Orient Saturation Diver - a Marinemaster killer?

Orient Saturation Diver - a Marinemaster killer?

Postby koimaster » May 3rd 2018, 10:29am

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Orient Saturation Diver - a Marinemaster killer?

Postby conjurer » May 3rd 2018, 3:00pm

This guy will change his tune the first time he takes down a door jamb.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » May 3rd 2018, 4:50pm

conjurer wrote:This guy will change his tune the first time he takes down a door jamb.

Harharhar-yew do'nt knot even no howe to spel jam!! There is'nt no B in that werd yew damb fool!!

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby bedlam » May 3rd 2018, 5:26pm

conjurer wrote:This guy will change his tune the first time he takes down a door jamb.

I have a lot of time for the Sat Diver. Its easily the best dive watch per dollar you can buy.

Its built for the job though, if you don't dive your not going to realise how good a watch this is. In the water nothing I have ever worn comes close - its perfect.

But be prepared to repair the occassional doorway :-)
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 3rd 2018, 5:31pm

bedlam wrote:

I have a lot of time for the Sat Diver. Its easily the best dive watch per dollar you can buy.

Its built for the job though, if you don't dive your not going to realise how good a watch this is. In the water nothing I have ever worn comes close - its perfect.

But be prepared to repair the occassional doorway :-)

Indeed. I so wanted to love the OS that I bought two; it's just over that fine line of unwearable. It's one of those watches that you just want to pick up, set and wind once in awhile--the craftsmanship on it is so amazing.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 3rd 2018, 5:32pm

foghorn wrote:

Harharhar-yew do'nt knot even no howe to spel jam!! There is'nt no B in that werd yew damb fool!!

juan Knight i george Wendt two the Deef komedy Jamb. it Wass funney & maid Me laff Harde.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AlbertaTime » May 3rd 2018, 7:19pm

I thought all even moderately experienced watch wearers automatically walk with the watch hand slightly behind and in to the body when walking down anywhere even slightly confined??

It's a tell. ;)
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 3rd 2018, 8:25pm

AlbertaTime wrote:

I thought all even moderately experienced watch wearers automatically walk with the watch hand slightly behind and in to the body when walking down anywhere even slightly confined??

It's a tell. ;)

One would think! However, the OS, while not inordinately huge in most dimensions, is over 16mm high off the wrist, and I was forever banging the thing around like the SLA after they kidnapped Patty Hearst. I recall once, at work, I reached down to grab a book off the shelf for a customer, and dragged the edge of the bezel across the bottom of the next shelf up; I handed the book to the customer and glanced at the time, and found a whole bunch of splintered wood stuck in the teeth of the bezel--the OS had literally gouged them out of the wooden shelf. I dusted the watch off, clearing the wood debris, and found that the watch had not suffered a bit.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Orient