a discussion of the issues. If you want to discuss the actual issue here, then knock off this silly-assed shit and discuss the fucking issue. Jeebus Cripes in a fucking SIDECAR, we conservatives constantly get called ignorant and even stupid by the left, but NONE of US resort to such inane, noodling garbage as this. Look, If all you're going to do is quote silly-assed platitudes or repeat the same tired old bromides, then you're just going to be thought a fool and ignored, because we're sick of this kind of verbal offal. The choice is yours.[/size][/color][/font]

Morning Mort..hope all is well w/ both you and yours..yes, I respect your watch purchasing experiences(encouraged a friend to buy a couple of those Hush Puppy Kinetics last year, & he likes them)..I respect your military service & sacrifices..that said, I shouldn't have to apologize for my above mentioned, admittedly snide, remarks..I read the back and forth you had last week w/ Beds, so I think your reaction to this exchange is akin to 'the pot calling the kettle black'..

Yes, some American political figures have proven to be lacking something upstairs(Little Shrub, Palin, etc)..but others, such as the writers George Will & Bill Krystol, are both quite cerebal and insightful...and for the most part, I think the education levels of liberals and conservatives are fairly equal...

Mort, I was reacting to your criticism of women organizing and vocalizing their opposition to a person that has demonstrated his utter contempt for women in general..in that now infamous Access Hollywood tape, he showed what he really thinks of women..

True conservatives like Will & Kyrstol publicly criticize the current President..I just don't understand why other 'conservatives' remain silent on his misdeeds, choose to 'look the other way', or resort to criticizing HRC as if she was still campaigning as a response..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Hawk » July 16th 2017, 7:09pm

Thunder1 wrote:...
Morning Mort..hope all is well w/ both you and yours..yes, I respect your watch purchasing experiences(encouraged a friend to buy a couple of those Hush Puppy Kinetics last year, & he likes them)..I respect your military service & sacrifices..that said, I shouldn't have to apologize for my above mentioned, admittedly snide, remarks..I read the back and forth you had last week w/ Beds, so I think your reaction to this exchange is akin to 'the pot calling the kettle black'..

Yes, some American political figures have proven to be lacking something upstairs(Little Shrub, Palin, etc)..but others, such as the writers George Will & Bill Krystol, are both quite cerebal and insightful...and for the most part, I think the education levels of liberals and conservatives are fairly equal...

Mort, I was reacting to your criticism of women organizing and vocalizing their opposition to a person that has demonstrated his utter contempt for women in general..in that now infamous Access Hollywood tape, he showed what he really thinks of women..

True conservatives like Will & Kyrstol publicly criticize the current President..I just don't understand why other 'conservatives' remain silent on his misdeeds, choose to 'look the other way', or resort to criticizing HRC as if she was still campaigning as a response..

I am not Mort nor do I portray him on the internet.

But I would suppose there's some degree of discomfort when one discovers that one has inadvertently included one's family in a political discussion.

As a simple example I thought your being "proud" of Elijah Cummings for being the leader of operation pouty-face was a pretty simple example of philosophical differences which might not be bridged in the near future. And my negative appraisal of Cummings didn't impact you or anyone close to you.

I also thought that ladies wearing cunt hats was perhaps working against their stated goals.

Things get complicated when I learn your wife was one of them. Not only do the rules prohibit assaults on family, common decency suggests we avoid any such thing. So, when we find out we have inadvertently impugned someone's integrity we scramble to make it right.

I guess what I'm saying is that any of us that might have said negative stuff about cunt hats only intended that it apply to cunt hats in general - it was not intended to impact anyone you knew - because we never knew one such was a part of your life. That makes it complicated - we obviously will apologize to you or your wife while simultaneously suggesting that cunt hats aren't the best way to go about obtaining one's goals.

And at this point in history it is not at all obvious who's right.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby Thunder1 » July 17th 2017, 3:04am

Morning Hawk...no harm, no foul..my comment was just an aside..I know you guys better!!
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 17th 2017, 4:48am

Thunder1 wrote: Morning Mort..hope all is well w/ both you and yours..yes, I respect your watch purchasing experiences(encouraged a friend to buy a couple of those Hush Puppy Kinetics last year, & he likes them)..I respect your military service & sacrifices..that said, I shouldn't have to apologize for my above mentioned, admittedly snide, remarks..I read the back and forth you had last week w/ Beds, so I think your reaction to this exchange is akin to 'the pot calling the kettle black'..

And a good morning to you, too, Thundy...

Let me start by saying that no one asked you to apologize; I certainly didn't, anyway. I asked you to cease with the pc inanity and either address the issues or take your ball and go home. Infer hypocrisy on my part all you like, but Bedlam and I are always throwing darts at each other, which is why looking at context is so important when you're evaluating a conversation that didn't involve you.

Thunder1 wrote:Yes, some American political figures have proven to be lacking something upstairs(Little Shrub, Palin, etc)..but others, such as the writers George Will & Bill Krystol, are both quite cerebal and insightful...and for the most part, I think the education levels of liberals and conservatives are fairly equal...

The media went out of their way to make Sarah Palin look stupid and, with a lot of help from the cast of Saturday Night Live and ABC-CBS-CNN-MSNBC-NBC-Headline News, they succeeded beyond even their wildest imagination. I assume you're referring to Bush 43 when you mention "Little Shrub." Which is just more of the same stupid shit I was referring to. Still, I always love it when Will and Krystol are brought up as "true" conservatives by the left, and they're always cited as such because they're the most likely to shit on a republican than those other, mostly-undereducated rabble just pretending to be real conservatives. But more about old Thelma & Louise in a bit...

Thunder1 wrote:Mort, I was reacting to your criticism of women organizing and vocalizing their opposition to a person that has demonstrated his utter contempt for women in general..in that now infamous Access Hollywood tape, he showed what he really thinks of women..

I criticized no one for organizing and blah-blah blah-blah. What I did criticize was their silly-yet-offensive and borderline obscene methods. Imagine for a moment that you're a loving, caring parent of a four year-old set of fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. And suppose you're on your way to Starbucks for some java, when this group goes rolling by, "pussy hats" in place, vagina costumes on and anatomically stunning in their accuracy. Your two kids walk up and, almost in unison, say, "Daddy, what's a cunt?" We're free to march and say what we will. But whatever happened to restraint in favor of politeness or, better still, for the sake of those moms and dads out there who now have to start the process of disillusionment in their kids a few years early?

As to the Access Hollywood tape: You've never said something stupid in your entire life? Yeah, yeah, I know; you weren't running for president, right? There's an old saying in Psychology, mostly from those who study verbal versus physical cues: "Words mean little to nothing; it is behavior that counts." So Trump said something stupid. He's also chosen some very strong, well-educated and dedicated women for key positions in his cabinet. He's also hired a lot of the same type of women to work for him over the years in the private sector, and the vast majority of them still speak highly of him as a boss. Hey, we've all said regrettable things, but the vast majority of us behave far, far better than those mere words might otherwise indicate. Including President Trump.

Thunder1 wrote:True conservatives like Will & Kyrstol publicly criticize the current President..I just don't understand why other 'conservatives' remain silent on his misdeeds, choose to 'look the other way', or resort to criticizing HRC as if she was still campaigning as a response..

Krystol and Will are not 'true conservatives.' It's true that they often get called that, but it's almost always by some lefty who trots them out as the 'true voices of conservatism.' But that's only because they say nasty things about the people the left despises. Trust me when I tell you that Will and Krystol DO NOT speak for true conservatives any more than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for the black community.

Messrs. Will and Krystol are irremovably tied to and are of the same ilk as those cretins in the republican party who trotted out Jeb Bush (now that man IS a 'tard, plain and simple; score 1 for the democrat party), Mitt Romney and that mentally-ill old feeb, John McCain, as their standard bearers over the last dozen or so years. They're little more than DC policy wonks who live in a dream world where only perfect little robo-conservatives always preach the gospel of Will & Krystol. They hated President Reagan, even as we mainstream conservatives embraced him, because Mr. Reagan was not of the DC elite ruling class.

And it should come as no surprise that they hate Donald Trump even more. Just like Messrs. Sharpton & Jackson, Will & Krystol are fighting to stay relevant in this new era, and they're largely failing, except for the occasional lefty who calls them "true conservatives." They're 'cerebral' and 'insightful' only because they tell you what you want to hear. They're no more conservative than Jimmy Carter, and the election of Trump has shown that their days of relevancy have come to an ignominious end.

As to our 'remaining silent on Trump's misdeeds,' I'm just not sure what you mean by that. What, exactly, has he been proven to have done that's so terrible? Quite frankly, your side has put up so much smoke and chaff that no one quite knows what is and is not true. Most of it, I believe, is more made-up bullshit from the moonbats and snowflakes who simply can't accept the fact that Trump won the election. After all, the press and the democrat leadership keep on digging and digging, but they've managed to get nothing substantiated. Think about it, Thundy; if they did have Trump on something, there'd be screaming headlines of joy from the NY & LA Times, along with pix and video of The Donald doing the perp walk out of the White House. And every talking head would be smiling their most smug little smiles for the camera, silently telegraphing, "See, we told you he was an evil man."

HRC, on the other hand, has a long, long record of misdeeds, from her earliest days in the Rose Law Firm, to her behavior as Arkansas' first lady, the way she treated the female victims of her husband's manhandling while FLOTUS, to her lackluster performance as a senator, to causing the death of four Americans in Benghazi while SECSTATE. Oh, and let's not forget the Clinton Foundation, taking payoffs bribes hush-money gifts/donations from ALL nations, irrespective of their human rights records, and on and on. (And, OBTW, the CF took a goodly chunk of cash from Saudi Arabia, where women can't vote, own property or even get a driver's license.)

So to your question: why do we focus on HRC instead of beating up our own guy? Número uno, nothing's been found, much less proven against Trump. Nothing. Numéro deux, we do this because the left always gets a pass, no matter what. HRC is a liberal, one of those protectors of civil rights, someone who really cares about peoples' well-being, especially women. Oh, and let's not forget that she was the most qualified candidate, too. Why? Well, because Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, says so. The Clintons are off-the-scale corrupt, but that's okay because they're on the side of the little people, those oppressed masses, just yearning to breathe free.

What a crock of absolute, unadulterated shit.

We, on the conservative side, are sick of the same bullshit, status-quo from the dullards in DC who are too blind and too stupid to realize that the 2016 election was about the adults in the room finally saying to the eternal adolescents of the left, "All right, you've had your fun, now put away your toys and go to bed while we clean up the rest of your mess." We needed someone who, unlike the half-assed candidates we've had picked for us by 'cerebral' and 'insightful' losers, actually shares our goals and will fight back for us. Because none of the others -- Bush 41, Romney, Bush 43, McCain, Dole, etcetera, ad infinitum -- would even dream of fighting on anyone's behalf, and certainly not ever a -- Ewww! -- conservative.

We've been called stupid, mean and even evil by the left, all because we now threaten to bust up their comfortable little world, where everyone knows their place and bows to the left's more quiet, 'cerebral' and progressive views on the world. And if you get uppity and fight back, then you get called a racist, sexist and homophobic asshole who deserves to have your evil wealth taken away from you. You deserve to be made an example of. You even deserve to die. But why?

Ask yourself THIS, Thundy: If these wonderful, awesome, caring and saint-like liberals care sooo fucking much, why are the inner-cities still in shambles? Can't blame the republicans, I'm afraid, because they've had no power in the cities since the waning years of the 19th century. And what about ALL those years, from 1933 until 1981, when the left and democrats held ALL the power; why weren't all these nagging problems of blight, poorness, racism and misogyny not fixed in ALL THAT TIME? The democrats had a LOCK on power all those years, and while the civil rights bills all passed, NOTHING got better...NOTHING!

I quote Stevie Wonder, thusly: "And we are sick and tired of hearing that song, telling us how you're changing right from wrong, but if you really want to hear our views, you haven't done nothing."

Amen.

Have a nice Monday.
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » July 17th 2017, 6:05am

^
:bvbvbv:

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby spanky1 » July 17th 2017, 7:00am

Mortuus wrote:
Thunder1 wrote: Morning Mort..hope all is well w/ both you and yours..yes, I respect your watch purchasing experiences(encouraged a friend to buy a couple of those Hush Puppy Kinetics last year, & he likes them)..I respect your military service & sacrifices..that said, I shouldn't have to apologize for my above mentioned, admittedly snide, remarks..I read the back and forth you had last week w/ Beds, so I think your reaction to this exchange is akin to 'the pot calling the kettle black'..

Let me start by saying that no one asked you to apologize; I certainly didn't, anyway. I asked you to cease with the pc inanity and either address the issues or take your ball and go home. Infer hypocrisy on my part all you like, but Bedlam and I are always throwing darts at each other, which is why looking at context is so important when you're evaluating a conversation that didn't involve you.

Thunder1 wrote:Yes, some American political figures have proven to be lacking something upstairs(Little Shrub, Palin, etc)..but others, such as the writers George Will & Bill Krystol, are both quite cerebal and insightful...and for the most part, I think the education levels of liberals and conservatives are fairly equal...

The media went out of their way to make Sarah Palin look stupid and, with a lot of help from the cast of Saturday Night Live and ABC-CBS-CNN-MSNBC-NBC-Headline News, they succeeded beyond even their wildest imagination. I assume you're referring to Bush 43 when you mention "Little Shrub." Which is just more of the same stupid shit I was referring to. Still, I always love it when Will and Krystol are brought up as "true" conservatives by the left, and they're always cited as such because they're the most likely to shit on a republican than those other, mostly-undereducated rabble just pretending to be real conservatives. But more about old Thelma & Louise in a bit...

Thunder1 wrote:Mort, I was reacting to your criticism of women organizing and vocalizing their opposition to a person that has demonstrated his utter contempt for women in general..in that now infamous Access Hollywood tape, he showed what he really thinks of women..

I criticized no one for organizing and blah-blah blah-blah. What I did criticize was their silly-yet-offensive and borderline obscene methods. Imagine for a moment that you're a loving, caring parent of a four year-old set of fraternal twins, a boy and a girl. And suppose you're on your way to Starbucks for some java, when this group goes rolling by, "pussy hats" in place, vagina costumes on and anatomically stunning in their accuracy. Your two kids walk up and, almost in unison, say, "Daddy, what's a cunt?" We're free to march and say what we will. But whatever happened to restraint in favor of politeness or, better still, for the sake of those moms and dads out there who now have to start the process of disillusionment in their kids a few years early?

As to the Access Hollywood tape: You've never said something stupid in your entire life? Yeah, yeah, I know; you weren't running for president, right? There's an old saying in Psychology, mostly from those who study verbal versus physical cues: "Words mean little to nothing; it is behavior that counts." So Trump said something stupid. He's also chosen some very strong, well-educated and dedicated women for key positions in his cabinet. He's also hired a lot of the same type of women to work for him over the years in the private sector, and the vast majority of them still speak highly of him as a boss. Hey, we've all said regrettable things, but the vast majority of us behave far, far better than those mere words might otherwise indicate. Including President Trump.

Thunder1 wrote:True conservatives like Will & Kyrstol publicly criticize the current President..I just don't understand why other 'conservatives' remain silent on his misdeeds, choose to 'look the other way', or resort to criticizing HRC as if she was still campaigning as a response..

Krystol and Will are not 'true conservatives.' It's true that they often get called that, but it's almost always by some lefty who trots them out as the 'true voices of conservatism.' But that's only because they say nasty things about the people the left despises. Trust me when I tell you that Will and Krystol DO NOT speak for true conservatives any more than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for the black community.

Messrs. Will and Krystol are irremovably tied to and are of the same ilk as those cretins in the republican party who trotted out Jeb Bush (now that man IS a 'tard, plain and simple; score 1 for the democrat party), Mitt Romney and that mentally-ill old feeb, John McCain, as their standard bearers over the last dozen or so years. They're little more than DC policy wonks who live in a dream world where only perfect little robo-conservatives always preach the gospel of Will & Krystol. They hated President Reagan, even as we mainstream conservatives embraced him, because Mr. Reagan was not of the DC elite ruling class.

And it should come as no surprise that they hate Donald Trump even more. Just like Messrs. Sharpton & Jackson, Will & Krystol are fighting to stay relevant in this new era, and they're largely failing, except for the occasional lefty who calls them "true conservatives." They're 'cerebral' and 'insightful' only because they tell you what you want to hear. They're no more conservative than Jimmy Carter, and the election of Trump has shown that their days of relevancy have come to an ignominious end.

As to our 'remaining silent on Trump's misdeeds,' I'm just not sure what you mean by that. What, exactly, has he been proven to have done that's so terrible? Quite frankly, your side has put up so much smoke and chaff that no one quite knows what is and is not true. Most of it, I believe, is more made-up bullshit from the moonbats and snowflakes who simply can't accept the fact that Trump won the election. After all, the press and the democrat leadership keep on digging and digging, but they've managed to get nothing substantiated. Think about it, Thundy; if they did have Trump on something, there'd be screaming headlines of joy from the NY & LA Times, along with pix and video of The Donald doing the perp walk out of the White House. And every talking head would be smiling their most smug little smiles for the camera, silently telegraphing, "See, we told you he was an evil man."

HRC, on the other hand, has a long, long record of misdeeds, from her earliest days in the Rose Law Firm, to her behavior as Arkansas' first lady, the way she treated the female victims of her husband's manhandling while FLOTUS, to her lackluster performance as a senator, to causing the death of four Americans in Benghazi while SECSTATE. Oh, and let's not forget the Clinton Foundation, taking payoffs bribes hush-money gifts/donations from ALL nations, irrespective of their human rights records, and on and on. (And, OBTW, the CF took a goodly chunk of cash from Saudi Arabia, where women can't vote, own property or even get a driver's license.)

So to your question: why do we focus on HRC instead of beating up our own guy? Número uno, nothing's been found, much less proven against Trump. Nothing. Numéro deux, we do this because the left always gets a pass, no matter what. HRC is a liberal, one of those protectors of civil rights, someone who really cares about peoples' well-being, especially women. Oh, and let's not forget that she was the most qualified candidate, too. Why? Well, because Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, says so. The Clintons are off-the-scale corrupt, but that's okay because they're on the side of the little people, those oppressed masses, just yearning to breathe free.

What a crock of absolute, unadulterated shit.

We, on the conservative side, are sick of the same bullshit, status-quo from the dullards in DC who are too blind and too stupid to realize that the 2016 election was about the adults in the room finally saying to the eternal adolescents of the left, "All right, you've had your fun, now put away your toys and go to bed while we clean up the rest of your mess." We needed someone who, unlike the half-assed candidates we've had picked for us by 'cerebral' and 'insightful' losers, actually shares our goals and will fight back for us. Because none of the others -- Bush 41, Romney, Bush 43, McCain, Dole, etcetera, ad infinitum -- would even dream of fighting on anyone's behalf, and certainly not ever a -- Ewww! -- conservative.

We've been called stupid, mean and even evil by the left, all because we now threaten to bust up their comfortable little world, where everyone knows their place and bows to the left's more quiet, 'cerebral' and progressive views on the world. And if you get uppity and fight back, then you get called a racist, sexist and homophobic asshole who deserves to have your evil wealth taken away from you. You deserve to be made an example of. You even deserve to die. But why?

Ask yourself THIS, Thundy: If these wonderful, awesome, caring and saint-like liberals care sooo fucking much, why are the inner-cities still in shambles? Can't blame the republicans, I'm afraid, because they've had no power in the cities since the waning years of the 19th century. And what about ALL those years, from 1933 until 1981, when the left and democrats held ALL the power; why weren't all these nagging problems of blight, poorness, racism and misogyny not fixed in ALL THAT TIME? The democrats had a LOCK on power all those years, and while the civil rights bills all passed, NOTHING got better...NOTHING!

I quote Stevie Wonder, thusly: "And we are sick and tired of hearing that song, telling us how you're changing right from wrong, but if you really want to hear our views, you haven't done nothing."

Amen.

Have a nice Monday.

:okk: :bvbvbv: :CSTBRO:
spanky1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » July 17th 2017, 2:28pm

Well said Mort. It's easier to write off the adversary as ignorant than reflect on how your most qualified candidate ever lost to the worst candidate ever.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby bedlam » July 17th 2017, 4:41pm

Mark1 wrote:Well said Mort. It's easier to write off the adversary as ignorant than reflect on how your most qualified candidate ever lost to the worst candidate ever.

I don't have a dog in this fight...but saying HRC was the most qualified is double-speak. The Dems ran the most reviled candidate ever against the worst candidate ever. Sanders was the best Dem candidate, who was rail-roaded by party operatives.

If the Dems had run Sanders, Trump wouldn't have gotten a look-in.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mark1 » July 17th 2017, 4:47pm

bedlam wrote:
Mark1 wrote:Well said Mort. It's easier to write off the adversary as ignorant than reflect on how your most qualified candidate ever lost to the worst candidate ever.

I don't have a dog in this fight...but saying HRC was the most qualified is double-speak. The Dems ran the most reviled candidate ever against the worst candidate ever. Sanders was the best Dem candidate, who was rail-roaded by party operatives.

Well, if it's double-speak it's what Obama said. Who better qualified as a liberal mouthpiece? Even found an Australian link for you.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/o ... on/7668674
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Thunder1 » July 17th 2017, 4:57pm

Good evening, Mort..hope all is well for both you and yours..no, you didn’t ask for an apology the other day..I had feared that you might have been offended by some of my remarks and wanted you to know that they were intended not to be taken as a personal affront. But yes, I do think that the tone of your exchange w/ Beds in a previous posting needlessly diluted, and hence detracted from, the import of your arguments.

It is true that both the SNL & late night talk shows of that era feasted upon Palin’s public gaffs..and the 2012 movie ‘Game Change’ did much the same..but weren’t they all just highlighting the statements she made to the public, to fellow politicos, and to the media? What was wrong with the media, or the entertainment industry, exposing her positions to further public scrutiny? And no, George Will/Bill Krystol continue to stand as beacons for their conservative movement. Will has been a longtime columnist for the WSJ and a reliable panelist on the Fox TV news programs..well, at least until he began to distance himself from the Trump campaign…and Krystol’s ‘The Weekly Standard’ continues on. Me thinks you’re throwing these 2 respected conservative stalwarts ‘under the bus’ for having the gumption to draw attention to their perception of Trump’s failings..

Mort, If you’re criticizing the ‘methods’ of the Women’s Marches, then you’re criticizing the vocalization of their righteous indignation. Don’t you find it ironic that you’re blaming these women for voicing their contempt for Trump’s behavior in a possibly bawdy manner, yet providing Trump himself a ‘free pass’ for his documented vulgarity?..somehow, the American people are supposed to forgive Trump for boasting that it is O.K. to ‘grab women by the p---y’, but condemn women for demonstrating their opposition to his behavior in an uninhibited(in your view) manner?...you’re more concerned with what young kids will say when they see the headgear that some of the marchers wore than you are, say, should the kids ask, what Trump means by ‘grabbing women by the p---y’?

[font=comic sans ms][color=navy][size=100]Krystol and Will are not 'true conservatives.' It's true that they often get called that, but it's almost always by some lefty who trots them out as the 'true voices of conservatism.' But that's only because they say nasty things about the people the left despises. Trust me when I tell you that Will and Krystol DO NOT speak for true conservatives any more than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for the black community.

Yes, I consider the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson to be respected spokesmen for many black people. Yes, I feel that Will and Krystol are respected spokesmen for many conservatives, as well.

I agree that the results of the 2016 presidential election served as an instrument to amplify the disenchantment many Republican voters have had with their previous candidates/administrations. But considering Trump’s privileged background and his inability to articulate the specifics of a domestic or foreign policy agenda, I admit to my inability to appreciate how you or most of the American middle class could feel that he ‘shares your goals’.

At the heart of much of what ails many of America’s cities is the ‘white flight’ exodus to the suburbs of the 1950s-60s...the departure of many middle class residents accelerated the decay and decline of the tax bases of many cities(Detroit immediately comes to mind)..and with this flight went many jobs and small business opportunities.
This diminished tax base, coupled with financial neglect at the state levels, resulted in cut-backs for public schooling, for infrastructure improvements, and their maintenance. Other factors are of import, I’m sure.
Last edited by Thunder1 on July 17th 2017, 6:13pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Tzimisces » July 17th 2017, 5:03pm

bedlam wrote:

You overestimate Sanders' popularity.

Or, to put it another way, Clinton won the popular vote. :mrgreen:
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby jaw » July 17th 2017, 5:11pm

WADR Mort, I believe your BS-Detector is due for a check-up regarding Trump.
Last edited by jaw on July 17th 2017, 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Postby tiktok » July 17th 2017, 5:18pm

If only I could fly...
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » July 17th 2017, 5:24pm

Let's make America great again for fuck sake.....
“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine…”
eddiea
Founding Member - WIS

Postby tiktok » July 17th 2017, 5:41pm

She does resemble ivanka.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 5:47pm

Mark1 wrote:
bedlam wrote:

Well, if it's double-speak it's what Obama said. Who better qualified as a liberal mouthpiece? Even found an Australian link for you.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/o ... on/7668674

Obama supported Clinton because she ran on carrying on his policies, while Sanders was an outsider looking to shake the elities up. Dem elitist idealougues were submarining Sanders while the DNC and Obama completely misread the electorate and campaign climate, particularly once Trump won the GOP nomination, just as Obama'd misread many issues during his presidency; perhaps the worst of all, his impotent early response to the Russians manipulating the election.

One thing I agree with Trump about is that Obama initially laid low because he didn't believe that Trump had a snowball's chance in hell of winning, and was more concerned with his legacy, and how being aggressive on the issue would be perceived by voters and used by the Trump campaign than he was about taking care of business until late in the campaign, too late. I think Obama's self and Dem-elitist serving endorsement of Clinton, and his overall management of the Russian incursion into the election will be harshly criticized aspects of the history of his terms. And they should be.

Clinton was never the best candidate, she was only the more qualified of the worst two candidates in American history to run for President.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 17th 2017, 8:02pm

Thunder1 wrote:Good evening, Mort..hope all is well for both you and yours..no, you didn’t ask for an apology the other day..I had feared that you might have been offended by my some of my remarks and wanted you to know that they were intended not to be taken as a personal affront. But yes, I do think that the tone of your exchange w/ Beds in a previous posting needlessly diluted, and hence detracted from, the import of your arguments.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. However, since you weren't a participant in the conversation between beds and I, you're speaking about something about which you know nothing.

Thunder1 wrote:It is true that both the SNL & late night talk shows of that era feasted upon Palin’s public gaffs..and the 2012 movie ‘Game Change’ did much the same..but weren’t they all just highlighting the statements she made to the public, to fellow politicos, and to the media? What was wrong with the media, or the entertainment industry, exposing her positions to further public scrutiny?

What's wrong is that they lied about what she said, and made up these so-called "gaffe's" out of whole cloth. Everything else they merely took out of context. They even shamelessly attacked Mrs. Palin's husband and children. They exposed nothing. You must be so proud of your fellow lefties.

Thunder1 wrote:And no, George Will/Bill Krystol continue to stand as beacons for their conservative movement. Will has been a longtime columnist for the WSJ and a reliable panelist on the Fox TV news programs..well, at least until he began to distance himself from the Trump campaign…and Krystol’s ‘The Weekly Standard’ continues on. Me thinks you’re throwing these 2 respected conservative stalwarts ‘under the bus’ for having the gumption to draw attention to their perception of Trump’s failings..

I'm sorry, but you don't get to pick who our spokespeople are; Will and Kristol are both fringe elements to the vast majority of conservatives; the fact that you lavish so much love on them merely proves my point. If they are "beacons" for any conservative movement, it's the one the left wishes they could force upon us. Sorry; not buying it, because methinks that I am the foremost authority on what my own opinion is, despite your attempts to make it seem otherwise. Again, you don't get to cherry-pick the conservatives you like and tell us that we have to respect them. Go ahead and keep reading Kristol's rag; we'll keep lining the bottom of our bird cages with it.

Thunder1 wrote:Mort, If you’re criticizing the ‘methods’ of the Women’s Marches, then you’re criticizing the vocalization of their righteous indignation. Don’t you find it ironic that you’re blaming these women for voicing their contempt for Trump’s behavior in a possibly bawdy manner, yet providing Trump himself a ‘free pass’ for his documented vulgarity?..somehow, the American people are supposed to forgive Trump for boasting that it is O.K. to ‘grab women by the p---y’, but condemn women for demonstrating their opposition to his behavior in an uninhibited(in your view) manner?...you’re more concerned with what young kids will say when they see the headgear that some of the marchers wore than you are, say, should the kids ask, what Trump means by ‘grabbing women by the p---y’?

I see; Trump's use of the word PUSSY is "documented vulgarity." The PUSSY-hat wearers are merely "bawdy." Typical lefty hypocrisy and pure, unadulterated bullshit. You insult the intelligence of everyone who reads this thread with assertions like that. And you're so PC that you can't get any closer to the word than "p---y." It would be funny if it weren't so otherwise pathetic.

Thunder1 wrote:Yes, I consider the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson to be respected spokesmen for many black people. Yes, I feel that Will and Krystol are respected spokesmen for many conservatives, as well.

I don't like to make things personal here, but your ignorance is simply breathtaking. Only someone who is completely devoid of understanding about conservatism would make such an affirmation. I don't know whether to laugh or laugh hysterically. However, as I said before, your side doesn't get to pick who we listen to, anymore than you get to pick our candidates for us.

Thunder1 wrote:I agree that the results of the 2016 presidential election served as an instrument to amplify the disenchantment many Republican voters have had with their previous candidates/administrations. But considering Trump’s privileged background and his inability to articulate the specifics of a domestic or foreign policy agenda, I admit to an inability to appreciate how you or most of the American middle class could feel that he ‘shares your goals’.

Of course you don't appreciate it. You're too busy trying to find something, anything you can pin on Mr. Trump because you can't accept the fact that he won the election. You'd rather believe that the Russians hacked into America's hundreds of thousands of stand-alone voting machines and thousands of incompatible systems to somehow influence the outcome of a nationwide election halfway around the globe.

Thunder1 wrote:At the heart of much of what ails many of America’s cities is the ‘white flight’ exodus to the suburbs of the 1950s-60s...the departure of many middle class residents accelerated the decay and decline of the tax bases of many cities(Detroit immediately comes to mind)..and with this flight went many jobs and small business opportunities.
This diminished tax base, coupled with financial neglect at the state levels, resulted in cut-backs for public schooling, for infrastructure improvements, and their maintenance. Other factors are of import, I’m sure.

I see. Blame the evil, white middle class people. Got it. That glib little answer was too smart by a factor of 10. The answer lay in the corruptness of the democrat city officials who, instead of using the vast federal funds at their disposal to create better schools, build enterprise zones and promulgate tax breaks for minority-owned businesses, instead lined their own pockets and those of their cronies so that they would never have to fear any genuine opposition in the marketplace of ideas.

There was a time when we conservatives went along to get along, but in the end lost everything over and over to an opponent who wasted no opportunity to lie to and about us, because they wanted to win more than anything. Well, now we're the ones who will give no quarter and pass up no opportunity to win, because the very life of this country is at stake. Go ahead, keep believing that Kristol and Will are the twin messiah's of modern conservatism; the very fact that you put them in the same category as Jackson and Sharpton is just too delicious an irony not to take advantage of.

All of you geniuses laughed when Trump declared his candidacy, and you all nodded in unison and chuckled together, saying, "Trump will never get the nomination." And then, when he did get the nomination, you all harrumphed in unison and sagely declared, "Trump will never win the presidency." And when he did, your side tried to claim interference from a foreign country, because the truth was just too difficult to contemplate: America is sick of all the lefty bullshit. Your side will do anything, say anything and accuse anybody of anything to overturn a fairly conducted and handily won election, simply because you don't like the results. The will of the people be damned. And the Constitution be damned, as well.

You gave all of your corrupt and criminal 'leaders' a pass, but you wet your didies like little babies and cry foul when you perceive that we're doing the same thing, when in truth, we're not giving anyone a pass. The simple fact remains that you've proven nothing of your allegations about Trump, other than his use of the word PUSSY. Big fucking whoop. He used the word PUSSY...
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby Mortuus » July 17th 2017, 8:38pm

jaw wrote:WADR Mort, I believe your BS-Detector is due for a check-up regarding Trump.

Perhaps. But I won't find him guilty of something without proof, either.
Mortuus
ASSHAT

PreviousNext

Return to Anything and Everything Else