Glashütte Original Vintage Sixties- the ultimate green dial?

Glashütte Original Vintage Sixties- the ultimate green dial?

Postby Racer-X » April 12th 2018, 6:51pm

by Justin Mastine-Frost "Now a third year into the Sixties series of watches — one that started with a limited production of five colourways of the watch seen here in 2016, and a similar set of colours in a square chronograph for 2017 — Glashütte Original have opted to cut choice out of the equation for Baselworld 2018. A beautifully textured green dial, stamped using vintage dies from the brand’s archives, will be available from boutiques and retailers for a one-year period (rather than being limited to a specific volume of watches). We’ve been seeing green making the rounds of luxury watch brands for a good couple of years now, but with the combination of colour choice, unique texture, and the generally funky ’60s-era vibe to this piece, I can’t help but lock it in as my favourite green dial to date. Now I know a lot of you will want to have my head for not picking the new green-dialled H. Moser Pioneer, but rest assured, it’s a mighty tight race between the two. Vital statistics Depending on the variant, as the new Sixties model is available as either a no-date or Panorama Date configuration, buyers have the option of either a svelte…"

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-on-the-glashutte-original-sixties-the-ultimate-green-dial-of-2018/

Photo credit Time & Tide
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Glashütte Original Vintage Sixties- the ultimate green d

Postby conjurer » April 12th 2018, 7:01pm

The dial looks kinda like somebody vomited on it.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » April 12th 2018, 9:21pm

I suppose if I had to wear a green dial watch I would wear that one if someone sent it to me. Someday I'll own a GO but probably not that one.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby foghorn » April 13th 2018, 4:31am

The 12 looks like fish lips.
I like the green dial but that texture is abhorrent.

I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies.
No anchovies? --- you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger".

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Return to Glashütte Original