The Metropolitan by Ayers Watches

Watches and such at Kickstarter.

The Metropolitan by Ayers Watches

Postby koimaster » April 14th 2018, 10:22pm

Our home in Australia is the old Victoria Police Headquarters conversion – Melbourne’s highest freestanding example of the art deco skyscraper style. The design of The Metropolitan is a nod to Melbourne’s many amazing Art Deco buildings.

Now living in Hong Kong, our night sky is filled with the glow of neon. There’s a buzzing energy here, and the full-face lume of the Metropolitan captures this energy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gl ... term=ayers

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: The Metropolitan by Ayers Watches

Postby conjurer » April 14th 2018, 11:14pm

It's interesting to see something that fucking ghey coming out of Australia.
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby foghorn » April 15th 2018, 4:46am

Even if I liked this watch,which I do not(too big and meh design), I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole based solely on the pure bullshit that they wrote to sell it.The only reason they left Australia is probably because Toby and Carl stuck boomeangs up their asses, smeared them with Vegemite and set them adrift in the Coral Sea .

I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies.
No anchovies? --- you've got the wrong man. I spell my name "Danger".

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby smellody » April 15th 2018, 5:51am

conjurer wrote:It's interesting to see something that fucking ghey coming out of Australia.

I am not surprised.

smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 15th 2018, 7:04am

conjurer wrote:It's interesting to see something that fucking ghey coming out of Australia.

Reading between the lines, it's more from Hong Kong than Australia. Still, I agree it's fucking ghey - should be called the Metrosexual rather than the Metropolitan.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » April 15th 2018, 8:14am

The blue dialed one would be hard to read with the design and hand colors. Finest materials available-they are using stainless steel people-who does that? Everybody does that. The watch isn't really so bad but the hyperventilating hyperbole used to dress up these kickstart specials is so predictable it's laughable to anyone who knows anything about wartches. I suppose anyone with any insight into a product or industry would react with the same skepticism whereas the average consumer may think they are buying into something truly unique or special.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby conjurer » April 15th 2018, 8:28am

Mark1 wrote:The blue dialed one would be hard to read with the design and hand colors. Finest materials available-they are using stainless steel people-who does that? Everybody does that. The watch isn't really so bad but the hyperventilating hyperbole used to dress up these kickstart specials is so predictable it's laughable to anyone who knows anything about wartches. I suppose anyone with any insight into a product or industry would react with the same skepticism whereas the average consumer may think they are buying into something truly unique or special.

And ghey!!
My horse, Dobby, was my big present

--Smellody

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to Kickstarter/Crowd Funding Projects