Military dogs recognized for their service with Medal of Cou

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends

Military dogs recognized for their service with Medal of Cou

Postby Thunder1 » October 12th 2017, 11:52am

Hmm, no Frenchies made this list?

Military dogs recognized for their service with Medal of Courage awards

Hundreds of military dogs are deployed overseas to help the United States military. Many put themselves in harm's way to protect the men and women who follow them into combat. To honor their service to their country, five canine veterans will receive the American Humane Lois Pope LIFE K-9 Medal of Courage on Wednesday.

"She was always with me side by side. My mentality was I needed her just as much as she needed me. She's going to get me through. I'm going to get her through," said Army Sgt. James Bennett. He served with Coffee, a chocolate labrador retriever, by his side for almost 10 years.

They did three tours in Afghanistan where Coffee was an explosive detections dog, sniffing out bombs and facing danger head on as the unit's first line of defense, reports CBS News correspondent Chip Reid.

"She's never lost a soldier, ever. We've never had to go anywhere and say, OK, something happened. She's never lost anybody," James said.
He said Coffee's work saved a lot of lives and that she came under fire "too many times."
"There's been several instances where she was targeted," he said.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/military-d ... r-service/
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Military dogs recognized for their service with Medal of

Postby Falstaff » October 12th 2017, 1:17pm

Well earned. Medals are small enough reward for their courage and loyalty. Dogs, especially military service dogs, don't ask why or where - they just get down to business.
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Re: Military dogs recognized for their service with Medal of

Postby TemerityB » October 12th 2017, 6:33pm

Falstaff wrote:Well earned. Medals are small enough reward for their courage and loyalty. Dogs, especially military service dogs, don't ask why or where - they just get down to business.

My heroes. Seriously. After 9/11 here (and to be honest, since I met my wife), I've had a special spot in my heart for service dogs, police and military dogs, assistance dogs, therapy dogs, you name it. We here in this household support and continue to support a few of the people who help make it all happen, who train these animals to be not only of service, but to be incredible companions. Those folks are my heroes, too.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to Pet World