An interview with Lord John Vargas - Doxa fame

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches

An interview with Lord John Vargas - Doxa fame

Postby koimaster » May 11th 2015, 12:09pm

• Conversation started Thursday

5/7, 11:46am

Watch Lords
Are the same John Vargas who was at Doxa for awhile?

5/7, 12:12pm

John Vargas
Yes, may I ask why you ask?

5/7, 2:45pm

Watch Lords
lord vargas. I got a lot of static defending you.I posted photos of the walca assembly line in china with doxa watches on them.
• Thursday

5/7, 6:23pm

John Vargas
The name is John. I thank you for defending me.
I appreciate the defense, what happened?
I am just John, I am not one special...just the average guy.
I didn't know anyone was defending me.
• Friday

• 5/7, 6:23pm

John Vargas
The name is John. I thank you for defending me.
I appreciate the defense, what happened?
I am just John, I am not one special...just the average guy.
I didn't know anyone was defending me.
• Friday

5/8, 8:37am

Watch Lords
Yep I defended you after reading some of the stuff at WUS and other forums. Doxa supports several of them and made more than one threat against me and my watch forum http://www.watchlords.com

5/8, 8:38am

Watch Lords
One of the doxa boys even said you were a liar and head case. DX from my forum knew you personally in the past.
• Saturday

5/9, 6:53am

John Vargas
As you know here in the U.S., we have freedom of speech, in Europe they do not (when I am not a 100% sure I preface it with “in my opinion”).
It is quite common for Europeans to threaten to sue for libel and slander.

Bell & Ross stated they were going to sue me when I stated that the D-Day Commemorative Watch for the U.S. Airborne was a tribute to the SS (in WWII the U.S. Airborne did not use the skull and bones as we do today), they demanded that I retract my statement and make a public apology.
This didn't work out to well for Bell & Ross as I told them to sue me, but I had First Amendment protection.
They didn't fair to well since you have to have a DoD license, after you pay the registration fee and sign the paperwork to pay the royalties to the Branch of Service as well as the DoD to use any Branches of the US Military's seals, emblems, logos, slogans, brands or any other related items as they are all trademark protected…

Bell & Ross violated the DoD (Branch of Service) Trademark Licensing Program... for unauthorized use.
Fortunately, for me and most unfortunate for Bell & Ross a friend of mine overseas the entire program and sent them a letter of violation.
Needless to say, I never heard from Bell & Ross again.

Will you provide me the name and date of the person at Doxa who stated I was a liar and a head case to you?

I have read through the forum, I see that you have my name, address, phone number and other personal contact information, will you please deleted all my personal information, such as my address, phone number and any related contact information (throughout the forum), I am not asking to delete the posts, just my personal information.

In addition, I would appreciate if you delete the email subject that has “Lusine” in it and delete the name “Lusine” as that is my ex-wife and she has nothing to do with Doxa.

http://watchlords.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=100

Some of the posts in the above thread are great.
I thought this was very funny…

“Please let me explain the situation before I proceed with commenting the thread publicly.
John Vargas is mentally unstable. His injuries have rendered almost all his vital organs dysfunctional and put him in a long comma, where his brain has suffered and unfortunately, it was permanently damaged. When he started to work for DOXA, we found him very pleasant to deal with until he started building his network of lies. John is a notorious liar and this is to the most extent, a result of his mental disorder. I never heard of a person in my entire life who is able to build such a network of lies around himself and at some time, starts believing them. I have a list of people with a long list of lies they were told by John, usually persons, he would call, brothers or friends. All of them are, although they sometimes find him, a pleasant person to deal with, are sick and tired of his lies. John is not a bad guy or at least, I assume and hope he is isn't, but his mental disorder makes it hard to deal with him. John built his own virtual world and unfortunately, the internet has given him a good soil to do it.

As the information he posted are mostly untrue. I am tempted to reply to his thread but I am not sure yet of whether this is the best way to proceed. I do not know much about your forum and whether the forum members are willing to listen to the truth and the other side of the story.

Rick”
Yes, I was injured in the U.S. Army, but I have never been in a coma…my vital organs still function, as if they didn’t I would not be alive. All my injuries are physical.
This was quite funny to read again as well…I don’t know where pulled this most of this information from other than what has always been on my LinkedIn page, again the rest I don’t know where it came from, which is why I never even responded to them.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-vargas/13/4ba/762

“1. Is your father the largest manufacturer of computer Chips in the world?
2. Is your father really dying of cancer and that is why you wanted the Deco for him?
3. Are you a millionaire as you claimed?
4. Is the story about Lusine true?
5. Is Mr. Whetton your friend as you claimed? he is simply a returning customer according to my database
6. Do you own a Heli and a several Ferraris as you mentioned to me?
7. Do you have a degree in law and PR?
8. Why did you call Vonage to get your line back and did not tell me?
9. Did you get the British customer in jail as you claimed?
10. Did you get Pete a US Visa as you claimed?
11. Are you British lord?
12. Why did you claim DOXA is one of your companies?
13. Why did you misuse my trust and asked me not to correct the customs mistake?
14. Why did you claim the tourbillion watches are for a friend when you have sold 5 of them according to your email? why didn't you tell everyone the truth on the forum about this real reasons why you had to leave DOXA. John, the above are the reasons
15. I bid on a book written by Satan himself for 1.2 millions $
16. Rolex has given me 1 of only 2 books about the company's history
17. I own a fortune 500 company
18. I run a large watch Swiss watch company called DOXA”

The “Lord” portion is something “John P.”, wanted me to use, not me…I have the rank of it, but it is an Honorific and Fraternal Rank, to an Order.
I am also a Freemason, but we just call ourselves “Masons”, I am also a member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shriners, O.E.S…
Many of my “Brother’s”, purchased watches and you when you talk to another Brother in writing you address them as “Brother” or “Bro.”, out of respect, it is the same as when I address another Kentucky Colonel I address them as “Colonel”, regardless of their past military rank.
Regards,
John

Watchlords • View topic - Lets crack this Doxa China Thing
Watchlords - the original and only uncensored watch forum
watchlords.com

• Saturday

5/9, 10:29am

John Vargas
If you don’t mind, I would like to keep all this personal, between us…two gentleman, although I have nothing to hide but I have always enjoyed my privacy.
I won’t say anything negative about Doxa (or any other watch company) all that took place over eight years ago and you nor I cannot change the past and I have moved on.
Regards,
John
• Sunday

5/10, 5:47am

John Vargas
Was this sent to you in 2013? ----------------------- Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 12:19 AM To: help@doxawatches.com Subject: RE: doxa purchase
By the way, who in the heck is lord john vargas? Someone at Watchgeeks posted some letters and photos from him which are off the wall
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
---------- Original Message ---------- From: <help@doxawatches.com> To: <> Subject: RE: doxa purchase Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 04:32:04 +0100 A former DOXA subcontractor in the US, who wanted to damage DOXAs reputation by some naïve assumptions
Kind regards customer service DOXA watches Inc. http://www.doxawatches.com

DOXA WATCHES SWISS MADE WATCHES since 1889 l Clive Cussler Edition | SUB 1200T PROFESSIONAL DIVE...
DOXA WATCHES SWISS MADE WATCHES since 1889. DOXA SUB750T Professional reissue, the world's first orange face dive watch as worn by Clive Cussler, Dirk Pitt and used by the Mike Fletcher's exploration team.
doxawatches.com

• Sunday

5/10, 10:32am

Watch Lords
yes

5/10, 10:44am

John Vargas
Do you have any others?

5/10, 10:59am

Watch Lords
I see. the name is alain

5/10, 10:59am

John Vargas
Nice to meet you Alain.

5/10, 11:00am

Watch Lords
same John

5/10, 11:01am

John Vargas
Thanks.
Is it fun owning a watch forum?

5/10, 11:03am

Watch Lords
why did you put up with the comments made by these doxa folks? And yes but at times tiring. We are adults and the members at the forum are treated as such

5/10, 11:05am

John Vargas
I didn't put up with anything. All of it was laughable.

Watch Lords
yes but they smeared you at numerous forums

John Vargas
My lawyer though it was funny.
The did no real damage.
I do Public Relation for a living.

5/10, 11:06am

Watch Lords
true but the comments from the doxa folks are libel

5/10, 11:07am

John Vargas
In some cases yes, but they are not credible and all disprovable.

5/10, 11:09am

Watch Lords
I just do not like smear tactics by watch companies. We offered $5000 to doxa if they could provide a tape of their Swiss factory. Never saw a tape or photos.

5/10, 11:09am

John Vargas
It is common in CH.
I do not like it either, but in CH there are protected in their cantons.

5/10, 11:10am

Watch Lords
there is no factory as far as anyone can tell.

5/10, 11:10am

John Vargas
No small watch company will show you their facility.

5/10, 11:11am

Watch Lords
Why? It should not be a secret

5/10, 11:11am

John Vargas
CHF is secret.
That is why they are not part of the EU.
You we amazed at some of the companies that have less than 10 employees, but are larger that life names.
Some only have one or two watchmakers at most.

5/10, 11:13am

Watch Lords
well doxa claims their facilities are at a certain location and last year a good friend and collector stopped by there location. Not a factory, just an office

5/10, 11:14am

John Vargas
That is common.

5/10, 11:14am

Watch Lords
I have no issues with the size or amount of employees but if you boast about swiss factories you should have one

5/10, 11:15am

John Vargas
Under CH law they are protected and a factory is a physical location of an office.

5/10, 11:16am

Watch Lords
interesting.

5/10, 11:17am

John Vargas
Many lawsuits have been filed, but the CH government always rules in their favor in court.

5/10, 11:18am

Watch Lords
well as far as I personally go, doxa are Asian made and then finished in the land of cheese

5/10, 11:19am

John Vargas
I personally don't know where they are made.
Many small watch brands are made as OEM watches.

5/10, 11:21am

Watch Lords
doxa to me is a microbrand with fanbois as bad as invicta

5/10, 11:22am

John Vargas
Watches could be made in Timbuktu, but if they meet the requirements of "Swiss" or "Swiss Made", they can use the names according to the CHWF.
Longio Watch Compnay makes "Swiss", watches...some are even "Swiss Made."

5/10, 11:23am

Watch Lords
true but sad. the federation is going to increase the requirements but I doubt things will change

5/10, 11:23am

John Vargas
I have made it simple, I only buy watches with in-house movements with a long history.
They have changed it to a higher percentage if the watch being made in CH.

5/10, 11:24am

Watch Lords
I also keep it simple, I research my watches

5/10, 11:25am

John Vargas
As do i.
I
I only own two or three watches that do not have an in-house movement.

5/10, 11:29am

John Vargas
If the material is stainless surgical grade more than likely it is Asian made for almost all companies.
I have three I believe that are non in-house movement, one is my SINN U-1.
My Russian Federation issued Cosmonaut...
The other is my Mil-Issue Tudor...I generally don't count that one as it was made in 1977.

5/10, 11:33am

John Vargas
My Tudor is all in-house, but it was made for the US under contract.
I am not too sure about my SINN.

5/10, 11:34am

Watch Lords
sinn is german made, they are in house

5/10, 11:34am

John Vargas
And my Fortis, well it was the first issue Russian Federation Contract for Russian Federal Space Agency.
I am not too sure about where the case blank was made.

5/10, 11:35am

Watch Lords
probably the Baltic states

5/10, 11:35am

John Vargas
Most case blanks are not in-house if they have ETA movements.

5/10, 11:37am

John Vargas
https://books.google.com/books?id=QqrcN ... aw&f=false

5/10, 11:37am

Watch Lords
I agree in most cases.
who is Pete and what about that doxa book

5/10, 11:39am

John Vargas
I was asked one time to quire some watch cases for a company, but the blanks were made here in the US. They didn't want Asian made cases.
Never read the book.
Dr. Peter Millar?

5/10, 11:40am

Watch Lords
Fossill makes US cases I think,

5/10, 11:41am

John Vargas
I know he was a chiropractor and I believe he has a Ph.D., in petroleum.
I did not know that about fossil.
Fossil.

5/10, 11:41am

Watch Lords
yes, that is the brand. RGM also

5/10, 11:42am

John Vargas
Roland mills his own cases.
He gets the metal from here in the us from American Foundries.

Watch Lords
yes he does and fairly priced for what they are

5/10, 11:53am

John Vargas
Not bad...

5/10, 11:54am

Watch Lords
better than some watch brands

5/10, 11:55am

John Vargas
I agree.
Bozeman Watch Co., made some nice watches.
But in the price range you are looking at Rolex, JLC and many others...

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: An interview with Lord John Vargas - Doxa fame

Postby conjurer » May 11th 2015, 12:17pm

Interesting. He certainly doesn't sound like a lunatic.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby ocean » May 11th 2015, 2:47pm

Very interesting.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby hcharles » May 11th 2015, 4:49pm

Seems to be level headed, and not some raging lunatic that Doxa tried to make him out to be.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
hcharles
Watchlord WIS

Postby Kahuna74 » May 12th 2015, 5:49am

This was a great read this am. Lot of info there koi.
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 12th 2015, 7:24am

Poor guy was in a long comma
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby jason_recliner » May 12th 2015, 7:43am

I thought RGM uses Fricker cases, at least for the dive watches. I've never seen footage or images of RGM milling cases.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Postby Tzimisces » May 12th 2015, 9:09am

Interesting that "factory" is a physical office location. So, I guess, I could have one bored employee answering phones and claim a Swiss watch factory.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » May 12th 2015, 9:55am

jason_recliner wrote:I thought RGM uses Fricker cases, at least for the dive watches. I've never seen footage or images of RGM milling cases.

Just received a response to my question to them (RGM) about that. They would like to see a link to that discussion so I suppose we should start one. Anyone?

Tzimisces wrote:Interesting that "factory" is a physical office location. So, I guess, I could have one bored employee answering phones and claim a Swiss watch factory.

Strange how that works. A PO Box meets that criteria. There is no Doxa "factory" plain and simple. They are an internet brand just like Invicta. Both have rabid fanbois.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Darksider » July 14th 2016, 9:08am

bump
Darksider
Founder