Possible Areas Of Economic Growth In The Watch Industry

Possible Areas Of Economic Growth In The Watch Industry

Postby Racer-X » June 18th 2017, 12:26pm

by Ariel Adams "More time than I would like is spent discussing and consulting on business problems in the watch industry. My position as the guy running the big online watch magazine, aBlogtoWatch, offers a lot of broad oversight into various areas of the watch industry and, as such, I am fortunate enough to be in a position to make many conclusions about the industry if I apply enough reasoning to what I observe.

Over the last several years I’ve spent considerable effort doing my best to warn and advise the watch industry on what was causing economic slowdowns as well as offer solutions on how to remedy a lot of the bigger problems the industry faces. The watch industry, probably like most industries, tends to shy away from reports that would be characterized as negative, and so it can often feel like not enough people are listening. Still, when people whose businesses rely on the health of the industry compliment that my writing has helped them, I feel as though it is all worth it. As a refreshing change from all the more critical feedback, I felt it would be a good exercise to focus on some positive areas of the watch industry, and predict likely areas of growth over the next few years."

Article at A Blog To Watch
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 5:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Possible Areas Of Economic Growth In The Watch Industry

Postby Falstaff » June 18th 2017, 1:47pm

Growth areas in the watch industry as denoted by "the guy running the big online watch magazine who is, as such, fortunate enough to be in a position to make many conclusions about the industry if I apply enough reasoning to what I observe"?

"Whichever area that watch manufacturers pay me to shill. Thank you, and you spell it A-r-i-e-l on the cheque"
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » June 18th 2017, 3:09pm

"I ... I've ... My ... I ..."

Real journalists - or, at the very least, real writers - never refer to themselves. Ever. At least, they never used to before this fucking Internet era turned anyone with a laptop into a "journalist." Using "I" to state some sort of opinion isn't writing - it's word processing.

I only read this thread's opener without clicking the link; I can't stomach what obviously is another classic for Father's Day by a guy whose father named him after a TV antenna.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » June 18th 2017, 4:11pm

Started to read it. Couldn't do it.

AA is one seriously self absorbed prick and, at least in his mind, some great prophet of horology. Spare me.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » June 18th 2017, 4:23pm

biglove wrote:Started to read it. Couldn't do it.

AA is one seriously self absorbed prick and, at least in his mind, some great prophet of horology. Spare me.

Truth be told, a certain Donkey, a Mr. BC, is far worse than Mr. AA- and certainly more of a pest than Mr. AA. He describes himself as the "High Priest of Horology", as some newspaper or whatnot once called him. I don't think AA comes even close to that level of conceit, but his editorials are often hard to stomach indeed.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk