Orion Calamity

Micro-Brands discussed here

Orion Calamity

Postby koimaster » March 13th 2018, 1:30pm

Nick Harris of Orion Watches is not afraid to go his own way. Modifying Seikos whetted his appetite for horology, inspiring him to launch the Orion Project and to attend watchmaking school. Still a student, he has created the second Orion watch, the refined and decidedly upmarket Calamity. He sent me his blue prototype for review.

Now about that name... Most diving watches are named for seafarers (Submariner), heroic exploits (Sharkhunter), or even the briny depths themselves (Fifty Fathoms), but I am hard pressed to think of one named for disaster. Some would say it tempts fate to wear such a watch. I disagree. Like Nick, I scoff at superstition, but nonetheless, it takes a confident man to market a product called “Calamity.” I mean, there is a certain amount of self-deprecation in the name “The Time Bum” but it’s not like I called my blog “The Unreadable.” Lucky for Nick, the Calamity is anything but. Having worn the watch for a few days now, I can tell you that it is well thought, cleverly designed, and really a delight to wear.

http://www.thetimebum.com/2018/03/orion ... ime+Bum%29

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Re: Orion Calamity

Postby foghorn » March 13th 2018, 1:39pm

"but it’s not like I called my blog “The Unreadable.”

That would be redundant

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
Founding Member - WIS

Return to Micro-Brands