Page 1 of 1

Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: November 20th 2016, 11:51am
by Darksider
A forum run by houston, weeson or whomever now gone.


http://watchtalkworld.proboards.com

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: November 20th 2016, 11:59am
by foghorn
I thought it was gone years ago.
It was OK for a short while-anything to get away from the King of Dayton.

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: November 20th 2016, 12:35pm
by BigCheez
I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: November 20th 2016, 5:32pm
by eddiea
Shame....

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: November 20th 2016, 8:25pm
by Mark1
Wasn't that the forum with orange text over a black background? I believe it was also my first exposure to the seedy underbelly of the TV wartch world. At first I thought a lot of the content was satire, not knowing any better at the time. I wish the archives were available for viewing today.

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 9:34am
by koimaster
Mark1 wrote:Wasn't that the forum with orange text over a black background? I believe it was also my first exposure to the seedy underbelly of the TV wartch world. At first I thought a lot of the content was satire, not knowing any better at the time. I wish the archives were available for viewing today.


https://web.archive.org/web/20160219041 ... boards.com


Some topics were archived, just a bit of a search through the topics.

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 10:39am
by bobbee
Ha ha, I thought all Accutronitis' posts were lost forever, but he gets the piss ripped out of him by some members of another forum here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20151030045 ... orn-pilots

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 3:03pm
by boscoe
Was a good diversion from Crown Prince and his religious zealotry.
I haven't even looked for it in eons. Still, sad to see it passed.
Is Best Damn Watch Forum still alive?
And the King's world?

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 3:12pm
by boscoe
BigCheez wrote:I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.


I think Houston got frightened by Lalo and killed it.

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 3:13pm
by foghorn
boscoe wrote:Was a good diversion from Crown Prince and his religious zealotry.
I haven't even looked for it in eons. Still, sad to see it passed.
Is Best Damn Watch Forum still alive?
And the King's world?




The kings world lives on , I think, but without the king.



Pretty sure BDWF still exists, but not like in its heyday

Re: Watch talk world is gone

PostPosted: April 16th 2018, 3:15pm
by koimaster
boscoe wrote:
BigCheez wrote:I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.


I think Houston got frightened by Lalo and killed it.



Nope, they were in violation of some tos from the hosting board. Similar to some forums disappearing from the original WL site after a couple of shills whined about it causing them harm.

In the pdf file is part of several discussions I had with forumotion about deleting forums with prior knowledge or consent. That cannot be done here. We own the software and forum.
Forum deletion warning.pdf



As a side note, the alleged "litigation team" for forumotion is bullshit. They have never to my knowledge reversed course and have managed to destroy years of work by folks because they either get their panties in a bunch or someone else does and reports a forum.