In the mail Twoday!

In the mail Twoday!

Postby foghorn » October 12th 2017, 1:25pm

Over the past month or so I have lightened my watch accumulation by 9 watches. Being a dope I also added a couple, so my total downsize number is 7. (or so)
This one that I got today is one that has had my eye since it was introduced a couple (I think) years ago though it never actually sang to me because,as we all know, that would be ghey!
It was a little expensive for a new venture by a mass producing company and the "in-house" proprietary movement was a crapshoot at the time. I probably had it in one cart or another about a thousand million times but never "pulled the trigger" as they say. Fast forward to now,and after having experienced the STP 1-11 movement in a couple of Zodiacs (very accurate and reliable), coupled with a sales post at TZ for a pre owned version at a decent price I done did the deed.

I like the vintage vibe that radiates from the perfectly proportioned 38 mm case. The gold hi-lites on the indices and hands are a subtle nod to days gone by. The beautiful dial is lovingly protected by a sapphire crystal and a brown leather strap with matching stitching firmly,yet stylishly, keeps the watch affixed to your wrist. Water resistance is an honorable 50 meters for a timepiece of this ilk. Not good for the ocean ,but more than adequate for fishing out wayward change at the bottom of the toilet bowl at Ruth's Chris.
All in all I am very pleased to have another reasonably sized watch in my collection. Visual representations follow.

The tin in which it was delivered.

an unwristed shot. Note that it was made in Swiss

A close up of the dial. Please note that this in not the rare "Tomatic" . It is an automatic but the symbol for gold is hidden by the syringe style minute hand.

Exhibitionist case back for your viewing pleasure as you watch the beating heart,dare I say "soul", of this teeny tiny machine.

Wristed and in the wild

How'z iz the loom?? You ask?? Well here is How'z iz the loom!!!!

10QBD Much
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Re: In the mail Twoday!

Postby horn_doc » October 12th 2017, 1:54pm

Great post! And that is a sharp looking watch Mr Foghorn sir!
horn_doc
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » October 12th 2017, 3:30pm

Nice, I like the raised indices giving it a three dimensional look. Congrats you old Fossil.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby ocean » October 12th 2017, 4:18pm

Nice one.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
ocean
Master of Time

Postby iwasbanned » October 12th 2017, 4:19pm

Nice. Really like the dial and date window.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Postby AntFarm » October 12th 2017, 4:43pm

I like it foggy. Fossil has some nice offerings... As mark said the raised indices and numbers give the dial a really nice look. Is the dial a cream or is it white?
Great read too.
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » October 12th 2017, 5:56pm

I'm being serious about this - this is the first time I've ever seen one of the Swiss-made Fossil automatic models for real. I know of at least three Fossil stores in this area, and not one of them has ever carried them. Go figure.

After looking at your new piece, fog: I'd wear that one for sure. Love how you waited it out before pouncing. That's where the fun is.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » October 12th 2017, 6:36pm

Have looked at numerous Fossil automatics. They appear to be well made and quite reasonably priced.

And 38mm is just right.

Kudos on the nice addition, sir.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » October 12th 2017, 10:14pm

That's all right, goddamn it.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » October 12th 2017, 10:36pm

Fossil must have a great design team. Cool watch.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Return to Your New Watch