Watch talk world is gone

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines

Watch talk world is gone

Postby Darksider » November 20th 2016, 11:51am

A forum run by houston, weeson or whomever now gone.


http://watchtalkworld.proboards.com
User avatar
Darksider
Founder
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: December 15th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby foghorn » November 20th 2016, 11:59am

I thought it was gone years ago.
It was OK for a short while-anything to get away from the King of Dayton.
Image

I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies.
No anchovies? --- you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger".

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS
 
Posts: 16395
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby BigCheez » November 20th 2016, 12:35pm

I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.
Image
User avatar
BigCheez
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 5475
Joined: May 20th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby eddiea » November 20th 2016, 5:32pm

Shame....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time
 
Posts: 10668
Joined: December 25th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby Mark1 » November 20th 2016, 8:25pm

Wasn't that the forum with orange text over a black background? I believe it was also my first exposure to the seedy underbelly of the TV wartch world. At first I thought a lot of the content was satire, not knowing any better at the time. I wish the archives were available for viewing today.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS
 
Posts: 7511
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby koimaster » April 16th 2018, 9:34am

Mark1 wrote:Wasn't that the forum with orange text over a black background? I believe it was also my first exposure to the seedy underbelly of the TV wartch world. At first I thought a lot of the content was satire, not knowing any better at the time. I wish the archives were available for viewing today.


https://web.archive.org/web/20160219041 ... boards.com


Some topics were archived, just a bit of a search through the topics.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 33687
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby bobbee » April 16th 2018, 10:39am

Ha ha, I thought all Accutronitis' posts were lost forever, but he gets the piss ripped out of him by some members of another forum here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20151030045 ... orn-pilots
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
User avatar
bobbee
Master of Time
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: November 30th 2016, 1:01am

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby boscoe » April 16th 2018, 3:03pm

Was a good diversion from Crown Prince and his religious zealotry.
I haven't even looked for it in eons. Still, sad to see it passed.
Is Best Damn Watch Forum still alive?
And the King's world?
User avatar
boscoe
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby boscoe » April 16th 2018, 3:12pm

BigCheez wrote:I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.


I think Houston got frightened by Lalo and killed it.
User avatar
boscoe
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby foghorn » April 16th 2018, 3:13pm

boscoe wrote:Was a good diversion from Crown Prince and his religious zealotry.
I haven't even looked for it in eons. Still, sad to see it passed.
Is Best Damn Watch Forum still alive?
And the King's world?




The kings world lives on , I think, but without the king.



Pretty sure BDWF still exists, but not like in its heyday
Image

I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies.
No anchovies? --- you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger".

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS
 
Posts: 16395
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Watch talk world is gone

Postby koimaster » April 16th 2018, 3:15pm

boscoe wrote:
BigCheez wrote:I loved TV talk. It was my first real exposure to the full story behind Lalo, Skelton and ShopNBC's bs.

Also, you guys were funny as hell.

Obviously, it's been many years since the site offered that kind of value, but I was glad I found it.


I think Houston got frightened by Lalo and killed it.



Nope, they were in violation of some tos from the hosting board. Similar to some forums disappearing from the original WL site after a couple of shills whined about it causing them harm.

In the pdf file is part of several discussions I had with forumotion about deleting forums with prior knowledge or consent. That cannot be done here. We own the software and forum.
Forum deletion warning.pdf



As a side note, the alleged "litigation team" for forumotion is bullshit. They have never to my knowledge reversed course and have managed to destroy years of work by folks because they either get their panties in a bunch or someone else does and reports a forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 33687
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon


Return to Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests