Page 1 of 1

Orient Symphony

PostPosted: November 22nd 2017, 4:25pm
by koimaster
On a whim I picked this up at Massdrop to see what an affordable Orient watch was like. Not something I will keep but for the $$$ should be interesting to see what you get. Really looking for a JDM Seiko SARB065 but geez those are a pain to find with the right movement in them.





orient.JPG
Specs

•Orient
•Movement: Orient Cal 48743 21-jewel automatic
•21600 vph
•40-hour power reserve
•No hand-winding capability
•Case material: Stainless steel
•Crystal: Mineral
•Caseback: Display
•Date display
•Case diameter: 41 mm
•Case thickness: 12 mm
•Lug width: 22 mm
•Lug-to-lug: 47 mm
•Water resistance: 50 m (164 ft)

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: November 22nd 2017, 5:22pm
by Thunder1
Sarb067 or Sarb065?

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: November 22nd 2017, 5:45pm
by NorthCountry
I wouldn't be so sure you won't keep it. Granted it ain't Star quality but for the money Orient produces a damn honest watch. So, congratulations but dibs if you want to sell. :)

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: November 22nd 2017, 6:30pm
by Racer-X
Thunder1 wrote:Sarb067 or Sarb065?


Yeah, not seeing an 067.

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: November 23rd 2017, 12:05am
by koimaster
Thunder1 wrote:Sarb067 or Sarb065?



Sarb065

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 6th 2017, 11:11am
by koimaster
NorthCountry wrote:I wouldn't be so sure you won't keep it. Granted it ain't Star quality but for the money Orient produces a damn honest watch. So, congratulations but dibs if you want to sell. :)


shipped to me today.

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 6th 2017, 12:01pm
by Racer-X
koimaster wrote: Really looking for a JDM Seiko SARB065 but geez those are a pain to find with the right movement in them.


There are two movements in the SARB065? Or are you referring to the new Cocktail time models?

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 6th 2017, 12:15pm
by koimaster
Racer-X wrote:
koimaster wrote: Really looking for a JDM Seiko SARB065 but geez those are a pain to find with the right movement in them.


There are two movements in the SARB065? Or are you referring to the new Cocktail time models?


I have this one

Image

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 6th 2017, 11:31pm
by conjurer
koimaster wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:I wouldn't be so sure you won't keep it. Granted it ain't Star quality but for the money Orient produces a damn honest watch. So, congratulations but dibs if you want to sell. :)


shipped to me today.


I shall look forward to your impressions. From what I can see, there ain't nothing wrong with this watch.

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 7th 2017, 9:04am
by TemerityB
conjurer wrote:
koimaster wrote:
NorthCountry wrote:I wouldn't be so sure you won't keep it. Granted it ain't Star quality but for the money Orient produces a damn honest watch. So, congratulations but dibs if you want to sell. :)


shipped to me today.


I shall look forward to your impressions. From what I can see, there ain't nothing wrong with this watch.


Or virtually every Orient, for that matter - with the notable exception of the "Three Star" series, which is to 2017 what Cantinflas is to cutting-edge comedy.

Re: Orient Symphony

PostPosted: December 18th 2017, 12:37pm
by koimaster
Will be putting this one for sale