Tourneau Will Die Fast

Tourneau Will Die Fast

Postby tiktok » February 12th 2018, 4:40pm

Word on the street is that Bucherer the new owner of Tourneau will change the name to Buchere r and get its design cues from the stores across Europe.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Tourneau Will Die Fast

Postby foghorn » February 12th 2018, 5:15pm

A rose is a rose is a rose

"Work!!????"-Maynard G. Krebs

Like that but cat-F. Sklodowska
foghorn
Founding Member - WIS

Postby TemerityB » February 12th 2018, 6:30pm

I agree with tok. If Tourneau/Bucherer goes "Euro," it's over. Won't work, because it ignores how U.S. consumers make their decisions - with their wallets.
Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » February 13th 2018, 12:29am

From what I can see, the stores look pretty nice. Maybe they'll have little desks with banker's lamps on them to show watches to customers at like the Patek and JLC boutiques, and serve cappuccinos, lates or diet Cokes, and those little pretentious European pastries and whatnot.
Copyright ©️ 2018 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Pubbie » February 13th 2018, 1:49am

Them forriners with their funny ways :). They're going for the boutique approach - pasties, handjobs - to minimise discounting. Leave that to Jomashop and all the others.

Reason it won't work is that Europeans like paying full price!
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » February 13th 2018, 7:07am

Pubbie wrote:Them forriners with their funny ways :). They're going for the boutique approach - pasties, handjobs - to minimise discounting. Leave that to Jomashop and all the others.

Reason it won't work is that Europeans like paying full price!

The lack of discount watch stores in Europe is rather frustrating. Maybe the Chrono24 dealers have some deals on unworn, brand new watches every now and then, but that's that.

Then again, the boutique approach is not that bad - I've been walking by some local watch stores, and there were some cute lasses working there, and I surely wouldn't mind getting a handjob from them. The thing is, you can ask a lass from a boutique when does she finish the shift, and ask her out for a coffee. You wouldn't be able to do that with Jomashop, no?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby tiktok » February 13th 2018, 1:18pm

I did not say anything about their sales plan or pricing. If they are smart they would highlight different brands with a discount. I am not sure what percent would get me to look at an Oris but something like that would make me take time to stop and strap one on.

I was by JLC Saturday and they had the cookies, champagne, I don't drink and my boss at home makes me hit the elliptical for confessed sugar binges. I'm just trying to guess if and when a watch is going to hit the gray zone...are they going to dribble them out or hit the ADs simultaneously. When will "takuya" have it on Recon and will his price indicate more is on the way.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk