Review - Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT SBGC221

Review - Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT SBGC221

Postby Racer-X » July 15th 2017, 7:52pm

by Angus Davies "The Japanese have a rich history of artisanal crafts dating back hundreds of years. Samurai swords and silk kimonos are just two examples of this nation’s prowess for craftsmanship. The new Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT SBGC221 also harnesses much artisanal skill.

Last year, Grand Seiko unveiled both GMT and Chronograph GMT models, delivered in high-intensity titanium and zirconia ceramic. This year the Japanese brand has unveiled three new Chronograph GMT models, all of which feature ‘hybrid titanium-ceramic bracelet construction’."

Article at Escapement

Photo credit EscapementMagazine
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Review - Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT SBGC22

Postby conjurer » July 15th 2017, 8:07pm

Very nice, but I'd opt for a Daytona. The reason? A Grand Seiko is unlikely to get your dick sucked.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby bedlam » July 15th 2017, 8:54pm

Not a fan of the borders on the subdials of the Daytona. This is a much cleaner look.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby tiktok » July 15th 2017, 9:30pm

Would still like power reserve moved to case back but once again GS takes another material, ceramic, and does their magic. Prices keep climbing but the AD always has a waiting list for more than they can handle
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby tiktok » July 15th 2017, 9:30pm

Would still like power reserve moved to case back but once again GS takes another material, ceramic, and does their magic. Prices keep climbing but the AD always has a waiting list for more than they can handle
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Seiko and Citizen