Kool Aid Explained

Kool Aid Explained

Postby koimaster » July 26th 2010, 12:55pm

Someone sent this over to me and I thought it was a perfect explaination of Kool Aid.

Thanks to big bruta and rip it for making me aware of it.

Originally Posted by mba1996
Will somebody please explain to this newbie what the kool-aide comments mean?

I'll try to answer that for you.....

There was once a man named Jim.

Jim was extremely charismatic with swarthy good looks and a commanding voice.

Jim was a stylish dresser.

Jim could pick up a microphone and mesmerize countless throngs of people with his charisma. As a result, he had many followers.

Jim's followers would pattern their lives after him. They shopped when he told them to and purchased what he told them to. They tirelessly hung on his every word and considered his teachings gospel.

Jim's commandments had the rule of law among his followers. The most indoctrinated of his followers became Jim's enforcers. These followers ran off any skeptics or individualists and enforced the groupthink.

Eventually, more and more followers became disenchanted and the methods of enforcing conformity became more and more strindgent.

One day, as it all started to crack, Jim had his followers drink some poisened grape flavored Kool-Aid (actually it was Flavorade). No longer able to think for themselves, the sheep in his flock did as they were told. A little over 900 people died that day.

The incident is commonly referred to as the Guyana Tragedy.

The man I refer to was Jim Jones and his followers were the members of The People's Temple of Jonestown.

From the lessons learned about the dangers of groupthink and cults came the expression....."Don't drink the Kool-Aid"

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Kool Aid Explained

Postby Guest » July 26th 2010, 1:03pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DRINK THE JUICE!!!
....DRINK THE JUICE!

Postby Guest » July 26th 2010, 1:17pm

Different Jim, hope the kool aid doesnt have the same kick but the followers are just as extreme! :koolad:

Postby koimaster » July 26th 2010, 2:23pm

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby bodypeersur » July 26th 2010, 2:32pm

Funny, there are a few of us here that were members in Geekville LONG BEFORE YOU CHIEF! Actually I was a member from day one. So please, spare us the "they don't care for us Geeks" bullshit! Your members prove that it doesn't matter what Invicta, Skelton, Lalo and Davis dish out...you'll follow! Just like the pitiful souls in Jonestown. Check my signature. They look like fuckin brothers! Call Rebecca, she'll make WL go away! LMAO!
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ditchdoc » July 26th 2010, 2:41pm

bodypeersur wrote:Funny, there are a few of us here that were members in Geekville LONG BEFORE YOU CHIEF! Actually I was a member from day one. So please, spare us the "they don't care for us Geeks" bullshit! Your members prove that it doesn't matter what Invicta, Skelton, Lalo and Davis dish out...you'll follow! Just like the pitiful souls in Jonestown. Check my signature. They look like fuckin brothers! Call Rebecca, she'll make WL go away! LMAO!

Good point Duff. Many of us cared a great deal about WG's before Chief even knew it existed. It's hard to continue to care about people that lie and deceive you at every fucking turn about every aspect of their product just to make a buck. it's hard to care about people that make fun of some very loyal members in a special sub forum that they are brash enough to name "the kool kids forum". Then after you have invested yourself and money, they toss you in the corner like a used condom. Yeeeaaahhh, it's a little hard to care now.

Just wait Chief and other of like minds, you will either wake up one day and get the same treatment from those asshats or you will remain a blind stupid fuck and you will have my pitty.

Either way, I couldn't care less.

but I'm not bitter. :D
Ditchdoc

Postby bodypeersur » July 26th 2010, 2:54pm

There were quite a few of us Ken...You, Me, Trevor, Alain (posted so many quality posts there regarding watches, movements, Swiss Laws...etc), barnbuilder, watchcollector1968...well, you get the idea. We woke up, spoke our mind and were lied about. Funny how they banned 3 of us on the same day and then put out their "Banned Members" thread. No way we could defend ourselves to the lies they were spouting! That's how they do things there. Then that put all the minions on a rampage to find out who the evil members were! FUCK JS and MD 20/20. His comments about me receiving a watch from the forum and winning WGOM....so what? Does that mean I should remain blind to the bullshit? Does that mean I'm a malcontent because I found out all the lies and voiced my discontent? Does that mean while I was talking to Ken on the phone, someone was pretending to be me and PMing Ken that I'm supposed to just say, "Oh that's okay Michael." Again, FUCK MD and JS. Wake up Chief. Like Ken says, you'll get yours one day. The owners wouldn't give a shit about you if you didn't spend so much money on Invictas...trust me!
Last edited by Anonymous on July 26th 2010, 3:15pm, edited 2 times in total.
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » July 26th 2010, 2:55pm

Good lord - I like a few of the WGs, but there really are some sad, sorry folks over there. It's getting SCARY.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » July 26th 2010, 2:56pm

One more thing about Chiefy: I really respect the guy and the type of work he does. Too bad he has to act like the does on that site; it's embarrassing.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby bodypeersur » July 26th 2010, 3:00pm

I too respect the job he DID. As I do any Firefighter, Police Officer, Medic..etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't make them level headed when it comes to things outside of their profession, as proven by Chief's comment.
bodypeersur
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Ditchdoc » July 26th 2010, 3:09pm

I really hate to doubt a mans word but if I had a dime for everybody I met that says they used to be a paramedic, I would have no trouble buying my Rolex Deep Sea Dweller.
Ditchdoc

Postby Guest » July 26th 2010, 3:11pm

Ditchdoc wrote:I really hate to doubt a mans word but if I had a dime for everybody I met that says they used to be a paramedic, I would have no trouble buying my Rolex Deep Sea Dweller.

I've seen him in action. He was.

Postby koimaster » July 26th 2010, 9:02pm

Invicta is a Cult Thread Continued

https://issuu.com/watchgeeks/docs/invic ... rink_deep_

Invicta is a Cult Thread Continued

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Guest » July 26th 2010, 9:30pm

I don't know guys, we did all fly out to Georgia to fuck MD's car up, well Ken drove but I spent a grand to wipe shaving cream on his car ( a clock at 10:10) priceless, forgot about the popped tires and got back on the red eye for work in the morning. Man we were a bunch of malcontents back then! A guy with weapons out the ass, 8th degree black belt, security cameras and he still couldn't catch the robin hoods and went online to blame all of us knowing we couldn't respond! Nothing wrong with Georgia but if I'm taking a day vacation and flying somewhere it wouldn't be there and I would be the only thing getting fucked up, maybe Mexico! I could get down there drink like crazy, watch the donkey show and stumble back to the airport and report for work the next day, he'll I'm the boss!

Postby dude » July 26th 2010, 9:52pm

TemerityB wrote:One more thing about Chiefy: I really respect the guy and the type of work he does. Too bad he has to act like the does on that site; it's embarrassing.

. . . hate to be the one to say this, but I don't give a flying fuck what a man does for a living. I've met stupid doctors, crooked judges, ignorant law officers . . . . but I've also met stand up guys from all walks of life, white collar, blue or grey.

. . . men are men. We are who we are, what we do for a living is a means to an end - $$$$$.
Last edited by Anonymous on July 26th 2010, 10:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
dude
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Bigjimzlll » July 26th 2010, 10:02pm

I'm getting tired of the professionals that claim they were at ground zero. First, the heros that were there and survived wouldn't be wearing it on their sleve. Being a paramedic home in Long Island on your day off...does not give you the right to wear that badge of honor..

Last edited by Anonymous on July 27th 2010, 2:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS

Postby Guest » July 27th 2010, 9:23am

like I said when I was banned, that forum is gonna fold like a bad poker hand.........they are waking up slowly.........only guy left will be RubitRaw.....lmfao

Postby koimaster » April 13th 2018, 4:14pm

for pete's sake

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby conjurer » April 13th 2018, 7:38pm

Originally Posted by mba1996
Will somebody please explain to this newbie what the kool-aide comments mean?

Interestingly, I can see Charles Ninetoes asking a stupid ass question like this.
Jim...you are a ray of sunshine here.

--pacerguy, tonguing Jawbone's distended ballsack, at WITless.

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby smellody » April 13th 2018, 8:13pm

What happened to Bodypeersur? He still around?
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby Mark1 » April 13th 2018, 8:19pm

smellody wrote:What happened to Bodypeersur? He still around?

I think he still checks in once in a great while.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1
Founding Member - WIS

Postby smellody » April 13th 2018, 8:19pm

Duff. Duffman.
smellody
Founding Member - WIS

Postby koimaster » April 13th 2018, 9:40pm

Mark1 wrote:
smellody wrote:What happened to Bodypeersur? He still around?

I think he still checks in once in a great while.

he split up with his wife, made some changes but as mark posted, he stops by and keeps in touch with me.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Return to The Watchlord Archives - The early years