New Renato Swiss Cheese Model Line

watches we all can afford

Re: New Renato Swiss Cheese Model Line

Postby TemerityB » May 15th 2017, 7:01am

Bumped, given recent events. Wow - what a freakin' hilarious thread this was. Miss a couple of contributors as well, dang it.
Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » May 15th 2017, 7:37am

codguy wrote:Renato- still a joke

Over four years ago and I still stick to that ^ post!

I don't care about pollution, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy- The Who
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » May 15th 2017, 9:03am

kevco wrote:[Avi? As overstyled as the watches themselves. Would like to see her without all the make-up and hear her speak without the carefully studied and practiced diction. clothing on and spread out nude to explain to us all of her moving parts and their functions..

Fixed it for you. :D

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby eddiea » May 15th 2017, 10:37am

koimaster wrote:
kevco wrote:[Avi? As overstyled as the watches themselves. Would like to see her without all the make-up and hear her speak without the carefully studied and practiced diction. clothing on and spread out nude to explain to us all of her moving parts and their functions..

Nothing "over-styled" about Avi Mr Kevco.....
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby AJC » June 22nd 2017, 5:17pm

One hundred and sixty-seven Renatoes.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » June 22nd 2017, 6:33pm

Hey now - isn't the watch in ChronoMatt's post the same one that Ghostly & Gabby just tried to sell on their TAW failed experiment? If so, that means those suckers laid around somewhere for at least four years before a couple of doomed-to-life TV watch hoarders finally bought a couple.

I might be wrong but either way, there's nothing funnier than watching the dregs of cheapjack watchdom go swirlin' down the loo.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » June 22nd 2017, 6:49pm

I myself kind of miss the old Renatoe shows on the ex-Shop. Personally, I wouldn't want to be found dead in a ditch wearing a Renatoe, but Daniel Mink, aka the Minkster, aka La Mink, aka Violent Homeboy, aka Billy Smith's Favorite Pump, was easily the greasiest motherfucker to ever flog wartches from the Florida Wartche Triangle.

There wear some others who were damned near as greasy, like Alon Nisimov, who sold Adee Kaye, certainly looked like a Marseilles pimp who stashed a straight razor in his pointy-toe shoe. And of course there's Eyal, who is about as greasy as they come. But neither could hold a candle to La Mink, who exuded such Wagerian greasi-osity that he put them all to shame.

The old Renatoes must have been really something to sell so well; I recall watching La Mink, tightly buttoned into a shiny suit, squirming uncomfortably as Jawbone Skelton passed gas and told inane jokes. I thought at the time Who the fuck would buy anything from this guy? He's so fucking greasy that he makes Manuel Norriega look like George Will.

Later on, after he failed in the wartche business--something that's pretty difficult, considering Mongo's still in it--he inexplicably changed his look from Sinaloa cartel lawyer to corner-boy-tough-guy, complete with watch cap and stubble. Ah, those were the days!
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » June 23rd 2017, 12:37am

conjurer wrote:
Later on, after he failed in the wartche business--something that's pretty difficult, considering Mongo's still in it--he inexplicably changed his look from Sinaloa cartel lawyer to corner-boy-tough-guy, complete with watch cap and stubble. Ah, those were the days!

He didn't just fail at the watch business, his father handed him a successful and mildly respected watch company. He just had to show up and keep doing what had been done. But noooooo, not Minky, he had to up the sizes, go with bling and overkill design the heck out of them until they were a joke and there was nothing left. It's like he purposely killed his watch company, you couldn't hire a professional to kill it any better or quicker than he did.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 23rd 2017, 9:51pm

svaglic wrote:
conjurer wrote:

He didn't just fail at the watch business, his father handed him a successful and mildly respected watch company. He just had to show up and keep doing what had been done. But noooooo, not Minky, he had to up the sizes, go with bling and overkill design the heck out of them until they were a joke and there was nothing left. It's like he purposely killed his watch company, you couldn't hire a professional to kill it any better or quicker than he did.

Mink had a freakin' Oprah plaudit - when she was at the height of her popularity, even - about a women's watch, and he had no idea what to do with it; instead, he just kept churning out the 55mm "handmade" quartz stuff. Ever see a men's Renato in the wild? The things are like punishment to wear; they're so large that even when sized perfectly, they're too big.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » June 23rd 2017, 11:11pm

TemerityB wrote:
svaglic wrote:
conjurer wrote:

Mink had a freakin' Oprah plaudit - when she was at the height of her popularity, even - about a women's watch, and he had no idea what to do with it; instead, he just kept churning out the 55mm "handmade" quartz stuff. Ever see a men's Renato in the wild? The things are like punishment to wear; they're so large that even when sized perfectly, they're too big.

Interestingly, I did see a guy wearing a Renatoe once. I was working at a store up north, near Sea-Tac Airport, and an elderly Asian guy came in wearing it. It was a Triceratops-Orca-Beast-Whatever the fuck, I don't recall--this was five, six years ago, possibly more. The guy saw the watch I was wearing (I don't recall which one, either--it might have been my old Orient OS300, because it was pretty big, and he noticed it.) He said something like, "I like big watches, too!" and proudly showed off his Renatoe, which I do remember as being gold-plated, and not too well; it was flaking like lead paint on a tenement building. Of course, it looked absurd. The guy was a good three or four inches shorter than me, and I ain't tall. The wartche looked like a manhole cover on his tiny wrist.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mortuus » June 24th 2017, 12:43am

koimaster wrote:

Be sure you wear a Swiss rubber...just in case.
In Memoriam ~ BDWF ~ Riposa en Pace
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 9:22am

I dunno, Stallone would look good wearing them
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 9:27am

I mean some rich tasteless people still keep Hublot and Jacob & co and Richard Mille in business
PiningforElgin

Postby bobbee » July 21st 2017, 10:52am

I saw this in a jeweler's in Nottingham while out with SWMBO.
Richard Mille RM 60-01 Regatta Flyback Chrono. The asking price was £40,000, I think these were over £100,000 when they first came out three years ago.
Sorry about the crap pic, it was very sunny.

"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 21st 2017, 7:58pm

bobbee wrote:I saw this in a jeweler's in Nottingham while out with SWMBO.
Richard Mille RM 60-01 Regatta Flyback Chrono. The asking price was £40,000, I think these were over £100,000 when they first came out three years ago.
Sorry about the crap pic, it was very sunny.

Richard Mille is the Invicta of the rich people

Btw, bobbee, thanks for helping me in the other thread
PiningforElgin

Postby bobbee » July 22nd 2017, 12:17am

Awww, fuggeddabowdid!
"My father is a mountain, my mother is a washing machine."

"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby koimaster » January 25th 2018, 4:26pm

kevco wrote:[Avi? As overstyled as the watches themselves. Would like to see her without all the make-up and hear her speak without the carefully studied and practiced diction.

[/quote]

Posted just look at Avi again. :roll:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Previous

Return to Affordable Watches