Cosby

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other

Cosby

Postby Ofcmark » June 17th 2017, 8:03am

After 52 hours of deliberation the judge has declared a mistrial.
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Re: Cosby

Postby conjurer » June 17th 2017, 8:58am

A weak case, a weak witness. I personally think Cosby is guilty as sin, but I don't have to argue it in court.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Luftwafflles » June 17th 2017, 9:19am

I think he's guilty as hell too. But the guy is 80 years old, and half blind. Not many juries are going to be unanimous about sending him to prison. Even if he got five years, it would be a life sentence. Not defending his actions, but most, if not all, of those women sat on their ass, some for more than 20 years, before complaining. To me, if you want justice, you need to do something immediately.
I woke up this morning to discover a photo of myself sleeping. I live alone.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » June 17th 2017, 10:47am

Personally, I think he's innocent until otherwise is proven beyond a reasonable doubt....
“I want to get to Key West and away from it all"…Papa.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby jason_recliner » June 17th 2017, 2:03pm

The guy is a dirty fucking piece of shit and has admitted as much. He would just go into protection in prison. Maybe street justice will catch up with him on the outside.

Street justice is always bloody.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » June 17th 2017, 2:11pm

conjurer wrote:A weak case, a weak witness. I personally think Cosby is guilty as sin, but I don't have to argue it in court.

The parade of accusers coming forward, some, decades after Cosby's alleged criminal behavior, makes their credibility dubious at best in my opinion. I don't know about the other accusers' claims as to what Cosby told them he was giving them, if anything, or if accusers claim to have been slipped a Mickey, or what.

In this case however, District Attornies proximate in time to the alleged offense had previously declined to prosecute Cosby, I believe on at least two prior occasions.

Constand made conflicting statements over time, it would appear, refined to mitigate the unprosecutable status of her allegations based on her prior statements. Despite Constand's highly questionable credibility and motives, the current DA, more than seven years after the fact, made the decision to prosecute.

Constand was given three pills by Cosby that he told her were "three little friends" to help her relax. And she took them. They weren't slipped into a drink, they weren't hidden in food, they weren't described as anything inactive, herbal, or as vitamins. Constand was told the pills were to help her relax, and she took them without asking what they were. The accuser further maintained a relationship with Cosby following the alleged assault, having met and communicated with him a total of 72 times.

Case closed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/entertainment/latest-cosby-jury-review-lawsuit-testimony-article-1.3240752

Parenthetically, Cosby has been overwhelmingly adjudicated to be at best, a scumbag, at worst, a rapist in the court of public opinion. However, the actions of a scumbag frequently don't rise to the level of criminal behavior. The Cosby case, at least thus far, is a good example of how, despite the potential prejudice from an excoriating trial in the court of public opinion, defendants get fair trials regardless in American courts of law where they are procedurally and statutorily insulated form the potential prejudice of mere public opinion.
Last edited by 3Flushes on June 17th 2017, 2:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby eddiea » June 17th 2017, 2:15pm

3Flushes wrote:
conjurer wrote:A weak case, a weak witness. I personally think Cosby is guilty as sin, but I don't have to argue it in court.

The parade of accusers coming forward, some, decades after Cosby's alleged criminal behavior, makes their credibility dubious at best in my opinion. I don't know about the other accusers' claims as to what Cosby told them he was giving them, if anything, or if accusers claim to have been slipped a Mickey, or what.

In this case however, District Attornies proximate in time to the alleged offense had previously declined to prosecute Cosby, I believe on at least two prior occasions.

Constand made conflicting statements over time, it would appear, refined to mitigate the unprosecutable status of her allegations based on her prior statements. Despite Constand's highly questionable credibility and motives, the current DA, more than seven years after the fact, made the decision to prosecute.

Constand was given three pills by Cosby that he told her were "three little friends" to help her relax. And she took them. They weren't slipped into a drink, they weren't hidden in food, they weren't described as anything inactive, herbal, or as vitamins. Constand was told the pills were to help her relax, and she took them without asking what they were. The accuser further maintained a relationship with Cosby following the alleged assault, having met and communicated with him a total of 72 times.

Case closed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/entertainment/latest-cosby-jury-review-lawsuit-testimony-article-1.3240752

Parenthetically, Cosby has been overwhelmingly adjudicated to be at best, a scumbag, at worst, a rapist in the court of public opinion. However, the actions of a scumbag frequently don't rise to the level of criminal behavior. The Cosby case, at least thus far, is a good example of how, despite the potential prejudice from an excoriating trial in the court of public opinion, defendants get fair trials regardless in American courts of law where defendants are procedurally and statutorily insulated form the potential prejudice of mere public opinion.

Yup....
eddiea

Postby abduksion » June 17th 2017, 2:58pm

Look I may not be the smartest one here hell I know I'm not but why would these women
wait over 40+ yrs to come forward?
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
abduksion

Postby biglove » June 17th 2017, 3:49pm

From what I read the jury had stalled out at 10 believing innocent, two stuck on guilty. Sounds like the DA stepped off into a very weak case. Cosby might be a scumbag, swinging dick with a penchant for fucking chicks that were semi-sedated; but, a helluva' long wait for the women to come forth is a tad suspect.

I am thinking the DA had political aspirations and this was going to be the case that set him on his way up?
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Tzimisces » June 17th 2017, 4:31pm

3Flushes wrote:

Case closed.

Parenthetically, Cosby has been overwhelmingly adjudicated to be at best, a scumbag, at worst, a rapist in the court of public opinion. However, the actions of a scumbag frequently don't rise to the level of criminal behavior. The Cosby case, at least thus far, is a good example of how, despite the potential prejudice from an excoriating trial in the court of public opinion, defendants get fair trials regardless in American courts of law where they are procedurally and statutorily insulated form the potential prejudice of mere public opinion.

Like the dipshit who shot Cecil?
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » June 17th 2017, 7:58pm

Tzimisces wrote:
3Flushes wrote:
conjurer wrote:...
Like the dipshit who shot Cecil?

Not at all...that scumbag evaded trial in a court of law. :mrgreen:
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Luftwafflles » June 17th 2017, 11:49pm

I dunno, but to me, even if you take away the whole pill thing, it's like, suppose a woman is in your home, drinks too much, and passes out, or just falls asleep from fatigue. Does that give you the right to take advantage of her?That is the action of a dirt bag with no honor or morals. Even if the woman sheepishly accepts it later, it doesn't change what you did. I do think these women were irresponsible for not taking immediate action, as they could have possibly saved other women from their fate. I just find it unlikely that all sixty women are lying fame seekers. The worse part is that Cosby's wife was in their home on a number of occasions when these claimed incidents happened.
I woke up this morning to discover a photo of myself sleeping. I live alone.

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Wasp » June 18th 2017, 6:37am

I think the man feels guilty. He is struggling with himself over his actions. Guilty or innocent I hope he finds peace.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » June 18th 2017, 7:16am

And now the civil suits will commence. Guilty or not in a criminal court, he will likely lose his ass with all those lawsuits. No need to demonstrate guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in a civil court.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » June 18th 2017, 7:22am

Just like OJ....
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby eddiea » June 18th 2017, 7:26am

Luftwafflles wrote: I do think these women were irresponsible for not taking immediate action, as they could have possibly saved other women from their fate. I just find it unlikely that all sixty women are lying fame seekers.

Not a particular hot dude, these women were after the fame and fortune that came along with the Cosby name , himself a part of Hefner inner circle where sex, drugs and rock and roll was the norm, everyone in the goddamn world knew Bill was a playboy ...finding themselves in compromising situations then go pretending naiveness about Bill's persona is bullshit in my book.
eddiea

Postby bedlam » June 18th 2017, 5:01pm

I see the damage self-entitled pricks can leave in their wake. It can take a life-time for people to get from under the abuse and be willing to face the issue, let alone endure a legal process. He is an abuser at best and probably a rapist. Hopefully shit will come around and he will get whatever he deserves.
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby Falstaff » June 18th 2017, 5:24pm

DA says he's going to retry him.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby AJC » June 19th 2017, 3:29am

In lighter news, if found guilty, there will be an open house next to Falstaff in the Society Hill section of Philadelphia.

Where are they trying him? Norristown?
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » June 19th 2017, 5:13am

AJC wrote:In lighter news, if found guilty, there will be an open house next to Falstaff in the Society Hill section of Philadelphia.

Wrong hill, but yup - Norristown.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby AJC » June 19th 2017, 6:20am

Falstaff wrote:
AJC wrote:In lighter news, if found guilty, there will be an open house next to Falstaff in the Society Hill section of Philadelphia.

Ah... I know where you are then. I'll leave it at that.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » June 19th 2017, 7:24am

AJC wrote:
Falstaff wrote:

Ah... I know where you are then. I'll leave it at that.

Thank you. I see a Green Spot get-together somewhere in our future. ;)
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Wasp » June 19th 2017, 10:14am

wire palladin
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » June 19th 2017, 11:25am

bedlam wrote:I see the damage self-entitled pricks can leave in their wake. It can take a life-time for people to get from under the abuse and be willing to face the issue, let alone endure a legal process. He is an abuser at best and probably a rapist. Hopefully shit will come around and he will get whatever he deserves.

In no way I'm suggesting the guy is innocent but, presumption of innocence until proven guilty, is the law of the land .. that's why typically I disregard the court of public opinion, proven to be wrong in many, many instances and this been a high profile case? probably not the exception ...
Even though I'm not a christian, I always liked what the Good Book said in Luke 6:37 ....
Last edited by eddiea on June 19th 2017, 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea

Postby BigCheez » June 19th 2017, 2:46pm

I am a Christian, and I hope they find a different, less compromised victim, and if the prosecutor proves the case beyond reasonable doubt, that Cosby is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Next

Return to Anything and Everything Else