Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby andrema » October 22nd 2010, 11:35am

So what you are saying is that they will let someone who has conducted prior criminal activity jeopardize their company...sorry dude, there are plenty of guys that do what Jim does. If they find that a fraction of this is correct, they will circle the wagons and do damage control FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMPANY, NOT JIM. Sure he works with them, but people have done A LOT more tame people at other media companies (think sports) and have gotten fired!!!

Even IF ShopNBC keeps him on, what will stop a criminal investigation from damaging the company...trust me, bad press for a media company is deadly and they will move quickly to shed positive light on THE COMPANY.

Trust me, ShopNBC would chop his head to get away from a problem and bad press. He doesn't mean shit to them in the long run and can/will be replaced.


User avatar
andrema
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Guest » October 22nd 2010, 11:40am

Me thinks the ball of wax is feeling the heat
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby dude » October 22nd 2010, 11:41am

Mark2 wrote:So what you are saying is that they will let someone who has conducted prior criminal activity jeopardize their company...sorry dude, there are plenty of guys that do what Jim does. If they find that a fraction of this is correct, they will circle the wagons and do damage control FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMPANY, NOT JIM. Sure he works with them, but people have done A LOT more tame people at other media companies (think sports) and have gotten fired!!!

Even IF ShopNBC keeps him on, what will stop a criminal investigation from damaging the company...trust me, bad press for a media company is deadly and they will move quickly to shed positive light on THE COMPANY.

Trust me, ShopNBC would chop his head to get away from a problem and bad press. He doesn't mean shit to them in the long run and can/will be replaced.




. . . I agree with you, to the point that I would carve your words in stone. Far bigger men have fallen from much higher for much less.
User avatar
dude
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1411
Joined: June 2nd 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby koimaster » October 22nd 2010, 11:44am

JtN© wrote:In time though nothing will happen.

Let me play this out for some of us.

ShopNBC says to Jimmy: What you been doing on the internet has to stop.

Jimmy says to ShopNBC: Exactly what have "I" been doing on the internet?

ShopNBC says to Jimmy: Well all this garbage and crap that makes us look bad.

Jimmy says to ShopNBC: And exactly what have I done? I know people who have put this into a bad light for me and makes it all look very bad but what exactly have I done?

ShopNBC says to Jimmy: Well, um, uh, tell all your followers to cool it and keep your nose clean.

Jimmy says to ShopNBC: Will do and thanks for another paycheck, after contract negotiation time they wont be this small.

Yep that is kind of how its going to go. All the ShopNBC lawyers need to do is look at this site and a few others and see how hated Jimmy is and that there is no actual evidential proof he has publicly did anything other than make a few mistakes. He is better than you think at covering and having himself covered by others, it will be a long long time before they do anything to him and I mean a VERY LONG TIME, but maybe someday something might happen.




1. Jimbo and his minions threaten me via email 7 times in total and they are provided to the police and to shop. His personal email no less.

2. Jimbo sends out personal information to thousands with the help of George the informant.

3. Jimbo lied when he got his job about his background and proof is provided to both the police and his employer.

4. Jimbo lies on his website about the Dubois issue as well as other issues which effect shop.

5. Jimbo uses his tv show for a personal vendetta ( a big no no )

6. Women who have worked with him step forward and discuss his sexual behavior towards them

7. Jimbo sends out a facebook blast warning against anotehr site he calls a hater site which also has customers of shop

8. Jimbo and friends set up a phishing site with a implied threat of harm

9. Police so their thing, contact shop about watchgeeks and jimbo

10. Shop finds out what has really been happening at watchgeeks

jimbo leaves eventually, rides his bike into the sunset and up eyals' ass where the annointed one farts and jimbo dies.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
 
Posts: 34347
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Guest » October 22nd 2010, 11:46am

Amen
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby bigedsurf » October 22nd 2010, 11:56am

so mote it be..........
time flies.........
User avatar
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: July 24th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: indiana

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby poot74 » October 22nd 2010, 12:01pm

so lemme ask this...they know the IP Addresses of those here so when you log in there they can ban that IP Address?
poot74
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Guest » October 22nd 2010, 12:28pm

Site has been taken down.
current time 17:28 EDT

It has been redirected to:
Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel,
the leading hosting automation software.

You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby andrema » October 22nd 2010, 12:56pm

poot74 wrote:so lemme ask this...they know the IP Addresses of those here so when you log in there they can ban that IP Address?
Yes...there is a at least that I know that can be done at forumotion...you just list out the IP addresses that you want banned and then poof, gone. This can be done to spammers to cut the BS posts at sites...and I know that they can do it personally at WG, because they have banned multiple IPs of mine :D
User avatar
andrema
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby boscoe » October 22nd 2010, 12:59pm

As a veteran board room and corporate warrior, these scenarios are spot on.
If a head must roll after "loud conversations," it will not be one of the "top men."
Lies told by Jim Skelton and Eyal Lalo on geeks or on the air directly impact ShopNBC's reputation as a brand. In the big picture, BOTH are expendable.
User avatar
boscoe
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Mark » October 22nd 2010, 12:59pm

Time Bandit wrote:Site has been taken down.
current time 17:28 EDT

It has been redirected to:
Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel,
the leading hosting automation software.

You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.



No... There is no www

The site is still there and I have not been banned... LOL My IP that is
User avatar
Mark
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Mark » October 22nd 2010, 1:01pm

Mark wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:Site has been taken down.
current time 17:28 EDT

It has been redirected to:
Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel,
the leading hosting automation software.

You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.



No... There is no www

The site is still there and I have not been banned... LOL My IP that is



My bad.. Both www and non www sites are down.

User avatar
Mark
 

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Watch Noob » October 22nd 2010, 1:36pm

@JtN

That is definitely one scenario on how it could play out, but I doubt it. For one you have to understand there is new ownership on its way in. Comcast buys companies to make money, not lose it. Jaws could get wiped off the map without doing anything wrong. What he is doing is digging himself a ditch and making it an easy decision to let him go soon than later. It won't be Slops decision in the end, they will only be made to enforce it.
Image
User avatar
Watch Noob
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7511
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby boscoe » October 22nd 2010, 1:47pm

Watch Noob wrote:@JtN

That is definitely one scenario on how it could play out, but I doubt it. For one you have to understand there is new ownership on its way in. Comcast buys companies to make money, not lose it. Jaws could get wiped off the map without doing anything wrong. What he is doing is digging himself a ditch and making it an easy decision to let him go soon than later. It won't be Slops decision in the end, they will only be made to enforce it.


Indeed sir.
User avatar
boscoe
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 9667
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby poot74 » October 22nd 2010, 1:50pm

excuse me but what I meant to ask is that can anyone view IP address on another website? If so, wouldn't that be illegal?
poot74
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Watch Noob » October 22nd 2010, 1:59pm

poot74 wrote:excuse me but what I meant to ask is that can anyone view IP address on another website? If so, wouldn't that be illegal?


A member cannot view another members IP address. You have to have administration rights to view IP addy's. So yes, I can see yours right now, but Koi and I are the only people able to see it.
Image
User avatar
Watch Noob
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7511
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby poot74 » October 22nd 2010, 2:01pm

that's fine but can the owners/admins at WGs see the IP Addresses here? I'm trying to understand what and why they are doing that overthere. Is this like a wild animal backed in a corner type situation with them?
poot74
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Bigjimzlll » October 22nd 2010, 2:06pm

No WG's owners/Mods can see any IP adresses here. Only Koimaster and Watchnoob
User avatar
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: June 11th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Redding,CA

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Seattle » October 22nd 2010, 2:19pm

Crap....that means they can find out who I really am?
Better get my pasty fat ass on my 600 and haul ass out of here!



Bigjimzlll wrote:No WG's owners/Mods can see any IP adresses here. Only Koimaster and Watchnoob
User avatar
Seattle
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: September 5th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby poot74 » October 22nd 2010, 2:28pm

I'm a little paranoid since my Facebook page got hijacked a month ago and someone changed the password and birthdate so I can't get in anymore and a few months before that my hotmail account got hacked into but I was able to change that password and so far so good but I can't figure out how anyone's been able to do that to me.
poot74
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby bigedsurf » October 22nd 2010, 2:34pm

google trend micro's housecall scan.....run a scan....sounds like you picked up a virus or a keyogger...
time flies.........
User avatar
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: July 24th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: indiana

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby bigedsurf » October 22nd 2010, 2:36pm

and a keylogger too....
time flies.........
User avatar
bigedsurf
WIS - Retired
 
Posts: 3789
Joined: July 24th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: indiana

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby poot74 » October 22nd 2010, 2:37pm

I have Norton's suite and also use Malwarebytes
poot74
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1369
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby Watch Noob » October 22nd 2010, 2:40pm

bigedsurf wrote:google trend micro's housecall scan.....run a scan....sounds like you picked up a virus or a keyogger...


exactly.

No reason to worry about anyone else seeing your IP here. It's not possible unless Koi or my accounts got hacked. Even then, Koi has multiple accounts on here with Admin rights so he can take the Site down a variety of ways to prevent harm.
Drink a beer, relax and enjoy your security here my friend! Image
Image
User avatar
Watch Noob
Founding Member
 
Posts: 7511
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Threat website is tracking IP addresses

Postby iwasbanned » October 22nd 2010, 2:41pm

I have a dumb question, can you guys see passwords?

User avatar
iwasbanned
Master of Time
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Austin, Texas

PreviousNext

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests