CLERC Hydroscaph H1 Watch Review

CLERC Hydroscaph H1 Watch Review

Postby George the Fart Guy » March 8th 2016, 10:09am

During my 9 years of service to the community as a police officer, I have often said to myself, “I never thought I’d be doing this when I went through the academy.” My career has blessed me with many “firsts,” and the staff at CLERC offered me yet another first: protecting the streets of a small Texas town with a CLERC Hydroscaph H1 strapped to my wrist. Within no time, the H1 found itself covered in mud, sweat, rain, blood and even tears; all of which were met with unshakable confidence, strength and grace, as if this timepiece had found its purpose. A purpose to “be more” than it was designed for. And for two weeks, the CLERC was not only a watch I had been provided to test out, but instead it became a faithful partner.

CLERC, which is pronounced ‘Claire’ (silent second C), was founded in 1874, and since its inception, the brand has prided itself in developing timepieces that are as unique as those that have adorned them. The Hydroscaph H1 is no exception, as its styling and design is a welcomed departure from the sport watch norm.

CLERC Hydroscaph H1 Specs:
•Case Diameter: 48mm
•Bezel Diameter: 43.8mm
•Case Height: 15.5 mm
•Lug Size: 20mm
•Lug to Lug: 51mm to 56.5mm due to articulating lugs
•Strap: Vulcanized Rubber
•Movement: COSC C609 Automatic (28,800 BPH)
•Crystal: Glare-Proofed Sapphire Crystal
•Water Resistance: 500m/ 1640ft
•Retail Price: $5,900.00 USD

The H1 arrived timely at my doorstep, and it was very well packaged to say the least. While the exterior was the commonplace brown box, ‘the goods’ were wrapped, wrapped and then wrapped again to ensure that the box’s contents would travel safely nestled in hundreds of cushiony pockets of air. As my excitement grew, so did the fervor in which I attacked the unboxing of a timepiece I could only have dreamt of wearing. After setting the bubble wrap aside for future enjoyment, I located a square matte black box with the CLERC logo, Genève and the brands birthdate embossed at its center. Within the box, a two-piece hinged wooden box emerged, and at its center, the CLERC logo, only this time it was bigger than life. With the push of a button, the latch gave way and the blue dialed CLERC Hydroscaph H1 appeared. Undoubtedly a dive watch, but it was funky, cool, and unlike anything I had ever seen. The smell of the vulcanized rubber strap saturated my immediate space; a smell that would continue to liven my senses, even when my on-the-job surroundings did their best to override them in the most nauseating of ways.

Every aspect of the box screamed ‘quality,’ and as a standalone object, it could be a review unto itself.

http://watchreport.com/clerc-hydroscaph ... ch-review/

fishy review -

viewtopic.php?f=172&t=29037
George the Fart Guy
Senior Member & WIS

Re: CLERC Hydroscaph H1 Watch Review

Postby Tzimisces » March 8th 2016, 11:21am

That's the gheyest thing I've ever seen, and I once went to a San Francisco bath house.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Falstaff » March 8th 2016, 1:29pm

George the Fart Guy wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuJ47d_Q0Po[/youtube]

During my 9 years of service to the community as a police officer, I have often said to myself, “I never thought I’d be doing this when I went through the academy.” My career has blessed me with many “firsts,” and the staff at CLERC offered me yet another first: protecting the streets of a small Texas town with a CLERC Hydroscaph H1 strapped to my wrist. Within no time, the H1 found itself covered in mud, sweat, rain, blood and even tears; all of which were met with unshakable confidence, strength and grace, as if this timepiece had found its purpose. A purpose to “be more” than it was designed for. And for two weeks, the CLERC was not only a watch I had been provided to test out, but instead it became a faithful partner.

CLERC, which is pronounced ‘Claire’ (silent second C), was founded in 1874, and since its inception, the brand has prided itself in developing timepieces that are as unique as those that have adorned them. The Hydroscaph H1 is no exception, as its styling and design is a welcomed departure from the sport watch norm.

CLERC Hydroscaph H1 Specs:
•Case Diameter: 48mm
•Bezel Diameter: 43.8mm
•Case Height: 15.5 mm
•Lug Size: 20mm
•Lug to Lug: 51mm to 56.5mm due to articulating lugs
•Strap: Vulcanized Rubber
•Movement: COSC C609 Automatic (28,800 BPH)
•Crystal: Glare-Proofed Sapphire Crystal
•Water Resistance: 500m/ 1640ft
•Retail Price: $5,900.00 USD

The H1 arrived timely at my doorstep, and it was very well packaged to say the least. While the exterior was the commonplace brown box, ‘the goods’ were wrapped, wrapped and then wrapped again to ensure that the box’s contents would travel safely nestled in hundreds of cushiony pockets of air. As my excitement grew, so did the fervor in which I attacked the unboxing of a timepiece I could only have dreamt of wearing. After setting the bubble wrap aside for future enjoyment, I located a square matte black box with the CLERC logo, Genève and the brands birthdate embossed at its center. Within the box, a two-piece hinged wooden box emerged, and at its center, the CLERC logo, only this time it was bigger than life. With the push of a button, the latch gave way and the blue dialed CLERC Hydroscaph H1 appeared. Undoubtedly a dive watch, but it was funky, cool, and unlike anything I had ever seen. The smell of the vulcanized rubber strap saturated my immediate space; a smell that would continue to liven my senses, even when my on-the-job surroundings did their best to override them in the most nauseating of ways.

Every aspect of the box screamed ‘quality,’ and as a standalone object, it could be a review unto itself.

http://watchreport.com/clerc-hydroscaph ... ch-review/

fishy review -

http://watchlords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=29037

"The smell of the vulcanized strap saturated my immediate space; a smell that would continue to enliven my senses...."

Creepy.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MAX » March 9th 2016, 6:49am

well, at least I learned how to pronounce the name.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."
MAX
Founding Member

Postby foghorn » March 9th 2016, 7:01am

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Tzimisces » March 9th 2016, 7:07am

Clercabell looks like he might smell of vulcanized rubber as well.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby koimaster » August 18th 2017, 9:01am

:twisted:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder